07-28-2013 08:37 PM
1,570 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    LeslieAnn,

I was wondering if you could tell me if there is a known reason why the 'successfully installed'/'successfully updated' message does not seem to stay in the notification bar until cleared. Every time I download/update an app from market, once it updates, the notification that usually would stay there until you clear it manually just seems to clear itself regardless. It worked at first for a bit, then started doing this. I redid an entire wipe/flash and it did the same thing. I only ask because I happen to like the notification staying there especially when I'm updating on the go or something. I never seem to remember later in the day that I had updated something, so it comes in useful for me at times
    That's not normal.
    What all did you wipe?

Leslie Ann

Can you tell me what the "qmux client_socket?" I keeps showing up in the data/Radio folder when it never use to, and sometimes when I reboot my phone I have no radio at all.
    You didn't properly wipe from your last rom. What you are seeing is not a part of Harmonia and is probably the reason for your troubles.
    02-16-2012 04:30 PM
    That's not normal.
    What all did you wipe?

You didn't properly wipe from your last rom. What you are seeing is not a part of Harmonia and is probably the reason for your troubles.
    I wiped everything.

May have found out the problem, think it my have something to do with the adblocker app I had installed. Went through and deleted everything that had to do with the app, and going to test with several reboots. If all else fails well do a complete wipe and reinstall; but it is most likely the app and anything had to do with the app, cause it started doing that after I install the app.

Edit: After 3 reboots everything is fine so fare.
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    02-16-2012 05:46 PM
    That's not normal.
    What all did you wipe?

I wiped the following in order:

Factory Reset
    Format Boot
    Format System
    Wipe Dalvik cache

From there I flashed the 2.03 ROM.
    02-16-2012 08:32 PM
    Could be an app causing it, see what EarthnFire78 wrote above. It does work, just not on yours it seems, so something is different.
    02-16-2012 09:22 PM
    I would recommend buying Beautiful Widgets though, so many more options.
    Just wanna mention that Beautiful Widgets is free on getjar. Tapatalk too.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO
    technobear likes this.
    02-16-2012 11:11 PM
    I just bought tapa on amazon for .99 but i picked up beautiful widgets
    02-17-2012 01:07 AM
    Could be an app causing it, see what EarthnFire78 wrote above. It does work, just not on yours it seems, so something is different.
    Just to be safe, I redid another wipe, this time wiping everything except my SD card. So far so good, I installed all my apps again and the notification is working. I did at one point have that 'Ad Blocker' app installed but then I uninstalled it. So perhaps there is connection with both our issues and that darn app causing issues because it does require root access. Thanks for your help Leslie, I really appreciate it!
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    02-17-2012 09:43 AM
    Just to be safe, I redid another wipe, this time wiping everything except my SD card. So far so good, I installed all my apps again and the notification is working. I did at one point have that 'Ad Blocker' app installed but then I uninstalled it. So perhaps there is connection with both our issues and that darn app causing issues because it does require root access. Thanks for your help Leslie, I really appreciate it!
    The adblock app I had is call Adfree Android: it may not like IHO Costume ROM's or something, casue after uninstalling and deleting anything that had to do with it all my problems went away.

Don't really play games on my phone, use it more for Social Networking, and the Apps that I have that are ad supported I well just donate the put an end to those ads.
    02-17-2012 10:27 AM
    The adblock app I had is call Adfree Android: it may not like IHO Costume ROM's or something, casue after uninstalling and deleting anything that had to do with it all my problems went away.

Don't really play games on my phone, use it more for Social Networking, and the Apps that I have that are ad supported I well just donate the put an end to those ads.
    I had addfree android as well. So far it all works like it should. The only bug I may have found is I can't get my incoming messages to read 'received'
    02-17-2012 12:26 PM
    Never had trouble with that, been using it for a year now.
    Make sure it's the one by BigTinCan.com
    02-17-2012 07:10 PM
    Never had trouble with that, been using it for a year now.
    Make sure it's the one by BigTinCan.com
    Turns out that an App was not causing the problem at all. I had setup Data2Ext, and when I disabled it all the problems went away. Would refllash, but I have flashed my OV 10 times in a day so I think I'll just give it some time off.

O, and out of the 3 IHO CH7 ROM's for the OV, this one is the most stable.
    02-18-2012 10:24 AM
    Are there any known issues with any apps? Could I send you a pm of my very short list of apps if you happen to know of any conflicts?
    02-18-2012 05:44 PM
    Are there any known issues with any apps? Could I send you a pm of my very short list of apps if you happen to know of any conflicts?
    Nothing that I know of specifically.
    02-18-2012 09:54 PM
    Thanks for the weather widget suggestions and links. I went the Beautiful Widgets route. The Weather widget is definitely the nicest-looking one of the widgets included with Beautiful Widgets.

Any suggestions on easiest way to customize the brightness presets? For brightness, Beautiful Widgets is worse than the stock brightness control, only allowing 40% and 100%. Is there a simple widget app that can toggle between customized values (which for me is 10% 25% 40% and 100%)?
    02-18-2012 10:15 PM
    Just wanna mention that Beautiful Widgets is free on getjar. Tapatalk too.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO
    To bad GetJar never updates there apps though

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-18-2012 10:18 PM
    To bad GetJar never updates there apps though
    Actually they do notify about updates if you install the getjar apk. I received one or two such notifications - though not in a long time. That said, of course it's not a "real" store like Amazon or market.

Update: I did hear that getjar pays developers each time an app is downloaded (they make their money on ads). So using them does support devs.
    02-18-2012 10:49 PM
    Nothing that I know of specifically.
    I did some testing and can narrow this a bit. When installing an app for the first time, the 'successfully installed' message shows and stays in the notification bar until clicked or cleared. The issue happens when updating an existing app. After updating an app, the 'successfully updated' message shows in the notification bar, but clears itself instead of remaining in the status bar. I just installed one app and updated another app to test this. I also force closed all running apps before running the test. Turns out fresh installs display correctly, but updates do not.

Update: I updated another app today, it stayed in the notification bar after updating from market and all my apps were running like normal. I'm not sure what the heck is up with this then or why it behaves this way 'randomly'. It does not seem to matter though what apps are running.
    02-19-2012 09:23 PM
    Had a strange issue while testing this R0M out. The notification froze half way into swiping it away and while I could still use the phone, it was impossible to clear the notification bar or use the buttons there to enable or disable things like WiFi. A reboot fixed it but I thought you'd want to know.

PS: Tapatalk does not like PNG images, is there a way to get screenshots to save as JPGs?

--bornagainpenguin
    02-21-2012 02:33 PM
    Had a strange issue while testing this R0M out. The notification froze half way into swiping it away and while I could still use the phone, it was impossible to clear the notification bar or use the buttons there to enable or disable things like WiFi. A reboot fixed it but I thought you'd want to know.

Click to view quoted image

PS: Tapatalk does not like PNG images, is there a way to get screenshots to save as JPGs?

--bornagainpenguin

I have not quite run into that issue. I've had the scroll down notification bar stop like 1/5 of the way down and just freeze there until I put my finger back on the screen and it reset to the top and i'd just scroll it back down. I've never had it freeze completely. If it keeps happening it's possible to be a bad flash of the rom.

I'm not sure how to get the screenshots to save as anything else, I dont really use the screenshot feature much on the phone, and when I do, I send them to my computer and convert them in paint
    02-21-2012 04:35 PM
    This issue has been mentioned before, I think on the IHO thread. I don't think it's a matter of a bad flash.

Sent from my Optimus V on Harmonia 2.
    02-21-2012 05:28 PM
    Harmonia 2.03 on Optimus V
    Issue: OpenVPN not connecting.

Identical OpenVPN configuration on NexusOne running 2.6.37.6-cyanogenmod-01509-g8913be8 seems to work fine.

Server shows connection sets up and then immediately dropped. Phone just shows "Connecting..." and eventually times out.

Anybody else using OpenVPN with Harmonia?
    02-24-2012 06:29 PM
    Harmonia 2.03 on Optimus V
    Issue: OpenVPN not connecting.

Anybody else using OpenVPN with Harmonia?
    This is more an IHO issue.
    I have been tempted though.

See if some of the newer IHO roms have it, I'll probably be doing an update this weekend and if the other IHO roms have VPN working, then the update will likely fix it for you.

If not, I would post in the IHO thread and see if maybe we can get something towards fixing it.
    02-24-2012 06:37 PM
    Compared to Harmonia 1 (Froyo), how's the battery life on this, i'm using Harmonia 1 and wanna transition to Gingerbread but i'm a battery guzzler, i get about 1.5 days on Froyo and heard that Gingerbread Roms destroy battery life.
    02-24-2012 09:07 PM
    You will probably only get about 90% of the battery life, but 90% is probably more than enough for your needs, and is far cry from earlier versions where we were getting a little more than half. The only way to know for sure though is to try it.

You aren't a guzzler. Compared to many, you're a light user.
    Jasonboy likes this.
    02-24-2012 10:52 PM
    Has anyone been able to change PRL with Harmonia v2 using QPST? (the instructions posted in a thread in the main OV forum)

I couldn't get QPST to recognize my phone, and am not sure if it's a configuration issue on my computer or QPST just doesn't recognize this type of ROM. Last time I did it, I was on Froyo/Bumblebee.
    02-25-2012 01:22 PM
1,570 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD