1,570 ... 4647484950 ...
tools
    Can anyone help me with my contacts? D:
    Did you sync them yet??
    05-28-2012 01:52 PM
    Half/ dirty flashes?
    05-28-2012 01:56 PM
    Did you sync them yet??
    Yes, I tried syncing them, but nothing happens.
    05-28-2012 01:56 PM
    Half/ dirty flashes?
    Oh you will need the cooks on that srry idk.. Mine was good.. Just keep flashing till it goes is what I keep hearing but wait on LeslieAnn or someone that has the easy known fix if it exists GL.. You must clear the caches again before reflashing and It was not easy getting mine up this time so wait is my advice..

I'm more the Kill it and start over type and it's worked out so far..
    epicb0dyc0unt likes this.
    05-28-2012 02:02 PM
    @encerspay45

Okay here's my diagnosis:
    If you are having issues such as syncing you probably had a bad flash. Your best bet is to reboot into recovery and do a triple wipe.
    Wipe the following three times before flashing:
    Wipe data/ factory reset
    Wipe cache
    (under mounts and storage)
    Format boot
    data
    Cache
    System
    (under advanced wipe dalvik)

BE CAREFUL NOT TO WIPE YOUR SDCARD

If you are scared that you may accidentally wipe your sdcard, Before you do any of this just simply back the contents of your sdcard onto your pc.

After you do that triple wipe, Flash the harmonia file then reboot. All should be well then.
    05-28-2012 02:15 PM
    You must clear the caches again before reflashing and It was not easy getting mine up this time so wait is my advice..
    What do you mean by "clear all the caches"? I just reflashed, but then the home and search key button didn't work, so I didn't even try to sync the contacts. I'm already set up for a 3rd flash attempt.
    05-28-2012 02:18 PM
    What do you mean by "clear all the caches"? I just reflashed, but then the home and search key button didn't work, so I didn't even try to sync the contacts. I'm already set up for a 3rd flash attempt.
    Please use my method above that I put up for you. I HIGHLY suggest it.
    05-28-2012 02:22 PM
    Please use my method above that I put up for you. I HIGHLY suggest it.
    Okay, so, Triple-Wipe has always been my strategy for flashing Custom ROMS, so I'm highly familiar with it.
    The 1st Flash all was well except contacts.
    2nd Home/Search keys were broken.
    3rd time's the charm? I hope.
    epicb0dyc0unt likes this.
    05-28-2012 02:22 PM
    I had the same problem with contact sync issues. Reboot did the trick

Tapatalkin' from my Harmonious HoneyCombSandwich
    05-28-2012 02:26 PM
    Okay, so, 3rd Flash, Home and Search keys still broken!! D:
    However, my contacts are all there. Should I just flash again, or should I be concerned about the same problem occurring during 2 consecutive flashes? I'm a bit of a worry wart...
    05-28-2012 02:32 PM
    However, my contacts are all there. Should I just flash again, or should I be concerned about the same problem occurring during 2 consecutive flashes? I'm a bit of a worry wart...

LeslieAnn has the full fix I bet just wait and flash again later if she is a no show.. Was this a new ROM install?? Also did you check the zip was not corrupted?? Is it still doing it after another reboot?? I needed to reboot several times for it to behave properly..
    05-28-2012 02:46 PM
    Let me guess, newer phone?
    All you can do is keep trying, it's the junk memory LG put into your phone giving you trouble.

After you do that triple wipe, Flash the harmonia file then reboot. All should be well then.
    Use my wipers, they do it for you.
    05-28-2012 03:31 PM
    Let me guess, newer phone?
    All you can do is keep trying, it's the junk memory LG put into your phone giving you trouble.
    Yup, you guessed right, lol.
    A few reboots did the trick. Thanks!!
    05-28-2012 03:39 PM
    If your having the home and search key broken thing just reboot the phone like normal. I've had it happen twice and both times a regular reboot fixed it

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    05-28-2012 04:10 PM
    Thanks guys... those issues are cleared up now!
    But now I'm trying to download an app (Angry Birds Rio) which is about 22 megs.
    I have 130 megs free, and the Play Store isn't allowing me to download it because of insufficient space!
    Now this is something I've failed to fix with reboots.
    Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!
    05-28-2012 04:24 PM
    Thanks guys... those issues are cleared up now!
    But now I'm trying to download an app (Angry Birds Rio) which is about 22 megs.
    I have 130 megs free, and the Play Store isn't allowing me to download it because of insufficient space!
    Now this is something I've failed to fix with reboots.
    Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record: MarketFix.
    05-28-2012 04:28 PM
    You can use that because it's easier but I prefer the following script in terminal because I prefer knowing whats going on in my phone rather than having an app do it because they occasionally have bugs and I'd rather be the one to mess up my phone than an app: (sorry is that sounds rude, it's not supposed to)
    su
    # cd /cache
    # mv download download.old
    # mkdir -p /sdcard/cache/download
    # ln -s /sdcard/cache/download download
    And reboot if you want to.
    ALL CREDIT GOES TO CAPELI FOR THIS SCRIPT
    05-28-2012 04:58 PM
    Added the flash issue and market issues to a common problems section next to the download link.
    05-28-2012 05:06 PM
    Worked like a charm! Angry Birds Rio installed perfectly. But two other apps, Angry Birds (original) and Air Penguin don't install because the "package is invalid". All other apps I've tried work fine, though.
    05-28-2012 05:14 PM
    Worked like a charm! Angry Birds Rio installed perfectly. But two other apps, Angry Birds (original) and Air Penguin don't install because the "package is invalid". All other apps I've tried work fine, though.
    I'll bet you already installed the Air Penguin update. That's what happens to me. If I already have it, I get the invalid error. Don't know why the market fails to recognize some apps that have been updated already. Glad it worked for you.
    05-28-2012 05:29 PM
    You can use that because it's easier but I prefer the following script in terminal because I prefer knowing whats going on in my phone rather than having an app do it because they occasionally have bugs and I'd rather be the one to mess up my phone than an app: (sorry is that sounds rude, it's not supposed to)
    su
    # cd /cache
    # mv download download.old
    # mkdir -p /sdcard/cache/download
    # ln -s /sdcard/cache/download download
    And reboot if you want to.
    ALL CREDIT GOES TO CAPELI FOR THIS SCRIPT
    Hey, cool. I didn't know there was a script for this problem. I don't use Terminal nearly enough. I'll try that the next time I have that problem.
    05-28-2012 05:30 PM
    Hey, cool. I didn't know there was a script for this problem. I don't use Terminal nearly enough. I'll try that the next time I have that problem.
    It's worked every time i use. Glad you find it useful
    05-28-2012 05:41 PM
    I've tried Leslie's tips in the OP, the MarketFix app and the script.... nothing seems to be able to fix this issue I'm having with Angry Birds and Air Penguin. I think I'm just going to flash one more time. Sigh.
    The ROM really is a cool one, though. It's extremely stable and works really well!
    This Market Issue is the only thing about this ROM that makes me sad.
    05-28-2012 05:42 PM
    I've tried Leslie's tips in the OP, the MarketFix app and the script.... nothing seems to be able to fix this issue I'm having with Angry Birds and Air Penguin. I think I'm just going to flash one more time. Sigh.
    The ROM really is a cool one, though. It's extremely stable and works really well!
    This Market Issue is the only thing about this ROM that makes me sad.
    The only fix I've found that works for the package file invalid error is by partitioning your sdcard....

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    05-28-2012 05:49 PM
    Oh and LeslieAnn, you said in the OP that you didn't know how ro move the cache to the sd card, I believe that's what the script I posted does. (not exactly sure) Sorry for the clutter

05-28-2012 05:51 PM
1,570 ... 4647484950 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD