[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
To bad GetJar never updates there apps though
Actually they do notify about updates if you install the getjar apk. I received one or two such notifications - though not in a long time. That said, of course it's not a "real" store like Amazon or market.

Update: I did hear that getjar pays developers each time an app is downloaded (they make their money on ads). So using them does support devs.

Last edited:

Tejer

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Nothing that I know of specifically.

I did some testing and can narrow this a bit. When installing an app for the first time, the 'successfully installed' message shows and stays in the notification bar until clicked or cleared. The issue happens when updating an existing app. After updating an app, the 'successfully updated' message shows in the notification bar, but clears itself instead of remaining in the status bar. I just installed one app and updated another app to test this. I also force closed all running apps before running the test. Turns out fresh installs display correctly, but updates do not.

Update: I updated another app today, it stayed in the notification bar after updating from market and all my apps were running like normal. I'm not sure what the heck is up with this then or why it behaves this way 'randomly'. It does not seem to matter though what apps are running. :-\

Last edited:

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Had a strange issue while testing this R0M out. The notification froze half way into swiping it away and while I could still use the phone, it was impossible to clear the notification bar or use the buttons there to enable or disable things like WiFi. A reboot fixed it but I thought you'd want to know.

screenshot1329839626894.png

PS: Tapatalk does not like PNG images, is there a way to get screenshots to save as JPGs?

--bornagainpenguin

Last edited:

Tejer

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

Had a strange issue while testing this R0M out. The notification froze half way into swiping it away and while I could still use the phone, it was impossible to clear the notification bar or use the buttons there to enable or disable things like WiFi. A reboot fixed it but I thought you'd want to know.

Click to view quoted image

PS: Tapatalk does not like PNG images, is there a way to get screenshots to save as JPGs?

--bornagainpenguin

I have not quite run into that issue. I've had the scroll down notification bar stop like 1/5 of the way down and just freeze there until I put my finger back on the screen and it reset to the top and i'd just scroll it back down. I've never had it freeze completely. If it keeps happening it's possible to be a bad flash of the rom.

I'm not sure how to get the screenshots to save as anything else, I dont really use the screenshot feature much on the phone, and when I do, I send them to my computer and convert them in paint ;)

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
This issue has been mentioned before, I think on the IHO thread. I don't think it's a matter of a bad flash.

Sent from my Optimus V on Harmonia 2.

dwillis

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Harmonia 2.03 on Optimus V
Issue: OpenVPN not connecting.

Identical OpenVPN configuration on NexusOne running 2.6.37.6-cyanogenmod-01509-g8913be8 seems to work fine.

Server shows connection sets up and then immediately dropped. Phone just shows "Connecting..." and eventually times out.

Anybody else using OpenVPN with Harmonia?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Harmonia 2.03 on Optimus V
Issue: OpenVPN not connecting.

Anybody else using OpenVPN with Harmonia?

This is more an IHO issue.
I have been tempted though.

See if some of the newer IHO roms have it, I'll probably be doing an update this weekend and if the other IHO roms have VPN working, then the update will likely fix it for you.

If not, I would post in the IHO thread and see if maybe we can get something towards fixing it.

Jasonboy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Compared to Harmonia 1 (Froyo), how's the battery life on this, i'm using Harmonia 1 and wanna transition to Gingerbread but i'm a battery guzzler, i get about 1.5 days on Froyo and heard that Gingerbread Roms destroy battery life.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

You will probably only get about 90% of the battery life, but 90% is probably more than enough for your needs, and is far cry from earlier versions where we were getting a little more than half. The only way to know for sure though is to try it.

You aren't a guzzler. Compared to many, you're a light user.

Reactions: Jasonboy

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone been able to change PRL with Harmonia v2 using QPST? (the instructions posted in a thread in the main OV forum)

I couldn't get QPST to recognize my phone, and am not sure if it's a configuration issue on my computer or QPST just doesn't recognize this type of ROM. Last time I did it, I was on Froyo/Bumblebee.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

If you have Win7, you won't.

You need to go back to Froyo to do it on Win7. There is an alternative way, but it involves making a script. Just flash nandroid, install Harmonia 1, do the update, then restore your nandroid.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

If you have Win7, you won't.

You need to go back to Froyo to do it on Win7. There is an alternative way, but it involves making a script. Just flash nandroid, install Harmonia 1, do the update, then restore your nandroid.

Thank you!

nybb

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm a total noob, spent all night reading up on how to root and install a custom rom and finally decided to take the plunge. I swore everything went smooth as could be and am pretty certain I followed all the necessary steps. I now have Harmonia2 installed but the only problem is that all of the apps I previously installed are not visible. I also lost my contacts and sms messages in the process, but I'm not worried about that. I would just like to get my apps back if possible.

When I go into manage applications, it seems the apps are there somewhere, since almost all of my storage is being used up, but it says "No applications." Is there anything that I may have missed, and what should I do now? Even if the apps were lost, it wouldn't be a huge deal, but I only have 150 MB free storage available. The only backup I made was the step in recovery mode to go into backup and restore and I clicked on backup. I have tried combing the forums and done google searches trying to find a fix and troubleshoot the problem but am not sure what steps I should take next. I see others had similar issues of apps disappearing but I'm not sure how best to go about fixing the problem. Any advice anyone can offer is more than appreciated.

nybb

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

I just realized I could log into android marketplace and re-downloaded the apps I needed from there. I guess I am all set as everything else seems to be working fine.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm a total noob, spent all night reading up on how to root and install a custom rom and finally decided to take the plunge. I swore everything went smooth as could be and am pretty certain I followed all the necessary steps. I now have Harmonia2 installed but the only problem is that all of the apps I previously installed are not visible. I also lost my contacts and sms messages in the process, but I'm not worried about that. I would just like to get my apps back if possible.

When I go into manage applications, it seems the apps are there somewhere, since almost all of my storage is being used up, but it says "No applications." Is there anything that I may have missed, and what should I do now? Even if the apps were lost, it wouldn't be a huge deal, but I only have 150 MB free storage available. The only backup I made was the step in recovery mode to go into backup and restore and I clicked on backup. I have tried combing the forums and done google searches trying to find a fix and troubleshoot the problem but am not sure what steps I should take next. I see others had similar issues of apps disappearing but I'm not sure how best to go about fixing the problem. Any advice anyone can offer is more than appreciated.

You're going to lose user data and installed apps when you flash a new ROM. If your contacts are synced with your Google account, they should repopulate. You can export contacts to your SD card beforehand, and then import them after you flash for a faster recovery. I've never tried to export SMS messages, but I'd bet there's a way. After you have everything set up the way you like, do a nandroid backup, that way you can restore to it if you screw something up.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

nybb

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

ah thanks very much for the reply, I was hoping that was the case. No big deal on the sms messages, I needed to clear them out anyway :)

Thanks also to LeslieAnn for a great ROM (even though it's the only other one I know so far!)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Glad you all like it.

There is a complete backup guide in the sticky that will show how to backup everything.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Compared to Harmonia 1 (Froyo), how's the battery life on this, i'm using Harmonia 1 and wanna transition to Gingerbread but i'm a battery guzzler, i get about 1.5 days on Froyo and heard that Gingerbread Roms destroy battery life.

With one very simple tip, I've been enjoying Harmonia 1.x battery life in Harmonia 2.x: disable Bluetooth when not in use. More here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/129896-iho-idle-battery-use.html

See post #23 for the "proof". Sorry in advance for the flame bait. It's just such an obvious problem with Bluetooth in GB :(

forceps

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

Love this rom, great work to both you and everyone on the IHO team.

One problem I've noticed is that my speakerphone doesn't work when I make an internet call.
I can hear things fine through the earpiece when in a call, and sound is nice and loud on the main speaker everywhere else, but if I hit the spearkphone button when in an internet call, it falters/blips for a moment and stays on the earpiece speaker even though the speakerphone button is now lit up. Toggling that back and forth doesn't seem to do anything much either.

Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon