07-28-2013 08:37 PM
1,570 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    For some reason when i have the phone plugged in and i shut down or reboot phone i get stuck at the battery charge screen until i unplug the charger. Is this normal or just a bad flash on my part?
    This is normal behavior. As to whether it's a bug that will be fixed, or if it is supposed to behave this way, I can't answer that.
    Dannemand likes this.
    01-24-2012 01:20 PM
    For some reason when i have the phone plugged in and i shut down or reboot phone i get stuck at the battery charge screen until i unplug the charger. Is this normal or just a bad flash on my part?
    This is normal behavior. As to whether it's a bug that will be fixed, or if it is supposed to behave this way, I can't answer that.
    Seriously, it just behaves like stock ROM now - except on stock we didn't have a reboot option. I saw blarf, Jerry, tdm discuss whether it could be addresses when rebooting.

As for booting from power off, just hold down power button till the LG logo comes up.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO
    01-24-2012 02:59 PM
    I was wondering something about the Messaging. I've noticed that the current Messaging (the default Android one) my friends are using is now similar to what the iPhone has. It has speak bubbles and stuff and my phone running Harmonia 2.03 still has the old original OV Froyo messaging style. I kinda like that iPhone style messaging and I was wondering if there's a way to get that? Cuz I remember something here saying everything was up to date and according to my phone, my phone is running Messaging 2.3.7, which DOES seem up to date, so why does it still look Froyo?
    There are apps to make it have that style, but it's not stock

I think Go messenger has that.
    richasianman likes this.
    01-24-2012 04:16 PM
    Just throwing out big thanks for your hardwork. Love the simplicity of the Rom exactly what I was looking for, tryed other brews of the same ROM. I use 3rd party ROMs to get away from bloat, I want what "I" want, your ROM is best for users that are looking for the same with all the best behind the scences drivers ect. already put in there. Also great instruction, out of nervous habit even though I have been installing ROMs for awhile I always read instructions and follow them when given for a certian ROM. Your instructions are clear and simple with great tips!
    01-24-2012 08:32 PM
    There are apps to make it have that style, but it's not stock

I think Go messenger has that.
    My friends,who have NO knowledge of any apps that could modify anything, have regular unrooted Gingerbread phones (2.3.5) with the default Messaging 2.3.5 and it looks completely different from mine. But I'll check that Go messenger. I really like that look lol

Thanks LeslieAnn You do amazing work
    01-25-2012 12:25 AM
    My friends,who have NO knowledge of any apps that could modify anything, have regular unrooted Gingerbread phones (2.3.5) with the default Messaging 2.3.5 and it looks completely different from mine. But I'll check that Go messenger. I really like that look lol

Your other phone probably has a manufacturer "skinned" version of android such as Sense or Touchwiz.

Sent from space
    01-25-2012 12:58 AM
    I want to say thank you to LeslieAnn for your hard work. Before I was using this rom I was using the modded stock OV rom with the overclocked kernel, that I cant even seem to find anymore , anyways, I was feeling the age of my phone while running that and decided to look for something new. And I found this.

There were a few kinks that I had to work out; such as not being able to buy apps in the market (said an error occurred while trying to process your order) and I couldn't download apps to my phone through the market on my desktop (on my desktop it said I had no devices associated with my account) I fixed that by first doing a nandroid backup just in case and then installing the universal gapps.zip which I got from the cm7 wiki, and after going through the first time set up for that (which I didn't see originally, not sure if that was the problem) it worked, and I can see my device through the market on my computer now. And I'm fully in love with this rom, and my phone again, (I was at the point where I almost went and got a new phone yesterday [phew that was close]).

I also decided that I wanted the Live wallpapers from the cm7 rom, mainly the nice blue nexus one, so I pulled the apk from that rom and that worked perfect.

Oh and an added bonus is tethering works for me now! Where as before I could enable it but the devices that connected to it couldnt access the internet.

Thanks again!
    01-25-2012 04:00 AM
    It sounds like you had an incomplete flash, the Market definitely works. I would nandroid and flash directly over what you have, without wiping (do wipe Dalvik), that should fix some of the issues. While what you have works, it may have some hidden issues waiting to be found. If one thing is bad, who knows what else is.

Any idea of the name of the rom you were on before? May have been Stock + Xionia, but I don't think that had market issues.

I'm gad you like it, and especially glad it saved you from buying another phone. They may be old and slow, but they work quite well.
    01-25-2012 06:26 AM

I believe different carriers use carrier specific custom gui for some functions on the phones.
    01-25-2012 11:11 AM
    Hello, LeslieAnn! Thanks again for the rom. I've finally updated to Harmonia 2.3 and everything is so much snappier. However, I regret to inform you that I'm having the perpetual accelerometer lag problem that was supposedly fixed in IHO back in September. After 6 hours or so, it starts taking up to 30 seconds for the screen to change orientation. Guess I'll just lock to portrait mode for now. :P

Oddly enough, I didn't have this issue on the Harmonia 2b1 from August. I'm using the old Optimus V with the Xionia recovery, and Harmonia 2.3. I've done complete wipes, used different Harmonia zips (redownloaded several times, on different computers), and even used different SD cards. I come out to the same conclusion. Hopefully we can figure this out. In the meantime, I'll flash the IHO recovery.

Cheers,
    Mike
    01-25-2012 11:27 AM
    It sounds like you had an incomplete flash, the Market definitely works. I would nandroid and flash directly over what you have, without wiping (do wipe Dalvik), that should fix some of the issues. While what you have works, it may have some hidden issues waiting to be found. If one thing is bad, who knows what else is.
    Would you still suggest flashing over what I have if I had already tried doing a second 100% wipe and flash before I resorted to installing the gapps.zip?

Any idea of the name of the rom you were on before? May have been Stock + Xionia, but I don't think that had market issues.
    I believe it was the stock + Xionia, since I am using the Xionia recovery I seemed to of overlooked that detail, and I didn't have any market issues with my past rom. After I get home from work tonight I will flash the recovery image you suggested if reflashing over my current install doesn't fix it.
    01-25-2012 05:12 PM
    Hello, LeslieAnn! Thanks again for the rom. I've finally updated to Harmonia 2.3 and everything is so much snappier. However, I regret to inform you that I'm having the perpetual accelerometer lag problem that was supposedly fixed in IHO back in September. After 6 hours or so, it starts taking up to 30 seconds for the screen to change orientation. Guess I'll just lock to portrait mode for now. :P
    After only 6 hours? That is a bit strange.
    I have no idea, yes, the lag can come back, but usually not after 6 hours. I would look into some of your apps, settings or data being restored.

Would you still suggest flashing over what I have if I had already tried doing a second 100% wipe and flash before I resorted to installing the gapps.zip?
    A Wipe doesn't always remove everything unless you wipe all the mounting points, and even then sometimes it takes 2 times. Flashing a second time just gives it another chance to write the files over. It sounds similar, but just doesn't always take.

I would also run an MD5 check, that may help find the culprit.

These phones can be fickle, especially newer models. I'm convinced the flash memory in them is cut rate and doesn't always take flashing like it should.
    01-25-2012 10:18 PM
    A Wipe doesn't always remove everything unless you wipe all the mounting points, and even then sometimes it takes 2 times. Flashing a second time just gives it another chance to write the files over. It sounds similar, but just doesn't always take..
    Ok so I just reinstalled after wiping only the Dalvik, and it still seems to be working just fine; like it seemed to be, but I'll be sure to let you know if I run into any more bumps.

And I already checked the md5 sum way before I flashed the rom for the first time and it matched, so unless matching md5 sums is the culprit...
    01-26-2012 03:28 AM
    Ok so I just reinstalled after wiping only the Dalvik, and it still seems to be working just fine; like it seemed to be, but I'll be sure to let you know if I run into any more bumps.
    I hope it works better for you, I don't like it when things only sorta work, especially when I know they do work right.
    01-26-2012 05:05 AM
    I wiped everything three times, including my SD card (using my phone), don't restore data, etc... Love this ROM but if this last attempt doesn't fix my freezing / MMS issues I think I'm just going to go buy the Slider. I want a QWERTY anyway.
    01-26-2012 12:49 PM
    I've had no problems with mms or anything else with this rom. Everything runs smooth. Keep up the awesome work LeslieAnn.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    01-26-2012 05:00 PM
    I wiped everything three times, including my SD card (using my phone), don't restore data, etc... Love this ROM but if this last attempt doesn't fix my freezing / MMS issues I think I'm just going to go buy the Slider. I want a QWERTY anyway.
    I'm not sure what you are missing, there is nothing wrong with mms at least in terms of the rom.
    Have you tried other IHO roms or even Harmonia 1x?

I'm almost wondering if there is a problem with the phone.
    01-26-2012 07:05 PM
    Oh, my bad. I know it's not the ROM specifically, I tend to have issues with all of them. I'm thinking it's an issue with the phone hardware as well. We'll see how this triple wipe situation goes, everything is smooth now but it usually takes a few days for the freezing to start. I'll be testing MMS tomorrow.
    01-26-2012 10:59 PM
    Im really diggin curiousnoobs theme! How would I get my phone to look just like that? Help please
    01-27-2012 01:18 PM
    Im really diggin curiousnoobs theme! How would I get my phone to look just like that? Help please
    Send a private message to curiousnoob asking him
    01-27-2012 01:39 PM
    I tryed it said something like I have to post 5 or more things to be able to send private messages tho... :/
    01-27-2012 02:09 PM
    Sorry total do this 3 times
    crbirdx likes this.
    01-27-2012 02:17 PM
    Only 2 now
    crbirdx likes this.
    01-27-2012 02:18 PM
    1 sorry guys
    01-27-2012 02:21 PM
    @kiellsdroid. Aahhhahahahahahaha, that's funny, I hope you can PM people now
    01-27-2012 03:09 PM
1,570 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD