[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure (correct me if I'm wrong leslie), but harmonia doesn't have a boot animation. Just the harmonia symbol popping up and then the shiny android logo. Leslie has bootanimations disabled to speed up boot time.

I could be wrong, its been a while since I played with harmonia2

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last time I was running Harmonia, and granted, it's been like a month, it had a boot animation. It looked like the stock Android boot animation, but it was green and said Harmonia.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was data/local?

Wow, we've got 3 different directory suggestions so far. It's strange that different ROMs would have the boot animations in different locations, considering most of ours are based off IHO. That being said, I haven't even looked to see where mine is stored on BACKside.

[EDIT] It's in /system/media/ on BACKside.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow, we've got 3 different directory suggestions so far. It's strange that different ROMs would have the boot animations in different locations, considering most of ours are based off IHO. That being said, I haven't even looked to see where mine is stored on BACKside.

[EDIT] It's in /system/media/ on BACKside.

I know cm roms its in system/media and I believe sense/other roms are in data/local. In froyo roms I always put it in data/local

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

There is no boot animation in Harmonia or Aphrodite, however it is not disabled.

The green Harmonia logo is the framework animation, that gets hidden when you load a boot animation. It's not the same.

The file needs to go in and be named:
system/media/bootanimation.zip

If that isn't working then your animation is probably incompatible.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

With Harmonia 2.05, is anyone having the issue of being unable to adjust call volume during a call? I did a complete wipe and flashed 2.05 on a friend's phone, and she's having that issue. Hoping it's just some setting that needs to be adjusted.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
With Harmonia 2.05, is anyone having the issue of being unable to adjust call volume during a call? I did a complete wipe and flashed 2.05 on a friend's phone, and she's having that issue. Hoping it's just some setting that needs to be adjusted.

When in a call, try and turn volume all the way up and down, then adjust from there. Many people who had the volume problem found that to solve it. It should work normal at least until next reboot - maybe longer.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I have one new problem. My ov is rebooting every 5 minutes. I think it might be because I set the overclock settings to min. 480 and Max. 864 with the performance governer. But I tried changing it back and it didn't change anything, just kept rebooting but after rebooting a couple more times it just started working randomly again... know anything about this LeslieAnn?

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Ok. I have one new problem. My ov is rebooting every 5 minutes. I think it might be because I set the overclock settings to min. 480 and Max. 864 with the performance governer. But I tried changing it back and it didn't change anything, just kept rebooting but after rebooting a couple more times it just started working randomly again... know anything about this LeslieAnn?

You have to disable that overclock! 864MHz is already a very high clock for any OV; but by also selecting the Performance governor, you told it to stay at that Max speed all the time and never slow down. Even among those lucky few who have OVs that can run stable with 864 Max, I bet few would survive it nonstop and still remain stable.

This is not only the cause of your reboots, but it may have caused a bunch of other corruption in your cache and data.

Once you've disabled OC (really disable it for now, don't just drop it a little) at the very least would I boot recovery and wipe cache and dalvik (I always wipe twice, just for good measure). You may want to also use a root explorer and delete all files in /data/system/dropbox. With luck, that will be enough to stabilize the phone.

If you have a nandroid that's not too old, I would personally restore that (after double-wiping everything) just because you never know how much corruption was left behind and when it might surface. Alternatively do a Factory Reset in recovery, that will wipe all data and cache. You system partition most likely has not been written to and should be unaffected. IF you do this, don't backup and restore app data with Titanium -- the whole purpose is to loose data that may be corrupted.

Once you're fully stabilized and you know you've gotten rid of (potentially) corrupted data, you can start gradually overclocking again. But stay with SmartassV2 or Interactive governors. Follow the guidelines in LeslieAnn's OC thread. Don't overdo it!

I guess some will think that I am exaggerating the risks here. Maybe I am, maybe you'll be fine and there was no corruption. But when a CPU starts failing while it saves data left and right, there is just no way of knowing for sure.

Edit: One thing I forgot: After wiping cache and dalvik and reboot, be patient and let it simmer for 10mins to rebuild everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryuk6666

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I guess some will think that I am exaggerating the risks here. Maybe I am, maybe you'll be fine and there was no corruption. But when a CPU starts failing while it saves data left and right, there is just no way of knowing for sure.
No, you aren't exaggerating.

Data corruption does happen, it may be rare, but it does.
There have been more than a few instances of it on this forum. The owners may not be aware of it, but I could tell it had happened just from what was said.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
No, you aren't exaggerating.

Data corruption does happen, it may be rare, but it does.
There have been more than a few instances of it on this forum. The owners may not be aware of it, but I could tell it had happened just from what was said.

Thanks LeslieAnn. Given that everybody wants to OC, and most people like to take it to the edge, I wonder if many small problems and issues could be caused by it. If everything seems stable otherwise, people don't suspect OC to be the cause.

Reactions: Ryuk6666

adroiddeebo

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

I know this comment is a little off the discussion, but after much trial and error and help from one of LeslieAnn's post on overclocking I have noticed with my OV the higher I overclock I have to raise the min CPU speed .My phone (min600/max825 MHz) no reboots. When I left the min at stock (245mhz) no matter how low I overclocked my phone would eventually reboot.Please chime in LeslieAnn with any corrections.Thanks!

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

D: thank you so much guys!!!! that was a close one! ill go and wipe the cache and dalvik right now... no wonder my wifi hasnt been working too well lately.

Reactions: Dannemand

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

now i feel dumb.... (never bothered to overclock before) wiped dalvik and cache everything seems to be working fine. thanks guys.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

and this may be a little off topic but is there any way i can copy my nand backup to the new sd card i just bought? my computer keeps telling me thers an I/O device error and another thing. whenever i plug in my ov to the computer and select to enable mass storage mode it freezes on me..... then when i lock it and turn the screen back on its like a TV with now signal but frozen..... e-o

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

and this may be a little off topic but is there any way i can copy my nand backup to the new sd card i just bought? my computer keeps telling me thers an I/O device error and another thing. whenever i plug in my ov to the computer and select to enable mass storage mode it freezes on me..... then when i lock it and turn the screen back on its like a TV with now signal but frozen..... e-o

Best way is if your PC has a card reader. Most micro SD cards come with an adapter that plugs into a standard SD card reader. Then copy to your hard drive and on to the other SD card. Otherwise maybe boot recovery and mount SD card from there so you can read it from PC.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

im using the card reader right now but might you have any idea why this might be happening?

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
im using the card reader right now but might you have any idea why this might be happening?

I think most likely things were corrupted during that extreme OC, and that's why it's borked now.

If you're looking to restore a nandroid anyway, you can do a factory reset in recovery, that should clean it up for the USB connection. Or connect in recovery. Or use the card reader (best).

If it still acts up after a factory reset, some problems may have crept into your system partition. Restoring nandroid (or re-flashing the ROM) should take care of that.

Of course there is a theoretical risk that you actually fried it - extreme OC can do that. But let's not go there yet.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I know this comment is a little off the discussion, but after much trial and error and help from one of LeslieAnn's post on overclocking I have noticed with my OV the higher I overclock I have to raise the min CPU speed .My phone (min600/max825 MHz) no reboots. When I left the min at stock (245mhz) no matter how low I overclocked my phone would eventually reboot.Please chime in LeslieAnn with any corrections.Thanks!

Never heard of that.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

When in a call, try and turn volume all the way up and down, then adjust from there. Many people who had the volume problem found that to solve it. It should work normal at least until next reboot - maybe longer.

Is this an IHO issue in general, or just certain ROMs like Harmonia 2.05 and others?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt