07-28-2013 07:37 PM
1,570 ... 5051525354 ...
tools
    maybe if you rename them back ?
    06-07-2012 02:15 AM
    maybe if you rename them back ?
    I was thinking of that. Only, my chances of renaming it perfectly are pretty slim. I had renamed them with the pertinent info: Harmonia2.8 and the date, I think. Probably could be done if I was really careful to match the naming convention. Thanks for the suggestion. Right now I'm kind of restoring things and preparing to re-flash 2.08. Tedious.
    06-07-2012 02:20 AM
    Yeah, my phone is pretty well borked. No sign of Titanium and it's the old "package file invalid" error when I try to restore it. Nasty situation. If anyone knows of a way I can use that Nandroid backup, in spite of the renaming, I'd love to hear it.

* Problem sort of solved. Re-flashed Harmonia 2.07 and no more package file errors. I can reload apps now, anyway. Long night. Lesson for me? Don't rename Nandroid backup files. Wow. The pain and suffering that caused.
    06-07-2012 03:20 AM
    Well, here's a new one. Ran into trouble tonight trying to run "fix permissions" through recovery. It just froze. Ended up doing a battery pull and rebooting. Of course, when it got booted up, the phone was inoperable so I tried another fix permission and reboot. Same deal. So, last resort -- restoring from Nandroid backup. I have three such backups and attempts to restore then give me the message "MD5 mismatch! Which is just alarming as hell because I thought the Nandroid was always a way out of a mess. So, I'm sitting here trying to think of what to do next, and when I look at my phone, it's going through the restore process. It DID restore to Harmonia 2.03, from way back in March, I think. Just crazy. I guess my question is: is there any way to make those other Nandroid backups work, in spite of the MD mismatch message? Always new and interesting way of borking things over here.

*I HAD renamed the Nandroid backups, which I didn't realize was a no-no.

I understand that running "fix permissions" in recovery is also a no-no! get a terminal emulator from the play store then type fix_permissions.
    06-07-2012 12:57 PM
    I wondered about that. I do have Terminal and could have gone that route, instead. The script is very small. I'll definitely use it next time.

As an aside, there's a function in Titanium Backup that's proven to be really effective. Market Update Helper, found in the market tools menu. Seems to clear up a lot of problems between your apps and the market. I was having trouble updating a few apps -- various errors, including the dreaded package file -- but after I ran that little function, all the updates went through. Still thinking about giving MyBackup a try.
    06-07-2012 01:09 PM
    I finally Downloaded this rom and flash it for the first Time! Its amazing!!!! The best rom I've flashed by far!

Sent from my LG-VM670
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    06-07-2012 03:17 PM
    I honestly think this ROM is perfect as is, its been my daily since ever, I am happy. Thanks for all your work over the past few months! Any update past this is just pure goodies I would assume. (:
    LeslieAnn and topdawg661 like this.
    06-08-2012 08:20 PM
    Thanks again, been running 2.08 for three weeks now, very solid rom. Recently tried to install "cartoon wars 2" and I got an error of insufficient space. Although it is a very large game file I did have enough room for it, so i tried "marketfix" that fixed the original insufficient space error and surprisingly the only missing market app podkicker is now available again.
    LeslieAnn and diecastdonkey like this.
    06-09-2012 11:44 AM
    I'm gonna flash on my s for the heck of it. It sounds like a good rom

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    06-16-2012 08:24 AM
    OMG I GOT IT WORKING! Runs like a dream gotta switch kernels for buttons but awesome! Just found my new daily rom!!!! I'm on the optimus s gotta change my signature lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-16-2012 08:58 AM
    Anyway I can make it have the menu and home switched to the optimus s button layout?

06-16-2012 09:11 AM
    Did market fix now it says package file invalid? What do I do

Harmonia
    806 MHz
    some kernel
    amphetimines
    06-16-2012 10:38 AM
    Did market fix now it says package file invalid? What do I do

Harmonia
    806 MHz
    some kernel
    amphetimines
    You can fix it by undoing the script in IHO that moves dalvik cache from the data to the cache partition. You'll lose some internal storage but if you keep everything moved to the sdcard it should not be an issue:

Market/Play Invalid Package and/or Insufficient Space fix CM7
    06-16-2012 11:02 AM
    You can fix it by undoing the script in iho that moves Facebook cache to the cage partition. You'll lose some internal storage but if you keep everything moved to the sdcard it should not be an issue.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=179865

Market/Play Invalid Package and/or Insufficient Space fix CM7

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanks

Harmonia
    806 MHz
    some kernel
    amphetimines
    06-16-2012 11:16 AM
    Anyway I can make it have the menu and home switched to the optimus s button layout?
    If you take the system/usr/keylayout/thunder_keypad.kl from an OS GB rom and replace it in the Harmonia zip file before you flash, that will fix the button layout. Otherwise there is a button remap tool in the Play store.

I would think there is a similar rom for the OS though.
    06-16-2012 03:56 PM
    If you take the system/usr/keylayout/thunder_keypad.kl from an OS GB rom and replace it in the Harmonia zip file before you flash, that will fix the button layout. Otherwise there is a button remap tool in the Play store.

I would think there is a similar rom for the OS though.
    I LOVE this one THOUGH

Sent from futuristic optimus s
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    06-16-2012 08:16 PM
    Anybody else experiencing White Bar Syndrome? Every time I leave the house, the wifi and data bars go white. No connection, even though bars are showing. Reading up, it sounds like it's a matter of being connected to Google's servers or not being connected. Blue is good, white is not. I don't think it's a ROM issue, but since it came on all of a sudden, figured I'd check to see if it's commonplace.
    06-18-2012 04:58 PM
    VM has been having some issues lately, probably the new servers and possibly load from the Evo V. Most likely the new server though.
    06-18-2012 05:51 PM
    VM has been having some issues lately, probably the new servers and possibly load from the Evo V. Most likely the new server though.
    Makes perfect sense. Thanks for that. I'll just wait it out. Sometimes toggling airplane mode on and then off fixes it up.
    06-18-2012 06:36 PM
    Just had to say I appreciate this very much. I was so losing patience with seeing "low on space" after OTA updates and having to dig into my apps to see what I could do without. I was considering springing for the EVO V, so you likely saved me $300 or at least delayed it. This is the first rom I've tried for my Optimus V and it is just what I wanted, "No Bloatware". I replaced my Sprint HTC Touch with this LG. Yeah, I held on to it far too long. I tried several different roms from xda on my Touch, both Windows and Android but couldn't get what I wanted. I think this may be it.
    jru and LeslieAnn like this.
    06-24-2012 06:46 PM
    Still having reboots and freezes when I use the navigate (google maps) program. Anyone else experiencing this? I tried reinstalling maps, but nothing changed.
    06-28-2012 01:04 PM
    Still having reboots and freezes when I use the navigate (google maps) program. Anyone else experiencing this? I tried reinstalling maps, but nothing changed.
    Sometimes Fix Permissions will help with that. Easy enough to try, anyway. I find Google Maps troublesome in all sorts of ways.
    06-28-2012 01:09 PM
    Is this a final now that you're working on the Ego V?

06-28-2012 02:01 PM
    Is this a final now that you're working on the Ego V?

Last time I heard LA was still going to give updates

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-28-2012 02:03 PM
    Just been busy and this rom works well for the most part.

I try to tackle the rom that needs the most. I will come back to this soon, it's certainly not dead.
    06-28-2012 04:38 PM
1,570 ... 5051525354 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD