[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2.08 19May12 (IHO Gingerbread)

Ok so here is the $64,000 question then.. Is there a backup app that doesn't "F" up with this ROM or others?? Paid or other wise cuz I don't need that again..

I love MyBackup.
Pro and root both work well especially if you restore in two stages (apps then app data).

I gave up Titanium while back after I thought i was backing up an alarm clock and was getting corrupted system settings instead.

The only problem I have had with Mybackup was a bad backup (due to the rom I think) and it doesn't do quite as much, but it does exactly what I want and need, and in plain english. Which was the issue with Titanium. Sometimes I had no idea what I was backing up or restoring.

Reactions: _Severability_

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Ok so here is the $64,000 question then.. Is there a backup app that doesn't "F" up with this ROM or others?? Paid or other wise cuz I don't need that again..

I use MyBackup Root, it is simple and only backups what you really need and it free and add free. Plus mms, sms, and call log.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

MyBackup Root doesn't have the freeze capability, does it? Seems like I was going to give it a try at one point but would have missed that option.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

MyBackup Root doesn't have the freeze capability, does it? Seems like I was going to give it a try at one point but would have missed that option.

With custom ROMS you do not need to freeze anything, and really that capability is what gets a lot of noobs in terrible. IMHO freezing apps is pointless.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

With custom ROMS you do not need to freeze anything, and really that capability is what gets a lot of noobs in terrible. IMHO freezing apps is pointless.
I like the freezing option. True, there's not a lot of bloatware in most custom roms but I still find plenty of uses for it. I have apps I don't need all the time and when I'm not apt to use them, I'll freeze them so they're not running in the background. You're not going to run into much trouble that way. One click to freeze, one click to defrost. Beats uninstalling and re-installing time and again. It's a good option to have. And as it turns out, MyBackup Pro has it.

Last edited:

computergeek75

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Harmonia is great. I recently updated to 2.08, had the same issues as so many others with the "invalid package" nonsense, but I managed to work my way though it. However, today I noticed that I was unable to re-install either Endomondo nor My Tracks; the app store says that my device is incompatible. I had them installed on my last Harmonia install; any ideas as to what would make them "incompatible" now? Any suggestions would be great.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Harmonia is great. I recently updated to 2.08, had the same issues as so many others with the "invalid package" nonsense, but I managed to work my way though it. However, today I noticed that I was unable to re-install either Endomondo nor My Tracks; the app store says that my device is incompatible. I had them installed on my last Harmonia install; any ideas as to what would make them "incompatible" now? Any suggestions would be great.

Can't remember if Market Fix works on that one. Definitely worth a shot.

Reactions: computergeek75

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Can't remember if Market Fix works on that one. Definitely worth a shot.

MarketFix doesn't work with either unfortunately... :/ the invalid package error is due to the dalvik cache filling up. And LeslieAnn said the compatibility error was fixed. Maybe a bad flash? Although I'm having some issues with some apps not being compatible....

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Reactions: computergeek75

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I reinstalled the market with great success. No more invalid package. That may have been a fluke, though.

srojtas

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Hello,

I have an Optimus V that had the previous version of Harmonia (2.07) and I was going to give the phone to a friend so I decided to update it to 2.08 so it is up to date. But there's one major problem. The phone keeps freezing on 2.08, so I downgraded to 2.07 and it still crashes. I wiped everything, redid the flash, and checked the md5 and it is still freezing. Usually Android either reboots (but not the phone) or I have to pull the battery after waiting a few minutes.

Help?

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Hello,

I have an Optimus V that had the previous version of Harmonia (2.07) and I was going to give the phone to a friend so I decided to update it to 2.08 so it is up to date. But there's one major problem. The phone keeps freezing on 2.08, so I downgraded to 2.07 and it still crashes. I wiped everything, redid the flash, and checked the md5 and it is still freezing. Usually Android either reboots (but not the phone) or I have to pull the battery after waiting a few minutes.

Help?

Could it be the launcher that's freezing? I had problems with that when I was using ADW Launcher. I switched to ProLauncher and ultimately GoLauncher and that problem went away.

srojtas

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Happens with any app and is random. It's the stock launcher and I've never had problems with it before.

randomosity117

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I loved this ROM to death, but switched back to harmonia 1.8 because the rotation lag and the fact that it would sometimes freeze after I slid the tab to unlock until the screen timed out was getting annoying. Was there a fix for those?

Tapatalkin' from my wickedly fast Froyoized V

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
MarketFix doesn't work with either unfortunately... :/ the invalid package error is due to the dalvik cache filling up. And LeslieAnn said the compatibility error was fixed. Maybe a bad flash? Although I'm having some issues with some apps not being compatible....

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Just go into recovery and wipe dalvik AND cache

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

computergeek75

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

I figured out my incompatiblity problem. I'm ashamed to say, that I did not have 2.08 installed (as I'd earlier stated), I had 2.07. It was as I went to re-flash that I noticed my error. I flashed w/ 2.08 and my incompatibility problem seems fixed. Unfortunately, that did leave me once again with the Market Issues; but the last time I had this issue, I found the following steps in a forum (I wish I had taken note who had posted this, so that I could give credit, unfortunately, I did not). Hopefully, others can find it useful, it works great for me.
1. move or delete 01mvdalvik from /system/etc/init.d
2. reboot
3. remove the same file again (if it's back)
4. go to settings>applications>manage applications>google play store and hit clear data
5. reboot to recovery
6. wipe cache and dalvik cache
7. reboot
additionally, I use S2E with great success.

chellebelle

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been running Backside forever, but decided I wanted a change, so I came to Harmonia. I put it on my bf's phone when I rooted his phone, but hadn't tried it myself. I LOVE IT!!! I think it runs faster and has wonderful battery life. I have gotten to the point where I need a new battery, but my financial situation has hindered that. I was doing good to get an hour or two on both backside or quattrimus no matter what I was doing, but I've been running about 2 1/2 now with only about 50% drain. I use my phone a lot, it hardly ever leaves my hands, whether I'm playing games or just checking fb and twitter, and when I'm not physically using it I usually have music playing. Yes, I'm addicted to my phone lol. Needless to say I still need a new battery and will be getting one ASAP, but this rom has done wonders for my phone. The only thing I miss is having the clock in the center if the status bar (I know there's a mod out there somewhere, just haven't took the time to look for it) but overall I love this rom.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs