[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
LeslieAnn,

FYI, Github still has version 2.04 on it. Thanks for the fix and I can never decide on yours or Jerry's to flash. I guess which ever one is newer at the time. :p

I think that's because 2.04 was built from source, and 2.05 was built from Mirage.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

LeslieAnn,

FYI, Github still has version 2.04 on it. Thanks for the fix and I can never decide on yours or Jerry's to flash. I guess which ever one is newer at the time. :p
Thanks!

I think that's because 2.04 was built from source, and 2.05 was built from Mirage.
No, I just forgot about it.

That is also why I don't post it on the other major forums.

electric1

May 17, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn,

does your crystal ball show Harmonia 3 ( ICS ) for OV in foreseeable future?

Just curious.... since I rely on my phone daily I can't afford to play with ALPHA ROMs, so just watching progress for now...

Thanks

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn,

does your crystal ball show Harmonia 3 ( ICS ) for OV in foreseeable future?

Just curious.... since I rely on my phone daily I can't afford to play with ALPHA ROMs, so just watching progress for now...

Thanks
I did one build/chef's rom early on to help people with testing who couldn't get it running because I had more experience working with Gapps and apps to where I could shrink the rom enough to make it work.

If you look back at how long IHO was out before Harmonia 2 was released, I waited until it was pretty stable and complete. Also, if you look at how my releases are, I prefer to release stable, daily use type roms. I often refer to Harmonia 1 and 2 as Hondas and Toyotas, not very exciting, but they always work well (otherwise I remove them). The same will happen with Harmonia 3, you won't see it until everything works, and we can get ICS running stable. Right now ICS has a long way to go before then.

Plus, the other devs are starting to work with Gapps more so there actually may be little need for it, but then again, by the time it's stable enough, it will fork a few times, so it could still happen. You might get an early beta/preview once it gets fully working, but a full build at the soonest, will be after everything works and is completely stable and if no one is building anything similar at the time.

My roms are pretty simple by mature, any of the devs could duplicate them extremely easy, so could many users.

iam25boy

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

Just updated to 2.05. it's a wonderful and stable ROM.. thanks!!

However, I couldn't update apps, I frequently got "Invalid Package" or "Insufficient space" error in Google Play. Does anyone has the same issue?

Thanks!

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

What's the difference between 2.05 and 2.04? I seem to operate better on 2.04 with the kernel, zim@foodcourtia. Can I make a flashable zip, or change the kernel somewhere?

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I just switched to this from the other IHO rom and am happy with it but I noticed the stock "News and Weather" app is missing. Also it didn't back up for some reason.

Does any one know where I can download this from?

Thanks!

Reactions: CuriousNoob

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

What's the difference between 2.05 and 2.04? I seem to operate better on 2.04 with the kernel, zim@foodcourtia. Can I make a flashable zip, or change the kernel somewhere?

2.04 was an attempt by me to build from source again.
It worked for some, but not everyone.

Mrg666 made a new build for me 2 days later that works for everyone and that is what was used for 2.05. They really shouldn't be very different, so swapping parts between them should cause minimal issues.

Best advice I can give is say to just try it., or if 2.04 works for you, keep using it. 2.05 was only made to help those having issues with 2.04.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I just switched to this from the other IHO rom and am happy with it but I noticed the stock "News and Weather" app is missing. Also it didn't back up for some reason.

Does any one know where I can download this from?

Thanks!

I strip out pretty much all non-essential stuff on purpose.

This is the app you are looking for.

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2

I strip out pretty much all non-essential stuff on purpose.

This is the app you are looking for.

Yeah I gotcha.

That app won't install though.. just says "Not Installed".

I'm also having problems with installing maps. First restoring the backup would just hang indefinitely. Then installing it fresh from market (play) came up with a space error.

I did the mod to fix that and now it downloads but the install says "invalid package"

Hrmmm... it's way past my bedtime though I'll play with it some more tomorrow.

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2

Use a rooted file manager and place it in ./system/apps

Well even that didn't work. I moved it to ./system/app and it wasn't in the apps list. Rebooted and still not there. Tried installing the app from that location and still said "application not installed"

I ended up reflashing Harmonia but also flashing gapps at the same time and now everything is working well. I have my news/weather app and downloads from Play are installing correctly.

I don't know what happened but it all seems good now!