[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

SammyCT

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

Can anyone please tell me how to activate the optimus v with Harmonia 2 installed. I have recently got my optimus v. I activated it, rooted it, and flashed Harmonia 2 to it. Now I want to port my Verizon number to my new optimus v. Virgin Mobile basically disconnect my phone and want to reactive it again. So when I tried dial "##478446#" the menu doesn't come up. I searched other forum and learned that Harmonia can activate the phone. Please help!

Sam

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone please tell me how to activate the optimus v with Harmonia 2 installed. I have recently got my optimus v. I activated it, rooted it, and flashed Harmonia 2 to it. Now I want to port my Verizon number to my new optimus v. Virgin Mobile basically disconnect my phone and want to reactive it again. So when I tried dial "##478446#" the menu doesn't come up. I searched other forum and learned that Harmonia can activate the phone. Please help!
Hi Sam,

I believe you have to go back to a Froyo based ROM on order to activate. It doesn't work with Gingerbread ROMs.

Backup you current ROM in recovery, then either restore your stock ROM (if you saved it) or flash Harmonia 1.7 (which I believe contains the activate app). If you flash back to Froyo (as opposed to restore), you need to do a full wipe first. So make sure you have that backup of your current ROM.

Edit: confirmation or correction from others is most welcome.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

SammyCT

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately I didn't backup my original stock rom. I did backup my current rom. I will try to flash Harmonia 1.7 to my phone. Btw, once I successful flash Harmonia 1.7 to my phone will I be able to activate my phone using the '##478446#" method, or it is a different procedure to activate it?

My wife also has the optimus v (we bought the two phones at the same time) and has nothing been done to it (i.e. still has the original recovery and stock rom). If I fail with activiating using Harmonia 1.7, will I be able to utilize my wife's phone (such as install the same custom recovery her phone, do a backup to a sdcard, then insert the sdcard to my phone and do a restore? I know this is probably a very unique situation and no one has probably try it before. But I would like to explore all options.

Thank you.
Sam

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

@Sam yes it should work ##478446# plus it also comes with the active app, its like the original stock. But much much better,faster,smoother it's what the stock rom should have been:)!

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi Dan,

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately I didn't backup my original stock rom. I did backup my current rom. I will try to flash Harmonia 1.7 to my phone. Btw, once I successful flash Harmonia 1.7 to my phone will I be able to activate my phone using the '##478446#" method, or it is a different procedure to activate it?

My wife also has the optimus v (we bought the two phones at the same time) and has nothing been done to it (i.e. still has the original recovery and stock rom). If I fail with activiating using Harmonia 1.7, will I be able to utilize my wife's phone (such as install the same custom recovery her phone, do a backup to a sdcard, then insert the sdcard to my phone and do a restore? I know this is probably a very unique situation and no one has probably try it before. But I would like to explore all options.

Thank you.
Sam
I have not tried this myself, but I've seen many posts about it. I believe since Harmonia 1.7 is actually based on the stock ROM, that you should be able to use any of the activation features of the phone as delivered by VMU.

Otherwise there are threads here containing backups of stock ROM as well. But careful before flashing any of those since it must match your phone model (new vs old screen).

But I don't think you'll need any of that. Harmonia 1.7 should do it for you

Once again, anyone else who want to chip in and correct or confirm is most welcome.

SammyCT

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

No sucess at flashing Harmonia 1.7 here. I use CWM 3.0.0.6 recovery and flash Harmonia 1.7. I did a full wipe as the following:

Select ?wipe data/factory reset
Select ?yes?
Go to ?mounts and storage?
Select ?format /boot?
Select ?yes?
Select ?format /system?
Select ?yes?
Back out of that menu to the main one again and select ?advanced?
Select ?Wipe Dalvik Cache?
Select ?yes?

I then flash the Harmonia zip file. Everything went fine except when I rebooted the phone only the LG logo flashed by and went away and it stucked at a blank screen.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Load up 1.7 and hit activate, everything should happen automatically.

And yes, the ## thing works, but all you need is to hit Activate. If it doesn't complete, try again, it can take 2 or 3 times to finish. Once done, go back to CM7.

Edit:
You are not getting a good flash, which is a problem on the newer phones.

Md5 the file on the sdcard, and make sure you wipe system, boot, cache, data and Dalvik at least once.
The Bobzhome IHO recovery may also help. Guides to all of this are at the bottom of post 1 in Harmonia 2.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

No sucess at flashing Harmonia 1.7 here. I use CWM 3.0.0.6 recovery and flash Harmonia 1.7. I did a full wipe as the following:

Select ?wipe data/factory reset
Select ?yes?
Go to ?mounts and storage?
Select ?format /boot?
Select ?yes?
Select ?format /system?
Select ?yes?
Back out of that menu to the main one again and select ?advanced?
Select ?Wipe Dalvik Cache?
Select ?yes?

I then flash the Harmonia zip file. Everything went fine except when I rebooted the phone only the LG logo flashed by and went away and it stucked at a blank screen.

I'm using cwmr too and all I do when I install roms is the factory reset and dalvik cache wipe, those two work fine for me. Try just wiping those two and then flash andsee if it boots.

SammyCT

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm using cwmr too and all I do when I install roms is the factory reset and dalvik cache wipe, those two work fine for me. Try just wiping those two and then flash andsee if it boots.

I tried but no luck. Thank you for the suggestion.

SammyCT

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Load up 1.7 and hit activate, everything should happen automatically.

And yes, the ## thing works, but all you need is to hit Activate. If it doesn't complete, try again, it can take 2 or 3 times to finish. Once done, go back to CM7.

Edit:
You are not getting a good flash, which is a problem on the newer phones.

Md5 the file on the sdcard, and make sure you wipe system, boot, cache, data and Dalvik at least once.
The Bobzhome IHO recovery may also help. Guides to all of this are at the bottom of post 1 in Harmonia 2.

Thank you for the suggestions. I MD5 the file on my pc and it's fine. I have partitioned my sd card for link2sd and since then I couldn't read the sdcard via my pc's card reader. And I couldn't connect my phone via usb since the phone wouldn't boot up.

I will try using Bobzhome recovery and see if I have better luck.

Sam

SammyCT

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

LOL, I guess I could restore to one of my backup and I could then MD5 the file and flash new recovery. A little slow here. :)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I MD5 the file on my pc and it's fine.
Doesn't count.

On average, USB file transfer has less error correction than the internet.
Not to mention flash memory can be prone to errors, especially cheap cards in devices with a very limited tolerance for formatting variances

Bottom line, you need to md5 the file on the card or doing an md5 is utterly pointless.

For those wondering, usb ONLY has error control if the hardware manufacturer includes it. Bluetooth is probably the same way, which would explain why it has lots of errors on large files as well. Early usb network adapters had loads of issues with this. Both have very slack rules in order to allow manufacturers lots of leeway on what it can do.

As for the cards, devices are designed to read the exact formatting they do, nothing more. Computers on the other hand have loads of room for drivers and error control and so they can cope with variances in how something is formatted. This is why you should always format cards in the device they were meant to be used in and not the computer. which may use a generic format method.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I guess I could restore to one of my backup and I could then MD5 the file and flash new recovery. A little slow here. :)
I was gonna suggest exactly that. That's a pretty old recovery you have now.

Then I'd check MD5 of the Harmonia 1.7 zip from the SD card directly on the phone. I use ES File Explorer for this.

Edit: LeslieAnn beat me to it. Follow her advice to the letter. She's the expert!

SammyCT

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Actually the backup was done yesterday so it is pretty up-to-date. Except I can't activate. bummer.

I followed LeslieAnn's suggestions. I MD5 the Harmonia 1.7 zip file by using MD5SUM right on the phone and it matches. I then flashed the BobzHome recovery. Then I did a full wipe, I then flashed the Harmonia 1.7. But I still got the blank screen after I rebooted.

Anything else I could try?

Thanks,
Sam

SammyCT

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

What is the key for "select" once I am in the BobzHome recovery? I know this sound weird that now I am asking this question since in my previous post I said I had did a full wipe and install Harmonia 1.7 rom thru BobzHome recovery. What happened was when I first boot into BobzHome's recovery the first time none of the key worked. Clicking the Menu, Home, or the Power key will bring me to the screen where there is a hat with a yellow arrow (sort of like a circle) and stay there with nothing else happen. The other two keys, Return and Search, didn't do anything either. I played around and try clicking and eventually a new menu option labeled "+++++ no return++++" appear on the bottom of the list of option and now the Search key become the selection key and I was able to make selections.

But now after rebooting from finishing flashing the Harmonia rom, I haven't been able to use any of the key to make selection because that new menu option labeled "++++++ no return+++++++" is no there.

At this time I am almost come to the point to realize that I may have bricked my phone. :(

SammyCT

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I found the selection key for BobzHome recovery. It is one of the two small side keys on the right side of the phone. Now that I can make selection within BobzHome recovery at will :) I went ahead and retried flashing Harmonia 1.7 - no luck. Flashed a "stock" rom I found online - no luck. But when I flashed Harmonia 2.03 (one that I have been using) and it worked; I successfully flashed the Harmonia 2.03 rom.

Any suggestion please?

SammyCT

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

LeslieAnn,

Is there any older version of the Harmonia I can try which I may have better luck?

Thanks,
Sam

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Older versions of 1 and 2 are at the bottom of the first or second post in their respective forums.

Sounds like a stubborn phone.