[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

adroiddeebo

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Never heard of that.
Androidcentral
LeslieAnn 01:52 AM 04-23-2011
CPU overclock recommended settings: I wouldn't recommend going below 400mhz, we are finding it simply isn't efficient. If you tend to just listen to music and surf, 400 should be your baseline. Those who use navigation, play videos and/or Angry Birds, you may find 600 better as a minimum. If you find your phone getting warm during use, raising the baseline may actually help. No, I did not write that backwards, it's due to how the processor works. See this thread for more information: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...-part-2-a.html

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

IHO issue. I just saw it several times in the IHO thread - not in a long time, though. Did the fix work for you?

Think one of the reasons that we have not seen it in a while is that the older IHO users know about the issue, it is the new ones that are just discovering it. The Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks hes spiked in terrific in the last mount, mostly from new users.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

IHO issue. I just saw it several times in the IHO thread - not in a long time, though. Did the fix work for you?

I don't seem to be affected by it on Harmonia 2.03 yet (my friend's phone who it affects I had put on 2.05). But if it's really a persistent problem without a permanent fix, I'll probably have to take my friend off of IHO. She cares more about stuff like that than what ROM she's on.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Androidcentral
LeslieAnn 01:52 AM 04-23-2011
CPU overclock recommended settings: I wouldn't recommend going below 400mhz, we are finding it simply isn't efficient. If you tend to just listen to music and surf, 400 should be your baseline. Those who use navigation, play videos and/or Angry Birds, you may find 600 better as a minimum. If you find your phone getting warm during use, raising the baseline may actually help. No, I did not write that backwards, it's due to how the processor works. See this thread for more information: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...-part-2-a.html
I meant I have never heard of having to raise the min to keep the phone stable.

Once you pass 480, the phone kicks up a notch in terms of power draw, the point of locking min to 480 is to try and keep from kicking up.

Yes some people probably would benefit from 600, but most won't and as mentioned in the overclock thread, you have to experiment if you want to get the very most out of things.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
@davidh44: It doesn't affect all phones and users. Also, it may be CM, not just IHO. Since the fix is so quick and easy, I think it is massively outweighed by the many benefits of these ROMs. But that's me.

adroiddeebo

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I meant I have never heard of having to raise the min to keep the phone stable.

Once you pass 480, the phone kicks up a notch in terms of power draw, the point of locking min to 480 is to try and keep from kicking up.

Yes some people probably would benefit from 600, but most won't and as mentioned in the overclock thread, you have to experiment if you want to get the very most out of things.

Thanks for the reply! O have noticed that my battery uses more power. Thanks again for all the work that you and all the independent developers have done.

squidytweak

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site

I just keep coming back to this rom after flashing each update to ICS builds. Though hard to leave the good looks of ICS, it is nice to have excellent battery life & a stable build to fall back on!

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I fixed my sd problems. Turns out that when I formatted the sd card after removing the files it messed up the sd read (so now the useless) but I put the sd card into my phone an transferred the files via mass storage mode. Now one more question. If my min cpu settings are 320 and max is 600 what is the best governer for battery efficiency and Smooth performance? (current is ondemand)

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

I know this comment is a little off the discussion, but after much trial and error and help from one of LeslieAnn's post on overclocking I have noticed with my OV the higher I overclock I have to raise the min CPU speed .My phone (min600/max825 MHz) no reboots. When I left the min at stock (245mhz) no matter how low I overclocked my phone would eventually reboot.Please chime in LeslieAnn with any corrections.Thanks!

i run 245/825 smartass v2 for the main, with 2 governors 245/245 priority 100 smartass v2 screen off and 245/600 priority 90 smartass v2 charging...incredible speed and battery life. since my phone is usually on lockscreen most of the time, this scenario works out great for me :)

never had my phone reboot or any fcs either for what its worth

adroiddeebo

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
i run 245/825 smartass v2 for the main, with 2 governors 245/245 priority 100 smartass v2 screen off and 245/600 priority 90 smartass v2 charging...incredible speed and battery life. since my phone is usually on lockscreen most of the time, this scenario works out great for me :)

never had my phone reboot or any fcs either for what its worth

Which. overclocking app are you using?

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I'm sick. Just read this entire thread. Turns out that at 2.03, I'm two versions behind. Can't decide if there's any compelling reason why I should upgrade. 2.03 is pretty near flawless and I'm really not concerned with offline charging.

Sean OGorman

May 13, 2011
Visit site

I was using 2.03 for several months (I think...hell I can't keep track), then went to CM9, then back to 1.6, then to 2.05, and 2.05 has me forgetting about ICS. Its nice.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Aha! And there's my answer. Thanks for the head's up.
Hey, Sean sounds like we're on similar paths. I haven't tried out CM9 yet, but I gave CM7 a run followed by the ICS rom. Both nice in their ways, but I ended up back with Harmonia within a day or two. Looking forward to the newest version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2