07-28-2013 07:37 PM
1,570 ... 4849505152 ...
tools
    I would like to try this but I never "messed around" with the sd card before, just used it as stock. Can you please provide more info on how to do this? I would imagine once you create the partition you would have to somehow link or move files to it in order for it to be effective(?), but I don't want to screw anything up. Thanks in advance!
    Some ROMs will pick up on the partition as internal memory and start putting the apps you download in there. You can also Google the data2ext mod.

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    chadilac462 likes this.
    05-29-2012 08:18 PM
    Yikes. So, I kept getting the "invalid package" errors every time I tried to install an update for Titanium Backup. I figured I could uninstall the program and then reinstall it fresh and that problem, at least, would be behind me. Bad idea. Trying to reinstall Titanium, I get the invalid error and can't do it. Probably should have foreseen that. So, I cleared cache and dalvik and cleared out the Play Store. No go. I tried Ryuk's script and it failed after the third line. No such file directory. Hairy stuff because without Titanium, I have no backup as I tinker. Although, there's the 2.07 nandroid just waiting to make these problems go away.

EDIT: Fixed the "invalid package" problem and was able to reinstall Titanium by reinstalling the Google Play Store. Just downloaded the apk and installed it over the existing copy. Titanium installed and so did the other updates that had been hung up with the invalid package error. Seems to me that this proves that it's an issue with the market, not with the ROM. Worth a shot if anyone's still seeing that problem. I DID have to use the Fix Permissions app because Titanium kept force closing. That worked like magic, though, and now everything is cop... copas... Everything is working great.
    05-30-2012 01:05 AM
    Yikes. So, I kept getting the "invalid package" errors every time I tried to install an update for Titanium Backup. I figured I could uninstall the program and then reinstall it fresh and that problem, at least, would be behind me. Bad idea. Trying to reinstall Titanium, I get the invalid error and can't do it. Probably should have foreseen that. So, I cleared cache and dalvik and cleared out the Play Store. No go. I tried Ryuk's script and it failed after the third line. No such file directory. Hairy stuff because without Titanium, I have no backup as I tinker. Although, there's the 2.07 nandroid just waiting to make these problems go away.

EDIT: Fixed the "invalid package" problem and was able to reinstall Titanium by reinstalling the Google Play Store. Just downloaded the apk and installed it over the existing copy. Titanium installed and so did the other updates that had been hung up with the invalid package error. Seems to me that this proves that it's an issue with the market, not with the ROM. Worth a shot if anyone's still seeing that problem. I DID have to use the Fix Permissions app because Titanium kept force closing. That worked like magic, though, and now everything is cop... copas... Everything is working great.
    Yeah I had to do the fix permissions too.. Same problem with titanium.. She's purring like a happy Cat now..
    05-30-2012 09:15 AM
    Same problem with titanium..
    anyone else sense a recurring theme?
    05-30-2012 09:51 AM
    I swear, it's the craziest thing. I can't wait for a fix honestly, because Harmonia is probably the most amazing ROM I've ever tried out. It's like BACKside but with a lot less (unnecessary) apps for more storage! Plus, it's stable, and the ICS theme is beast. This little issue is my only complaint.
    Love it.
    05-30-2012 10:11 AM
    I recently switched to Harmonia from IHO. Mainly, I like having cyan colored icons instead of green. I don't miss the complexity of ADW. Also, the new boot animation on IHO is kind of a turn off with the mooning robot. Who knows, Jerry might come back from his vacation some day. Both roms work well. It is nice to have a choice.

Photography at: Ron Scubadiver's Photo Houston
    05-30-2012 10:27 AM
    I just want to say that I don't have the package error, I have a "purchase error". When trying to download a app from the play store, it says that there was a problem processing the purchase, or something like that.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-30-2012 11:59 AM
    Go into settings-manage apps, select all apps and scroll down to Google services framework. Clear the cache and data, then reboot. Found this solution on xda after a Google search. Seems to be an issue with the play store and not ROM related as it is affecting a number of different devices.
    dwappo, Ryuk6666 and dbacon84 like this.
    05-30-2012 12:17 PM
    Go into settings-manage apps, select all apps and scroll down to Google services framework. Clear the cache and data, then reboot. Found this solution on xda after a Google search. Seems to be an issue with the play store and not ROM related as it is affecting a number of different devices.
    Thank you for this ^^.

05-30-2012 01:19 PM
    So been playing with this rom and this is where I'm at right now. This ROM is Awesome.. And is very full of options for customization..
    Attachment 26841
    05-31-2012 10:27 PM
    So been playing with this rom and this is where I'm at right now. This ROM is Awesome.. And is very full of options for customization..
    Attachment 26841
    How did you change the carrier label? I forgot... Lol

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    05-31-2012 11:31 PM
    How did you change the carrier label? I forgot... Lol

Cyangenmod in settings / interface /Status bar tweaks / Custom Carrier label.. Enjoy..
    05-31-2012 11:54 PM
    Yep!!

I've noticed that Titanium does not deal well with scripts that move Cache around, and it really does not like the ad2sdx script that my rom users for the sd-ext partition. I've never really cared for the app, and the develops of MyBackup Root gave me permission to us there app as a system app.
    06-01-2012 12:12 AM
    Ok so here is the $64,000 question then.. Is there a backup app that doesn't "F" up with this ROM or others?? Paid or other wise cuz I don't need that again..
    06-01-2012 12:25 AM
    Ok so here is the $64,000 question then.. Is there a backup app that doesn't "F" up with this ROM or others?? Paid or other wise cuz I don't need that again..
    Titanium backup has always been good to me.

06-01-2012 12:39 AM
    Titanium backup has always been good to me.

Yeah 1st time I had any issues but play wasn't around then??
    06-01-2012 12:46 AM
    I love MyBackup.
    Pro and root both work well especially if you restore in two stages (apps then app data).

I gave up Titanium while back after I thought i was backing up an alarm clock and was getting corrupted system settings instead.

The only problem I have had with Mybackup was a bad backup (due to the rom I think) and it doesn't do quite as much, but it does exactly what I want and need, and in plain english. Which was the issue with Titanium. Sometimes I had no idea what I was backing up or restoring.
    _Severability_ likes this.
    06-01-2012 01:02 AM
    I use MyBackup Root, it is simple and only backups what you really need and it free and add free. Plus mms, sms, and call log.
    06-01-2012 01:14 AM
    MyBackup Root doesn't have the freeze capability, does it? Seems like I was going to give it a try at one point but would have missed that option.
    06-01-2012 01:23 AM
    MyBackup Root doesn't have the freeze capability, does it? Seems like I was going to give it a try at one point but would have missed that option.
    With custom ROMS you do not need to freeze anything, and really that capability is what gets a lot of noobs in terrible. IMHO freezing apps is pointless.
    06-01-2012 01:35 AM
    With custom ROMS you do not need to freeze anything, and really that capability is what gets a lot of noobs in terrible. IMHO freezing apps is pointless.
    I like the freezing option. True, there's not a lot of bloatware in most custom roms but I still find plenty of uses for it. I have apps I don't need all the time and when I'm not apt to use them, I'll freeze them so they're not running in the background. You're not going to run into much trouble that way. One click to freeze, one click to defrost. Beats uninstalling and re-installing time and again. It's a good option to have. And as it turns out, MyBackup Pro has it.
    06-01-2012 01:42 AM
    App Quarantine is free and can freeze or defrost apps.
    06-01-2012 06:54 AM
    If an app is behaving so bad that you need to freeze it, maybe you should look at alternatives to it.
    Garymeister likes this.
    06-01-2012 02:47 PM
    Harmonia is great. I recently updated to 2.08, had the same issues as so many others with the "invalid package" nonsense, but I managed to work my way though it. However, today I noticed that I was unable to re-install either Endomondo nor My Tracks; the app store says that my device is incompatible. I had them installed on my last Harmonia install; any ideas as to what would make them "incompatible" now? Any suggestions would be great.
    06-01-2012 10:43 PM
    Harmonia is great. I recently updated to 2.08, had the same issues as so many others with the "invalid package" nonsense, but I managed to work my way though it. However, today I noticed that I was unable to re-install either Endomondo nor My Tracks; the app store says that my device is incompatible. I had them installed on my last Harmonia install; any ideas as to what would make them "incompatible" now? Any suggestions would be great.
    Can't remember if Market Fix works on that one. Definitely worth a shot.
    computergeek75 likes this.
    06-01-2012 10:48 PM
1,570 ... 4849505152 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD