[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

mysticalnyte

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

LeslieAnn,

Was File Manager left out intentionally? I had to restore mine using TBu.
Many thanks in advance.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

Is anybody experiencing Google Maps Navigation crashing and making the phone restart itself when you use it? This is a common trait among all IHO builds on a clean install with everything wiped and formatted and nothing restored.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn,

Was File Manager left out intentionally? I had to restore mine using TBu.
Many thanks in advance.
Yes, I remove anything you pretty much wouldn't find in a stock GB rom.

Is anybody experiencing Google Maps Navigation crashing and making the phone restart itself when you use it? This is a common trait among all IHO builds on a clean install with everything wiped and formatted and nothing restored.

This is IHO, so if it crashes on them it will crash on this.

Reactions: jayhermit

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm running the MiRaGe version of IHO and don't have any trouble using navigation or maps. You might try running fix_permissions in Terminal, or double check the md5 of your download.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I have no problems with Google Maps and/or Navigation. Either you have a computed download file or your CPU settings are to high causing your OV to restart.

dririan

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
2.04 won't work on new screen OV

Latest version:
Version 2.04 16Mar12

I've checked the MD5 sum (on the uSD card), formatted /boot, /cache, /data, and /system, cleared Dalvik cache, and flashed Harmonia 2.04 several times, and it always has the same behavior. It eventually dims the brightness of the buttons' lights, but the screen stays black. I can push the power button, which turns the backlight of the screen and buttons on or off, but nothing ever shows up on the screen. Doing the same flashing Harmonia 2.03 works fine, as well as quattrimus. Only Harmonia 2.04 has this problem. If it's relevant, I have a new screen OV. I tried getting a logcat or even a screenshot through DDMS, but it doesn't present an ADB device over USB.

gearsofwar23

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

I can't seem to get this newest rom to boot I've tried every recovery and basically every way to wipe/ format it. It runs in the background but the screen is blueish black. You know when after it loads it vibrates as the screen dims then it loads well my phone vibrates but its not showing anything was the kernel changed or is there something wrong with the zip file.

gearsofwar23

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

The kernel itself may be missing does anyone have the new 3.7 kernal I don't understand how to pull it from my other iho roms

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

I used to have a persistent problem on stock 2.2.1 where Maps would hang the phone whenever GPS was on and the screen timed out. My wife's OV (same version) didn't have the problem. I factory reset and started over, but the problem persisted. I saw a few others report it, but clearly it wasn't all phones.

I've been on IHO MiRaGe since Oct last year, and haven't seen the problem. Dunno whether the ROM or a Maps update fixed it.

My point is it seems some phones have a sensitivity in GPS, and maybe that's what you're seeing. If you can reproduce the problem on stock, maybe VMU will replace your phone (if you even want that).

Just a thought...

Last edited:

vagotis

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

I can't seem to get this newest rom to boot I've tried every recovery and basically every way to wipe/ format it. It runs in the background but the screen is blueish black. You know when after it loads it vibrates as the screen dims then it loads well my phone vibrates but its not showing anything was the kernel changed or is there something wrong with the zip file.

Same story here. Had to restore back to 2.03, which works great.

sheureka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm also having the problem with 2.04 not booting, or at least not booting so I can see it. I've also wiped/formatted, redownloaded, and everything else I can think of. I'm going to reflash 2.03. - sheureka

xaxas

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I think the problem is the kernel it uses isnt compatible with the new Optimus screens
I installed it then installed xionia_kernel_014_anykernel_OptimusV_signed then installed
Optimus_V_Key_Swap_signed and the screen worked correctly with the new update.
Idk how stable it was using that kernel because it was a friends phone not my personal one.
but at least the screen came back on with using newest version of harmonia

gearsofwar23

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I know she didn't do it on purpose it must of just been the way the computer cranked the zip file out. If I knee how to transfer files like on the computer with out breaking anything I would but I'm not that smart. I'm happy waiting until the next update :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

jayhermit

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

Hi LeslieAnn,

I wanted to send you a note thanking you for your work. I installed your rom for the first time yesterday and I love it. I have been playing around with the other roms for the VM670 for months and I think yours is the best.

Specifically, I was trying to use google skymap with a different VM670 ROM and it kept locking up. I had a feeling it was general bloat on the rom and I have your rom a try. I know I will stick with it!

I really appreciate your effort. Keep up the good work!

Jay

Astindan

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

I have a slight issue with the camera if you try to record video, the camera crashes and is unusable until you reboot.

classpro

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone have problems with the headphone output being too low? Any way to make it louder? It comes with an app called dsp manager, but I couldn't see a way to increase volume.

aldamon

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I have a slight issue with the camera if you try to record video, the camera crashes and is unusable until you reboot.

Same here. Freezes at default speeds and overclocked.

Also, the camera in this new ROM seems really really touchy with overclocking. I was having camera problems at the same clock speed I've always used (806) and thought it was a problem caused by not wiping. Wiped, and the camera was still touchy at my normal speed. Turns out, I had to back it down a notch to get it to stop freezing.

Overall, it seems like camera/video just has problems with this update.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

For those having troubles installing, you need to format boot and system (I.E. a full wipe).
Those newer phones have absolutely crap flash memory in them.

There is nothing wrong with the kernel or the installer.

If the camera is having issues, you may need to drop back to 2.03, but try dropping your overclock first to see if that helps. I'll run some tests on it later tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21