[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

With the combination of Harmonia 2 and JuiceDefender Plus, I'm currently getting the best battery life I've ever had since getting my phone last February.

yah , just last night i had 12 hours with moderate-heavy usage with wifi on all day playing tune-in radio pro :)

bryan.vandyke

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Can you (or anyone) confirm (CPU Spy?) that Deep Sleep works when wifi is set to "Never" sleep, please? That is the one issue I had that made me switch back to 1.7. This was after a complete wipe/install.

Not sure if related but tried my first IHO gingerbread (bobzhome) back in December. After a couple weeks started getting a nasty battery drain. 6% per hour. Cpuspy showed problems going into deep sleep. Tracking it down I found out, at work, on dhcp I got amazing battery life. 1.5% per hour. At home, with static IP it went to crap. i had problems tracking it down because once I tried static the problem 'stuck' even when I returned back to dhcp. switching to dhcp and rebooting has fixed it.

I'm not sure if it's a ROM problem or the firmware on my home wifi router.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

compuwiz2166

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

where can i activate usb storage? i plug it into my computer and nothing happens. the phone just sits there

Pinan

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

switching to dhcp and rebooting has fixed it.
Thanks for the input, though I always use DHCP so not likely the issue. Or do you mean that your phone was set to static on your router, at home?

I found that if Wifi was set to Never Sleep, and I was in the presence of wifi, the phone did not enter Deep Sleep. However. When I left home and dropped Wifi (wifi still set to Never), phone would indeed enter Deep Sleep. So just not when in the presence of wifi. Sigh

And yes, I was draining about 6% hour easily.

Then my Power button broke so am awaiting the replacement.

ScatterBrained

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

I flashed this rom and now when I boot I get the LG logo then the green harmonia text in cursive, then it stops animating and freezes. I didnt change my recovery because the post says its should work with any recovery, and I just wanted to test drive before deciding to switch from Harmonia 1.7. Any ideas what went wrong? Do I need to install the recommended recovery to get it to boot correctly?

In the meantime I'm back to old faithful.

fstmstngs

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Great build Leslieann. Battery is fantastic! Is there any way to get a flashable zip to restore stock icons on the status bar? The icons you used transfer over to some of the themes I use, even after rebooting.

-Mike

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

This is a awesome ROM Thank you so much for updating. I have waited patiently for harmonia to upgrade to GB. I used to run Harmonia froyo...... I oc'd this with these settings smartassv2 min 480 max 825 the quadrant scores are 825 before oc'ing and 1181 after, running smooth battery life is phenomenal so far haven't run the Bluetooth all day at work yet I will post back after i do that to let you know how that works. Overall great ROM as usual Leslie thank you so much for the hard work.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

I just want to thank you for this great rom. The best one for me and my wife!!! "and I tryed the other ones" every thing that I've used work great!!! :) :)

Edit: sorry I had to copy/paste the bottom post, that's almost exactly what happen with me. I was happy with bobzhome latest 2011 build but Iam happierrrrrr!!! With hormonia 2 :) thanks for keeping English and spainsh

Last edited:

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

flapjack.fiasco 04:16 PM 12-29-2011

I've had an Optimus V for about 3 months now. It's the first smart phone I've owned, and it's been rooted for about a month and a half. That entire time, BACKside has been the only ROM I've tried. I like it, it's really been good. But I saw this post, and decided to give Harmonia 2 a try.

Wow. Just wow. I thought that BACKside gave me a reasonable speed increase, but Harmonia 2 is just incredibly fast. I am really, thoroughly impressed. I haven't encountered a single FC so far.

What is it lacking that would be slowing it down, I mean, is a custom launcher really that much of a drag on the system? Whatever it is that you're doing, keep it up. I am so pleased with this ROM, I really can't tell you how much I appreciate your work.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Thanks and you are welcome everyone, glad you like it.

Note:
I added recommended overclock settings to the first post (at the bottom).

Great build Leslieann. Battery is fantastic! Is there any way to get a flashable zip to restore stock icons on the status bar? The icons you used transfer over to some of the themes I use, even after rebooting.
Use UOT kitchen and add whatever icons you want. It's pretty simple and they give you the needed zip file to flash the new files.

What is it lacking that would be slowing it down, I mean, is a custom launcher really that much of a drag on the system? Whatever it is that you're doing, keep it up. I am so pleased with this ROM, I really can't tell you how much I appreciate your work.
Yes, launchers do make a difference, but there is more to it than that.

Harmonia 2 is pretty much an older Backside with as much stripped as possible (within reason), a different launcher and the minimal Google apps (as opposed to flashing Gapps). There is no special trickery, it just boils down to everything you need and absolutely nothing else. This is what we found with the stock rom as well. The more you cleaned out of it, the faster it ran.

Last edited:

stevek28

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

I ran it through a debugger. The problem is that the "CyanogenMod -> Interface -> Status bar tweaks -> AM/PM Style" option overrides the 24-Hour clock option.

Setting it to "Default (None)" resolved the glitch and put military time on the status bar.

I've done all of the above but I still have a PM time on my notification bar

Edit: It works !!

Last edited:

stevek28

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

Are there any themes are "news and weather widget" consistent with the rom?

aldamon

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Selecting Power off with the top button seems to reboot the phone instead of shutting it down. Haven't found any other bugs yet.

fstmstngs

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Use UOT kitchen and add whatever icons you want. It's pretty simple and they give you the needed zip file to flash the new files.

I feel like an idiot here, but how do I get completely stock icons for the status/notification bar by using uotkitchen? I just don't get it. The site says to use either cyanbread.apk of androidian.apk, but both have colors/icons different from stock. Since there isn't a flashable zip out there, can someone spell it out in layman's terms? Sorry.

Thanks!

Mike

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
What is it about the battery icon in your rom that makes it stick with themes? Also, flashing happened, can that lag a system too?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar