07-28-2013 07:37 PM
1,570 ... 5152535455 ...
tools
    I'd swear we've discussed partitioning the SD card in here at some point, but damned if I can find it. I know a lot of people go that route to fix the "package file invalid" error and thought I might give it a shot. Opinions on how to go about it range from doing it through recovery or taking the longer route through Minitool. If anybody has thoughts on partitioning, I'd love to hear them. I've been using Harmonia 2.07 and I never see the package file error message in this version. I'll probably want to go to 2.08 (or 2.09, depending on the timing) so I should probably get this worked out.
    07-01-2012 12:05 AM
    I'd swear we've discussed partitioning the SD card in here at some point, but damned if I can find it. I know a lot of people go that route to fix the "package file invalid" error and thought I might give it a shot. Opinions on how to go about it range from doing it through recovery or taking the longer route through Minitool. If anybody has thoughts on partitioning, I'd love to hear them. I've been using Harmonia 2.07 and I never see the package file error message in this version. I'll probably want to go to 2.08 (or 2.09, depending on the timing) so I should probably get this worked out.
    I'm currently having problems with the "package file invalid" error in the Play Store. I am already a Link2SD user but I still get issues when I try updating Maps or Google+. Can anyone give me some help with this? I'm on 2.08 by the way.
    07-01-2012 06:31 PM
    I'm currently having problems with the "package file invalid" error in the Play Store. I am already a Link2SD user but I still get issues when I try updating Maps or Google+. Can anyone give me some help with this? I'm on 2.08 by the way.
    I've been working on that problem for two days. What finally worked for me was going into the dalvik cache and clearing out all items that pertained to maps (which was my problem app) and then temporarily uninstalling the biggest (two or three) apps stored internally. I did that and maps finally installed. Then I brought back the apps I had uninstalled and there were no more problems. Definitely not an elegant solution, but it got the job done.
    07-01-2012 06:41 PM
    I've been working on that problem for two days. What finally worked for me was going into the dalvik cache and clearing out all items that pertained to maps (which was my problem app) and then temporarily uninstalling the biggest (two or three) apps stored internally. I did that and maps finally installed. Then I brought back the apps I had uninstalled and there were no more problems. Definitely not an elegant solution, but it got the job done.
    Wow so even if I have 20+ MB of internal storage it can still cause problems?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-01-2012 09:35 PM
    Wow so even if I have 20+ MB of internal storage it can still cause problems?
    Apparently. I have something like 96 MB of free space and still get that error. I did nothing at all last night but read up on the various explanation of what the "package file invalid" error means. One explanation suggested that it has more to do with cache space than invalid files. I definitely don't know the specifics. All I know is that by temporarily uninstalling a couple of the bigger apps stored internally fooled the system into letting me install maps. After that, the uninstalled programs were restored without issue. Makes not sense, but it worked.
    07-01-2012 09:52 PM
    So do you think we would have to do this every time we update our "problem apps"?

07-01-2012 10:08 PM
    No idea. Maps was my only problem. I needed to get that installed because so many others rely on it. It was (sorta) worth all the trouble. Now that maps is on there, I probably don't have to worry about the package file invalid message anymore. That said, I'm looking to partition because it's said to help with that problem.
    07-01-2012 10:42 PM
    No idea. Maps was my only problem. I needed to get that installed because so many others rely on it. It was (sorta) worth all the trouble. Now that maps is on there, I probably don't have to worry about the package file invalid message anymore. That said, I'm looking to partition because it's said to help with that problem.
    This is crazy stuff but I want to thank you for your help. So from what I understand, you're currently using apps2sd rather than link2sd?
    07-01-2012 11:27 PM
    This is crazy stuff but I want to thank you for your help. So from what I understand, you're currently using apps2sd rather than link2sd?
    I'm not using either of those at the moment. After I partition, I'll likely use apps2sd. Right now, if I want to move an app to the SD card, I use Titanium Backup.
    07-01-2012 11:41 PM
    I used the EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition (it's free). It allowed me to create and format the new partition with my data still on the card (I still backed it up first, just in case). I'm still on Harmonia 2.06 and I have never experienced a "package file invalid" error. My elixir widget show I have 142MB storage still available on the phone.
    07-02-2012 07:06 AM
    I used the EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition (it's free). It allowed me to create and format the new partition with my data still on the card (I still backed it up first, just in case). I'm still on Harmonia 2.06 and I have never experienced a "package file invalid" error. My elixir widget show I have 142MB storage still available on the phone.
    Beautiful. Thanks for that. I don't get the error with Harmonia 2.07, either. With other ROMS, though, it's prevalent. I'll give Easeus a try.
    07-02-2012 11:05 AM
    I may have found another solution. When I was "examining" my SD card, I noticed in /mnt/sdcard/cache/download there was a file called downloadfile.apk. It had the Maps icon. I installed it and Maps is now at the latest version.

07-02-2012 12:04 PM
    I'm glad this rom is still alive!
    inceyet likes this.
    07-05-2012 11:02 PM
    I strayed to another ROM over the weekend. Lasted two days. Back with Harmonia.
    topdawg661 likes this.
    07-05-2012 11:36 PM
    Sad to say I've been though every active rom at least twice. But this is my most common rom to go back too(:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    inceyet likes this.
    07-06-2012 12:24 AM
    Love this Rom of all I've tried so far. Thank you for the time you put into developing and supporting it. In stock I was able to use my plantronics 360 Bluetooth headset but now it won't see it for setup. Does 2.08 have the radio fixes in it or is that still a step I have to perform?

07-06-2012 03:15 PM
    Love this Rom of all I've tried so far. Thank you for the time you put into developing and supporting it. In stock I was able to use my plantronics 360 Bluetooth headset but now it won't see it for setup. Does 2.08 have the radio fixes in it or is that still a step I have to perform?

Radio fixes?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-06-2012 03:50 PM
    Thought I had read a post from Leslie mentioning a fix to the radios @ 2.07

07-06-2012 04:18 PM
    Here's the deal with the "invalid package" error. It means your dalvik-cache is full.

Think of the dalvik-cache as being the passenger manifest on a plane. You'd think that a plane with 200 seats would have 200 lines on the manifest to record the passengers' names but that isn't the case. The way things are set up our manifest has only 150 lines so once that is filled up no more passengers are allowed onboard (even though there are still open seats).

Well IHO (which is what Harmonia 2 is based on) runs a script that moves the "manifest" from the larger DATA partition to the smaller CACHE partition of the internal memory. In theory this is a great idea because it frees up more space for apps but in real life for the OV it fails miserably because of our tiny tiny CACHE partition.

I fixed this problem on mine by undoing this script which puts the "manifest" back to its rightful place - on the DATA partition. Yes I do have a bit less internal storage space however it's not an issue as I keep apps I don't normally use uninstalled (and backed up with Titanium) and almost all of my regular use apps are moved to the SD Card.

I've found "2ext" tools to be cumbersome and a pita (especially when updating roms), and previous attempts to move my cache to the SDCard made my phone very slow to boot and do all kinds of wonky things. I've found the method of uninstalling rarely used apps (and keeping backed up) to be the best method to conserve space.

I've documented my method of fixing this problem here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ml#post1847539
    07-06-2012 04:40 PM
    That's great stuff, MasterTec. Thanks for putting that into perspective. Nice analogy.
    I've always uninstalled my infrequently used apps with Titanium and simply reinstalled when needed. Love that approach. That's what ultimately solved the "invalid package" issue for me, although I'm going to take a long look at your fix and see if it's something I can handle. Thanks for passing it along.
    07-06-2012 04:44 PM
    Now the insufficient space error is in fact due to running out of space in the internal data partition. People wonder why they can't install a 7mb app when they have 10mb free.

The reason is because they need at least twice that space if not more. The app has to first be downloaded before it can be installed. Once installed the original download can be deleted but it still needs the space for the temporary storage.

The fix for this is to move the download storage area to the sdcard. I'll find a link to that thread later when I'm on my computer.

07-07-2012 09:20 AM
    Now the insufficient space error is in fact due to running out of space in the internal data partition. People wonder why they can't install a 7mb app when they have 10mb free.

The reason is because they need at least twice that space if not more. The app has to first be downloaded before it can be installed. Once installed the original download can be deleted but it still needs the space for the temporary storage.

The fix for this is to move the download storage area to the sdcard. I'll find a link to that thread later when I'm on my computer.

I can almost always overcome that error with MarketFix. It must do something to that effect. Doesn't do Jack for the package file error, though.
    07-07-2012 10:39 AM
    I can almost always overcome that error with MarketFix. It must do something to that effect. Doesn't do Jack for the package file error, though.
    Yes that's exactly what market fix does. I just find it easier to type a few lines into terminal emulator than to install another app.

07-07-2012 02:15 PM
    will there be a new Harmonia? or are there any updates for this?
    07-09-2012 03:15 AM
    will there be a new Harmonia? or are there any updates for this?

Just been busy and this rom works well for the most part.

I try to tackle the rom that needs the most. I will come back to this soon, it's certainly not dead.

07-09-2012 03:34 AM
1,570 ... 5152535455 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD