07-28-2013 07:37 PM
1,570 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    Noobie questions:
    So far I have only flashed 1 ROM - Harmonia 2.06 after the original root of my phone. I want to upgrade to 2.08. The instructions on how to do this seem pretty straightforward. What I want to know is what to expect after I have updated:
    1) will I have to restore all my apps and data again?
    2) Will I have to relink everything from Link2SD?
    3) Will I have the new zv9 radio update?

Thanks for your patience!
    Regarding Link2SD... I've found that at least for me, Mybackup Pro doesn't directly restore apps to the sd-ext partition.

What I've had to do is after first performing a nandroid backup:
    1. boot back to Android
    2. looking through Link2SD, list all the linked apps that are on the sd-ext partition
    3. move all the sd-ext apps to sdcard
    4. perform Mybackup backup run in DATA+APKs mode
    5. boot back to recovery to go through with flashing a ROM
    6. back to Android...
    7. log in gmail account
    8. restore wifi connection, load Link2SD and Mybackup Pro from Google Play
    9. recreate mount script from Link2SD, then reboot
    10. restore APK's and DATA from Mybackup Pro
    11. Move apps listed back to sd-ext
    12. reboot just to be sure everything comes up as it should

This takes about an hour or so for me to do. Restoring the apps properly takes up more time than backing them up. If someone has a better backup app for restoring sd-ext apps, I'd love to try whatever that is.
    dbacon84 likes this.
    05-24-2012 01:46 AM
    I'm having the same issue (invalid package file). I haven't been able to install or update anything from market since installing 2.08. I'm going to give it a couple days in case it's a Google server issue.
    I would try reflashing. I'm on 2.08 and market works perfect

Tapatalkin' from my Harmonious HoneyCombSandwich
    05-24-2012 04:10 AM
    Im sorry if this runs off topic a little bit, but im creating my own Harmonia boot animation (its very shiny, ill post screenshots if interested) but I was curious, the program I use to render pictures with special effects saves them as .png. Do I have to convert them to .jpg to make the animation work?

Thanks in advance

05-24-2012 03:12 PM
    Very off topic, and they use png's for the animation.
    randomosity117 likes this.
    05-24-2012 03:46 PM
    Okay, so I was wrong about DSP causing the Skype Speakerphone issue. Is there any other insight as to why the speakerphone won't work in CM7? I have googled up and down, tried custom Skype builds, and I don't know what to think else of.

Any insight Leslieann?
    05-24-2012 05:05 PM
    I'm betting it's a Skype bug.
    05-24-2012 05:08 PM
    It switches fine for me.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-24-2012 05:19 PM
    You could try uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, and rebooting again. That worked for me for voxer PTT walkie talkie

05-24-2012 09:14 PM
    Here's some shots of the boot animation I made I figured a flashy ROM deserved a flashy (yet still simple) boot animation. As you can guess the flare goes left to right repeatedly and switches from "android" to "harmonia"

Garymeister likes this.
    05-24-2012 09:17 PM
    Here's some shots of the boot animation I made I figured a flashy ROM deserved a flashy (yet still simple) boot animation. As you can guess the flare goes left to right repeatedly and switches from "android" to "harmonia"

Those. Look. Nice.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    randomosity117 likes this.
    05-24-2012 09:38 PM
    I wanna give this a trh but am I go name have all the cm7 stuff?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-24-2012 10:05 PM
    I wanna give this a trh but am I go name have all the cm7 stuff?

Yes, this is a CM7 type of ROM. LeslieAnn stripped it of anything that can be downloaded from Google Play. Some CM7 stuff has been removed (like stats and the updater), but it runs just like any other CM7 ROM. I'm sure she threw in some performance tweaks as well, as this is the smoothest of the CM7 ROMs I've tried for the V. Games and video run well for me on this ROM.
    05-24-2012 10:30 PM
    Yes, this is a CM7 type of ROM. LeslieAnn stripped it of anything that can be downloaded from Google Play. Some CM7 stuff has been removed (like stats and the updater), but it runs just like any other CM7 ROM. I'm sure she threw in some performance tweaks as well, as this is the smoothest of the CM7 ROMs I've tried for the V. Games and video run well for me on this ROM.
    Thanks bro. Ima give it a shot. So ill still have like volume music control, status bar brightness etc?

05-24-2012 10:44 PM
    Yes.
    05-24-2012 10:58 PM
    So I jumped in and updated to 2.08 and to my very pleasant surprise when I booted back up all my apps were there mostly as I had left them. I used LeslieAnn's instructions and wipe zips for updating from one version of a ROM to the next and it worked great! The only apps I had to install from backup were those I messed up when moving them around w/ Link2SD.

2 questions:
    1) the icons in my status bar change size and font occasionally. Is there a fix for this?
    2) It looks like the radio is NOT updated to zv9 in this ROM. Is there a way to get this update in Harmonia?

Thanks LeslieAnn for a simple yet elegant ROM.
    05-25-2012 12:07 AM
    1) Not that I know of (It happens on mine as well). Leslie might know something I don't, though

2) The radio is completely seperate from the ROM. If you want the new radio, you need to flash the entire VM security update, reroot, and then flash back to Harmonia. Remember that if you flash the new radio it's impossible to go back to the old one, so if you're getting decent signal already you might not want to take the risk. But it's your choice
    dbacon84 likes this.
    05-25-2012 12:14 AM
    Sorry I'm new to harmonia but is there a way I can set it up so that the power button can end my call?

05-25-2012 02:44 AM
    Sorry I'm new to harmonia but is there a way I can set it up so that the power button can end my call?

Yes there are rooted programs that can do that called remappers and come in many flavors GL..

Just flashed H208 and man is it clean LeslieAnn.. Nice job and I still get to have the bottom notifications bar from the Bobz rom.. LUVZ that mrg666 kernel myself.. Bobz was starting to wear on me good to be home.. Where is your donate button sweety??
    05-25-2012 02:56 AM
    Where is your donate button sweety??
    You have to search for it.
    Dave Begue likes this.
    05-25-2012 04:45 AM
    First time that I install this ROM. Great application however when I go to google play all the applications that I already bought are now showing prices instead of just saying purchased as with the other ROMs I used. Previously I have installed Mirage, ICS Kraven, and backside. Do you know why is doing this? Like the ROM.
    05-25-2012 10:27 AM
    You have to search for it.
    Lol no.. I found the forum isn't that enough?? I looked a week ago and couldn't find it does that count?? What's observation mean?? lmao.. But seriously I did look again.. You must hate $$ or I'm really blind.. Oh ya.. I am blind. I see the new Evo link in the sig!! can't wait!! So I can see Safe bet better placement is needed cuz most are slower than me imo.. LMAO I'm sure you will disagree..
    05-25-2012 10:58 AM
    First time that I install this ROM. Great application however when I go to google play all the applications that I already bought are now showing prices instead of just saying purchased as with the other ROMs I used. Previously I have installed Mirage, ICS Kraven, and backside. Do you know why is doing this? Like the ROM.
    I had the same issue when I first flashed the new version. I logged into my pIay account on my laptop and was just going to send the purchased apps to my phone that way, but as soon as I logged in on my laptop, my phone suddenly recognized the apps as already being purchased. Don't know y it happens, but as I stated, you can always send them to your phone when logged into your account elsewhere if need be.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-25-2012 11:12 AM
    I would re-install your recovery.
    Worked perfectly! Thanks so much!!
    05-25-2012 11:34 AM
    SOunds like a cookie problem to me but my horoscope says I'm giving bad advice today and with that I'll stay mum till tomorrow
    05-25-2012 11:34 AM
    I had the same issue when I first flashed the new version. I logged into my pIay account on my laptop and was just going to send the purchased apps to my phone that way, but as soon as I logged in on my laptop, my phone suddenly recognized the apps as already being purchased. Don't know y it happens, but as I stated, you can always send them to your phone when logged into your account elsewhere if need be.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    That worked perfectly, just logged to my account on the computer and now it is fixed on the phone, thanks a lot. It should be in the first page just so anyone has the same issue.
    05-25-2012 11:50 AM
1,570 ... 4445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD