07-28-2013 08:37 PM
1,570 ... 5354555657 ...
tools
    I've noticed that Smartass is no longer a governor option. Why is that and what available governor do you recommend?

Flawless other than that. My LINK2SD was having issues at first but after relinking all the files, everything is back to normal. Good job LeslieAnn.
    Smartass is somewhat similar to interactive iirc. I'd recommend that or ondemand.
    niftypixel likes this.
    07-19-2012 01:56 PM
    Yea, seems to have solved my reboot problem with navigate/maps. Everything seems to be working well now. Thanks so much.
    07-19-2012 11:24 PM
    Smartass is somewhat similar to interactive iirc. I'd recommend that or ondemand.
    Ondemand makes phone hot

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. http://forum.digitalhouseoftreats.com/
    07-19-2012 11:26 PM
    Ondemand makes phone hot

Looking for good cm9 or cm7 themes??? visit this site for good themes. Digital House of Treats • Index page
    Not so much if you use Mirage's latest kernel. I clock it at his recommended settings of 122-806 MHz, and Interactive. With LeslieAnn's great UI tweaks, I don't feel the need to use ondemand, but performance oriented users might want that.
    niftypixel likes this.
    07-20-2012 11:25 AM
    ON Demand keeps phone on low overclock when it doesn't need the power. It's kinda like stock rom.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-20-2012 11:39 AM
    Jelly Bean is now running on the (wait for it) Optimus S via a CyanogenMod 10 port | Android Central

This is encouraging. I have a $25 plan, and they will bump me up to $35 if I change phones. Our v has some limitations like small screen, older slower processor and limited ram, but the possibility of remaining os current gives me hope. Any chance this will someday make it to our V?
    07-21-2012 09:37 AM
    * glares*
    Start your own thread about it.
    Way off topic here.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-2012 10:07 AM
    *glares" (whatever that means)
    Someday I hope to have your impeccable judgment. In the mean time, I just muddle through life doing the best I can.

I thought it was relevant and interesting that the latest android version has been ported to a virtually identical phone, and could be something of interest to the dev and people using it. Is a new thread necessary for one post? Is it really way off topic? I don't think so, but so be it. This is a support community. Let's try to be supportive
    07-21-2012 10:36 AM
    *glares" (whatever that means)
    Someday I hope to have your impeccable judgment. In the mean time, I just muddle through life doing the best I can.

I thought it was relevant and interesting that the latest android version has been ported to a virtually identical phone, and could be something of interest to the dev and people using it. Is a new thread necessary for one post? Is it really way off topic? I don't think so, but so be it. This is a support community. Let's try to be supportive
    Interesting yes, but not relevant to Harmonia.
    niftypixel likes this.
    07-21-2012 05:29 PM
    Superuser is not the problem with the update, the app works fine. The problem is the su binary update is buggy. I'm going through the source code to fix the problem, for now I recommend that devs give a version bump to the su binary so the Superuser app does not try to update it.
    07-21-2012 11:45 PM
    i put Harmonia 2.09 on my v and it works really smooth, however i have a problem with volume control when making and receiving calls, it blasts really loud and will not go down far enough to have a normal conversation. is there a setting somewhere to correct this?
    07-22-2012 01:32 PM
    That is a problem with all IHO ROMS. Just turn it up all the way then back down.
    jim277 likes this.
    07-22-2012 03:58 PM
    Not sure if it is Harmonia or not, but I have to reboot to send messages, and sometimes to get online (3G). Will try Mrg for a bit to see.
    07-23-2012 08:36 PM
    Most oddities are flash related.
    07-23-2012 09:12 PM
    I just flashed the Harmonia 2 ROM today. I was able to restore all my applications that I had backed up on the SD card, but after that I was unable to install anything using package installer.

If I hit cancel, I go back to the previous page, but if I touch "install," nothing happens.

I just had this same package installer malfunction over the last few days on the Gingerbread Backside ROM.

I have read about this problem on a few forums, but those concerned someone installing an app that I don't have.

Are there any ideas for quick fixes? Using an installer app hasn't worked because those ultimately rely on package installer to install apps.

Thanks.
    07-23-2012 09:16 PM
    I found the culprit: Fast5 task switcher. Problem solved.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    07-23-2012 10:55 PM
    First and foremost, THANK YOU again, and again, and once more! for all your awesome work, I don't believe (flattery aside) this section and my phone would be as awesome as it is, without yours and others talents, and dedication! -- I understand that you yourself don't use this phone anymore, so I'm even more grateful that you still dev for it, as I definitely cannot afford to upgrade anytime this year!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I've followed the instructions (wipe dalv > cache > boot > system) and upgraded, however Link2SD reports 'all is well' yet half of my apps are dead-icon'd and won't run. I've recreated the mounting script, relinked library, etc etc. I tried uninstalling these apps and re-installing them but keep getting Insufficent Space errors on ALL of them.

I've tried installing 2.09 twice just in case, and still the same issue. Went back to a nandroid of 2.08 with no problems =(

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it definitely sucks. I'd very much like to upgrade, but!

Any ideas as to why this would happen (I believe I read somewhere this is just random in CM7 and no one specifically knows how to address it, aside from 'Market Fix' which I've never needed before with any Harmonia Upgrades).

Thank you in advance for any assistance, and I appreciate the time/help!
    07-24-2012 03:13 AM
    First and foremost, THANK YOU again, and again, and once more! for all your awesome work, I don't believe (flattery aside) this section and my phone would be as awesome as it is, without yours and others talents, and dedication! -- I understand that you yourself don't use this phone anymore, so I'm even more grateful that you still dev for it, as I definitely cannot afford to upgrade anytime this year!

I've followed the instructions (wipe dalv > cache > boot > system) and upgraded, however Link2SD reports 'all is well' yet half of my apps are dead-icon'd and won't run. I've recreated the mounting script, relinked library, etc etc. I tried uninstalling these apps and re-installing them but keep getting Insufficent Space errors on ALL of them.

I've tried installing 2.09 twice just in case, and still the same issue. Went back to a nandroid of 2.08 with no problems =(

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it definitely sucks. I'd very much like to upgrade, but!

Any ideas as to why this would happen (I believe I read somewhere this is just random in CM7 and no one specifically knows how to address it, aside from 'Market Fix' which I've never needed before with any Harmonia Upgrades).

Thank you in advance for any assistance, and I appreciate the time/help!
    Upgrading from an updated version of a ROM pack (like 2.08 to 2.09) should require nothing more than deleting Dalvik cache and the main cache folders. Then all you'd have to do is go to Link2SD once inside, recreate the mount scripts, and reboot. In this manner, your icons should remain where they are before and after the new ROM is loaded.

The only times you ever need to do a full wipe is when chaging over to a different ROM (Harmonia to Ginger Snap, for instance), or something goes awry, like a bad flash.

My only guess is that your SD card's shelf life is going out the door, bad sectors, etc...?
    07-24-2012 09:42 AM
    To upgrade from any previous version of Harmonia 2.x (not 1.x), go into "mounts and storage", wipe cache, systems and boot, go into "advanced" and wipe Dalvik, then flash.
    I was going off this. It may be my card but its never done this before upgrading harmonias. Nor am I experiencing any issues with it or that playstore error back on 2.08 (shrug) .!

Any other thoughts are appreciated!

07-24-2012 10:20 AM
    Hello,

Quick question. I have Harmonia 2.03 installed. Before I flash to 2.09, I want to make sure that Bobzhome is the recommend recovery. I will do a full wipe. I always do and start allover app wise,etc.. I see as per page 1 on this thread it does recommend Bobz, but I'm cautious and want to double check

As always thank you everyone for your continued support/input on this valued Rom in making the most out of OV's.
    07-24-2012 03:02 PM
    Hello,

Quick question. I have Harmonia 2.03 installed. Before I flash to 2.09, I want to make sure that Bobzhome is the recommend recovery. I will do a full wipe. I always do and start allover app wise,etc.. I see as per page 1 on this thread it does recommend Bobz, but I'm cautious and want to double check

As always thank you everyone for your continued support/input on this valued Rom in making the most out of OV's.
    It is recommended however I have drews touch recovery and it works great with all roms cm and ics based. Also you should use TB or something similar to backup apps its so much easier to get apps back

07-24-2012 04:01 PM

You're welcome.
    I tell people to wipe system and boot to make sure they get everything, however in your case you wiped out your links2sd as well.

I have never used any of those systems, but I would assume you need to re-install that before you re-install your apps.

Any newer recovery is fine.
    K-L-M likes this.
    07-24-2012 05:20 PM
    After a few reboots and relinks all is running well on 2.09!!

07-24-2012 06:20 PM
    Hey all. I've asked this before but its driving me quite mad!!. I have 4 OVs (for fam) that I maintain / update. I've moved everyone to 2.09 nps and still MMS doesn't work on any of them. To eachother, to other phones / providers. Nothing. Its been this way for a while (I asked orig at 2.07 I believe) . Any idea why all four have this issue? Does anyone else?? Thanks for any help on the matter!

Sent via AC on my OV w/ Harmonia2 :-)
    07-26-2012 11:32 AM
    Are you using Titanium backup?
    Did you restore system settings?
    If you have done either, it's something you are doing that is damaging mms.

Do a completely clean install, restore nothing except contacts, then try mms. If that doesn't work, I would flash Harmonia 1x and try again. If that fails call Virgin because it's an issue on their end.

If a clean install works, then you need to start looking at your backup/restore system as well as what apps you install.
    07-26-2012 05:18 PM
1,570 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD