[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

electric1

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

LeslieAnn,

you rock! This ROM is absolutely perfect! Smooth install, no issues whatsoever!

One question though.... it came with Gmail preloaded and I can't see how it can be uninstalled or disabled. I tried it, but I didn't like it, so I went back to use Email app, but since Gmail is already activated with my account it won't stop running and there is no way to remove the account from settings. Now I have 2 Email apps running in parallel, consuming extra RAM. How to kill Gmail???

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn,

you rock! This ROM is absolutely perfect! Smooth install, no issues whatsoever!

One question though.... it came with Gmail preloaded and I can't see how it can be uninstalled or disabled. I tried it, but I didn't like it, so I went back to use Email app, but since Gmail is already activated with my account it won't stop running and there is no way to remove the account from settings. Now I have 2 Email apps running in parallel, consuming extra RAM. How to kill Gmail???

You will need a file manager with root to remove it from system/apps.

Reactions: electric1

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Install Titanium Backup Root from market (free version will do for this), select the backup tab, scroll down and tap Gmail, select un-install.

That should do it.

That said, I'm just the opposite re Gmail. If you have a gmail account, I cant think of any reason to use the email app. But that's your choice, of course.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

Reactions: electric1

Tejer

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Install Titanium Backup Root from market (free version will do for this), select the backup tab, scroll down and tap Gmail, select un-install.

That should do it.

That said, I'm just the opposite re Gmail. If you have a gmail account, I cant think of any reason to use the email app. But that's your choice, of course.

That's awesome! I myself dont use Gmail or Google Search, so I successfully uninstalled them using the method you posted :p

*Stupid Gmail shows up on my Market still as 'not installed'. Is there any way to remove the stupid entry from the list under 'My Apps'? Note I have tried to clear the chache, data, and force stop to get it away, but it's still there.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately, Market is a problematic app. What happens if you install it?

Tejer

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately, Market is a problematic app. What happens if you install it?

It sure is! I installed it successfully. I uninstalled it again from the app settings menu and checked the market again and sure enough there it is down at the very bottom in it's own annoying 'not installed' list. Google must really take us for stupid by installing a stupidity reminder that simply reminds me what I have chosen to not have on my phone anymore. Stupid market :p

It's really not affecting anything on the phone, it's more or less just annoying. I guess my expectations transferred from expecting that same great quality that your ROM provides in customization to actually thinking Google Market app would be the same. I blame myself. ;)

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

That should do it.

I don't use Gmail, I have yahoo mail, and my email set up for my job, when I do look at my Gmail all I see is a bunch of YouTube crap, Meh.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Gmail, I have yahoo mail, and my email set up for my job, when I do look at my Gmail all I see is a bunch of YouTube crap, Meh.
Yeah, obviously it only makes sense to use the gmail app for those who actively use a gmail account ;)

I thought it was brilliant of LeslieAnn to bake it into the ROM, as it saves a bit of internal storage not having to download it. The other IHO ROMs don't have gapps and gmail baked it.

Personally, I'm still on mirage, which has worked great for me (but no baked in gmail). But I went with H2 when I updated my wife's phone last weekend. She is more app hungry than me, and needs every bit of extra space she can get. Works quite well so far :)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

When you run Gapps, I beleive it puts them into the system apps dir as well, which is why it only runs once.

However, it puts more files and apps in than I do. Even if you only pick Gmail, it still installs a few other things you may or may not want. My reasoning for adding them was they are kind of essential and I hate having to flash multiple things every time I change roms. For me it's rom, gapps, then battery indicator. That's 3 flashes before I even get started. The other thing is that there is no reason not include them, and my goal has always been "the rom Virgin should have made". It's meant to be a very basic, fully functional rom, flash it and go.

Reactions: Dannemand

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
^^
Thanks LeslieAnn. Yeah, once again I think it's great to have gapps and gmail baked in. I used to flash gmail.zip, but the latest one I had was way too old, and I always had to download updates anyway.

H2 looks to be a great ROM, thanks a lot (on my wife's behalf as well ;)). Don't know if blarf, mrg666, Jerry, Bobz, tdm and the other IHO contributors follow this thread, but obviously those thanks extend to them as well.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

^^
Thanks LeslieAnn. Yeah, once again I think it's great to have gapps and gmail baked in. I used to flash gmail.zip, but the latest one I had was way too old, and I always had to download updates anyway.

H2 looks to be a great ROM, thanks a lot (on my wife's behalf as well ;)). Don't know if blarf, mrg666, Jerry, Bobz, tdm and the other IHO contributors follow this thread, but obviously those thanks extend to them as well.

Actually, H2 is based off blanks that Mrg666 sends me. I haven't built a rom from scratch in a while, and those guys do a better job anyhow.

I may be giving it another go shortly though considering a new project I am working on, so we will see.

Reactions: Dannemand

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

could I flash bobzhome new kernel 3.7 onto of this rom. ;) or is it going to be on your next update H2.04 ;)

happyroot

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty certain it already has it.

How effective would you say your battery tweaks are compared to the battery usage of let us say BACKside? Also does your ROM have the camera tweaks? Love your barebones ROM I wish more developers took that approach.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

How effective would you say your battery tweaks are compared to the battery usage of let us say BACKside? Also does your ROM have the camera tweaks? Love your barebones ROM I wish more developers took that approach.

Best I can say is to try a few other roms and see which works for you best.

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I've read through the thread and haven't seen any mention of this but does anyone else experience an audio "stutter" bug when playing music? It only occurs when I am playing locally stored content (not when streaming) and it sounds like a cd player "skipping". It doesn't matter what app I play the music from, it still happens periodically during playback. I've tried reflashing, and the bug affects both Harmonia 2.0 and 2.03. Perhaps this is an IHO bug that I have blindly missed?

Thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Hey everyone, I've read through the thread and haven't seen any mention of this but does anyone else experience an audio "stutter" bug when playing music? It only occurs when I am playing locally stored content (not when streaming) and it sounds like a cd player "skipping". It doesn't matter what app I play the music from, it still happens periodically during playback. I've tried reflashing, and the bug affects both Harmonia 2.0 and 2.03. Perhaps this is an IHO bug that I have blindly missed?

Thanks

Now that you mention it, I have seen this too, except I'm using BACKside. Unless someone has a better explanation I'm going to assume a bad transfer via usb. I've noticed some of my music files on ky pc are skipping and I believe its because they got corrupted when I had to fill my library off my ipod (my library was empty) with 5000+ songs. Like we've seen happen to roms on download, I'm guessing the same is happening to the music on transfer. Its not on every song for me, just a few.

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Now that you mention it, I have seen this too, except I'm using BACKside. Unless someone has a better explanation I'm going to assume a bad transfer via usb. I've noticed some of my music files on ky pc are skipping and I believe its because they got corrupted when I had to fill my library off my ipod (my library was empty) with 5000+ songs. Like we've seen happen to roms on download, I'm guessing the same is happening to the music on transfer. Its not on every song for me, just a few.

I can verify that a bad rip/transfer is not the issue for me, as it affects tracks which I have purchased and downloaded directly to the phone through both Amazon mp3 and Google music. It does seem to affect my entire collection though, ripped tracks and downloaded ones likewise. Like you said, it doesn't seem to happen with every track but rather (in my experience) sporadically.
So maybe it might be either an audio bug or perhaps an sdcard IO error?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I can verify that a bad rip/transfer is not the issue for me, as it affects tracks which I have purchased and downloaded directly to the phone through both Amazon mp3 and Google music. It does seem to affect my entire collection though, ripped tracks and downloaded ones likewise. Like you said, it doesn't seem to happen with every track but rather (in my experience) sporadically.
So maybe it might be either an audio bug or perhaps an sdcard IO error?

Find a song that has a glitch and transfer it to your computer and see if it still glitches, that might rule out if its a transfer error or a download error

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante