07-28-2013 08:37 PM
1,570 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    My bad, the market fix i initially downloaded was the wrong one. After searching a ltl I found the one you were referring to. I backed up and re-flashed 2.07 then applied this magical "Market Fix" and Whaalllllaa! Worked like a dream! I am so grateful to you for sharing your knowledge! My phone and I are once again living "HARMONIOUSLY".
    05-13-2012 02:09 PM
    Does anyone know how to get the Google News and Weather app on this ROM? I tried installing it with only failed installs.
    05-13-2012 04:17 PM
    Does anyone know how to get the Google News and Weather app on this ROM? I tried installing it with only failed installs.
    I had to flash a different gapps file to get it to work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-13-2012 04:36 PM
    I had to flash a different gapps file to get it to work.

Could you point me to where I could get this?
    05-13-2012 04:42 PM
    There are better weather apps and better news apps.
    That one resides in memory sucking down battery.
    05-13-2012 05:06 PM
    There are better weather apps and better news apps.
    That one resides in memory sucking down battery.
    Do you know of any good alternatives then?
    05-13-2012 05:07 PM
    Do you know of any good alternatives then?
    For news, I'm using Newspapers USA (pro version). It doesn't sit in memory or steal data, unlike many of them. News widgets are battery vampires.

For weather I use Fancy Widgets and Beautiful Widgets. Fancy Widgets can be gotten for free from GetJar (possibly Beautiful widgets as well), but there are lots of alternatives.
    05-13-2012 05:33 PM
    Has anyone had any luck with getting the google voicesearch feature working again?
    05-13-2012 06:54 PM
    Market Fix.
    Lest you think I have anything to do with the developer of the app, nope. I just recommend it because it works for me over and over when I get the insufficient space errors. Great app. I have no idea what it does.
    "This app is incompatible with your Virgin Mobile LGE LG-VM670."

The above Marketfix app doesn't change this after I experience it, and plenty of apps (Yelp, Poynt, CardioTrainer, others) are showing this error.

OTOH... I decided to restore back to my earlier mrg666 rom and use the Marketfix app to be able to download and install all these apps... no problems with that one now. Although, I really would like this ROM to work as it seems really nice and slim.
    05-13-2012 07:20 PM
    My bad, the market fix i initially downloaded was the wrong one. After searching a ltl I found the one you were referring to. I backed up and re-flashed 2.07 then applied this magical "Market Fix" and Whaalllllaa! Worked like a dream! I am so grateful to you for sharing your knowledge! My phone and I are once again living "HARMONIOUSLY".
    Sweet. Glad that worked for you. Amazing little app.
    05-13-2012 08:38 PM
    Some essential apps are showing in the market as not compatible with my device...thought it could be a know DPI issue, but I checked build.prop and it seems to be reporting the correct resolution. Any ideas on how to get my apps? I love this ROM, would pretty much be perfect if I could get over this little challenge!
    05-13-2012 09:12 PM
    i read on google code today about download errors involving market. it involved a paticular code i kept getting with my download error. so the fix they suggested may only work for that particular issue but also might fix others also. google suggested force stop of google services framework,clear its data,reboot and sync to your gmail account. worked fine for me. here's error screenshot

05-13-2012 09:17 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately it didn't work to take care of the compatibility issue. I may just end up restoring my Backside ROM. Too bad 'cause Harmonia is so much faster.
    05-13-2012 09:27 PM
    Easy solution for the market problem is flashing the latest GApps, it fixed it for me.
    05-13-2012 10:17 PM
    Easy solution for the market problem is flashing the latest GApps, it fixed it for me.
    I'd heard that suggestion. Confused me a bit because I've never flashed gapps and all when pouncing on the latest Harmonia version. Is there an easy place to find the newest Gapps?
    05-13-2012 10:18 PM
    I'd heard that suggestion. Confused me a bit because I've never flashed gapps and all when pouncing on the latest Harmonia version. Is there an easy place to find the newest Gapps?
    You get it here

You want the version 7

To install them is really easy

1. Move to the SD card
    2. Boot into recovery
    3. Flash
    4. Reboot!
    nathanrhale likes this.
    05-13-2012 10:23 PM
    Beautiful. Thanks.
    05-13-2012 10:28 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. Downloaded latest gapps for Cyanogenmod 7 at the link you provided and flashed...but still getting the error with some apps that they aren't compatible with device.
    05-13-2012 10:43 PM
    You get it here

You want the version 7

To install them is really easy

1. Move to the SD card
    2. Boot into recovery
    3. Flash
    4. Reboot!
    why is that gapps install still using the old google market and not the new play store? it works fine until google updates from market to store...then the app errors begin.

05-13-2012 10:46 PM
    FWIW, I compatibility issues are now fixed for me with lastest gapps. I had forgotten to clear the Play Store cache after the new flash...did that, now I'm good to go!
    05-13-2012 10:53 PM
    Can I just reinstall 2.6 over 2.7? I have one app (Audubon Birds) that was working perfectly and now crashes every time I try to open it. And I need it on my phone. TIA - sheureka
    05-13-2012 11:23 PM
    I'm going to rebuild Gapps next update (this week) which will hopefully fix the issue.
    05-13-2012 11:38 PM
    well, I just flashed the latest gapps. The "missing shared library" error is gone. However, in its place is "package file invalid" Doh!
    05-13-2012 11:44 PM
    Dagnabbit, that Gapps fix went the other way for me. Couldn't download anything at all from the market. Never got an update to the Play Store, either. Me, I'm gonna use a Nandroid backup to restore Harmonia 2.06 and grab LeslieAnn's update later in the week. Good to have options, eh?
    05-14-2012 12:28 AM
    At the end of Day 2 on this charge after having some time to play with it and set it up and I still have 40% battery life left on my OV 2.2.1 rooted with Harmonia 2.07 running extreme powersave when locked and normal (well sort of lol) everything else when running.. I'm running more stuff on it now than when it was tweaked stock unrooted so AWESOME!! I set my handset up with everything turned off except my 3G and airplane mode is turned OFF so I can have service normally..

Harmonia 2.07 runs very stable overclocked to 484 - 768 MHz on my handset never went any higher than that as I don't need it.. Man it runs so smooth and feels like it wants to go faster and even under clocked it runs better but not faster than the stock ROM it came with.. Harmonia 2.07 is just beautiful over the stock Froyo ROM my Optimus V came with and a real joy to use now.. Have had no issues other than the known stuff but I have not tried any those things yet on .07 so idk..
    This ROM makes my OV good to go in GB Vanilla.. Sweet..
    05-14-2012 12:35 AM
1,570 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD