[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

mysticalnyte

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

How common is it to get a bad nandroid back up? I keep the previous one to the first back up just in case I get one and its saved my hide a couple of times.

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2

Well even that didn't work. I moved it to ./system/app and it wasn't in the apps list. Rebooted and still not there. Tried installing the app from that location and still said "application not installed"

I ended up reflashing Harmonia but also flashing gapps at the same time and now everything is working well. I have my news/weather app and downloads from Play are installing correctly.

I don't know what happened but it all seems good now!

One more update.. The GAPPS file I flashed (Originally for Backside IHO 7.2) had the old market on it. Then it only updated to old 3.4 Play which kept force closing on me.

I ended up manually installing the 3.5 Play posted in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...cks/162963-google-play-update-3-5-15-apk.html and now it works well.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

How common is it to get a bad nandroid back up? I keep the previous one to the first back up just in case I get one and its saved my hide a couple of times.

Not very, I keep a bunch on hand. I offload them to my file serve regularly even though I had a 16gig card.

Reactions: mysticalnyte

dwcasey

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Just wanted to pop on and say I really appreciate the work LeslieAnn on this ROM and the continued work.

The LG-OV has gone from my personal phone to the "family" or "home" phone now and this ROM will keep it in service for us for the near future...stable, fast, smooth.

Looking forward to the AOKP, MIUI, etc that might be going on with this phone, but for now, I'll stick with H2.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

New_Droid

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Might be some confusion with my question, or possibly how I just popped in? I knew you were talking about nandroid back ups. I was just curious if I could follow those steps to set up data2ext on the ov. While I'm also on your ROM.

A little lost here, was just seeking advice/guidance

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

OOOH okay, sorry, I thought you were suggesting something.
I have no idea about data2ext, I have never had a need to use it, others here have.

Anyone know if that method works?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey Leslieann, where are the pngs for the lockscreen located (not the slider but the pattern unlock)? Would you happen to know, because I can't seem to find them unless I'm missing something in framework-res... which I could be.

Sent via the Postal Service

classpro

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I use link2sd, and tried doing an update to the new rom. The links got messed up. Decided to do a clean install, re-run link2sd, and now everything works beautifully. Really a great rom.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I use link2sd, and tried doing an update to the new rom. The links got messed up. Decided to do a clean install, re-run link2sd, and now everything works beautifully. Really a great rom.

After each update you have to recreate start up scripts

Sent from space

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm loving H2 so far. My V seems snappier and quicker and I'm no longer getting start up force closures as I did while running Backside (although that could be more due to wiping everything than H2 itself).

There was one "feature" recently introduced into backside that would be nice to see in H2. They had changed the default volume control to MEDIA instead of RINGER. I found myself inadvertently adjusting RINGER volume instead of MEDIA volume until that change was made. Then I would forget the RINGER was turned down and miss phone calls!

It's embarrassing to wake my G/F up in bed at night because my volume was cranked up and the ANGRY BIRDS music started blaring when I load the app! :mad: And there is no good way to adjust the volume down before starting it up.. at least not without going through all the menus.

And how often do you really need to adjust the RINGER volume anyway? It's more of a "set it and forget it" kind of thing. Of course there are times when you need to mute it but you do that through the pull down menu anyway!

So please.. next update if it's not a big deal change the default volume control setting to MEDIA instead of RINGER. If it's a simple matter of changing a file it would be cool to learn how to make this mod as well!

Thanks!

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
If this is such a problem use BACKside. Leslieann likes to keep the extra settings and stuff out of Harmonia in order to keep it as lean as possible. Also, your post seemed rather rantish about such a small problem... calm down dude:p

Sent via the Postal Service

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Hey Leslieann, where are the pngs for the lockscreen located (not the slider but the pattern unlock)? Would you happen to know, because I can't seem to find them unless I'm missing something in framework-res... which I could be.
I'm not sure, if I get a chance I will see if I can find it.
Jerry probably knows off the top of his head.

There was one "feature" recently introduced into backside that would be nice to see in H2. They had changed the default volume control to MEDIA instead of RINGER. I found myself inadvertently adjusting RINGER volume instead of MEDIA volume until that change was made. Then I would forget the RINGER was turned down and miss phone calls!
Unless building from source that sort of thing is a bit of a pain to tweak, and last time I built from source we had problems.

In bed, stop playing with Angry Birds and play with your girlfriend instead. ;)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure, if I get a chance I will see if I can find it.
Jerry probably knows off the top of his head.

Unless building from source that sort of thing is a bit of a pain to tweak, and last time I built from source we had problems.

In bed, stop playing with Angry Birds and play with your girlfriend instead. ;)

Haha tapatalk needs a like button

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2