[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

Make sure you check the MD5 checksum. I had to download 2.06 three times before I got one that matched!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Ahh, yes.
Mediafire has been having trouble the last day or so and could be causing some of the issues.

Freedomrock

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I notice my purchases aren't showing up in Google Play, I've wiped and reflashed twice, left it idle, nothing's working. Is this related to the contact sync issue?

I have the same problem , no Google Play Sync, no gmail sync, no contact sync. I can flash mgr666, Backside and Bobzorne(sp?) all IHO builds and never have problems syncing. Really all of the IHO ROMS are great. Any ideas?

Edit - I will confirm chksum.

Edit - I was hoping this would be the problem but no chksum is good according to MD5 for OSX,

Last edited:

Discovered

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't check my files much. Downloaded this and make sure you check off all you want synced under your Google account. I checked off my contacts and bam they Popped up.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Freedomrock

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I don't check my files much. Downloaded this and make sure you check off all you want synced under your Google account. I checked off my contacts and bam they Popped up.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Well see that is the problem.......they are checked off and they are not syncing! That is why I posted. It looks like there are one or two others with the same problem. For 3 other IHO ROMs I have no problem with sync. I have tried multiple downloads, confirmed chksum, re-flashed several times and no google sync.

I Wipe Cache partition, Davik Cache, wipe data/factory reset, format boot, format system, format data, format cache, install zip file. I set up my wifi and configure Google Play, gmail, contacts and calander sync. And no sync!

I have flashed a bunch of ROMS without problems. I am not sure what else to try. I guess for now I will stick with mgr666 or go back to BobZHome. Am I missing something? I am open to suggestions.......thanks

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Let me make a flasher and have you try that and see if it fixes it, give me an hour or two.

Freedomrock

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Let me make a flasher and have you try that and see if it fixes it, give me an hour or two.

No rush from what I saw I liked the stripped down ROM. I will certainly give it another try. Awesome of you to respond so quickly!

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

No problems on my end that I can see. I miss the green Harmonia boot logo but the first Android is a thing of beauty.

Wait, should I not be giving this stuff away for those who haven't flashed yet?

Freedomrock

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Try this:
Harmonia_1.8_OV_Sync_Patch.zip

It may fix it, it may do nothing.
You may have to do a fresh install, then apply this before putting in your account info.
Either way, let me know.

I went ahead and gave it a shot and no joy. I did a total wipe, fresh install and then booted up. I then booted into recovery and ran the patch then rebooted. Set up google account and tried to sync and nothing. I gave it a good ten minutes.

I am not sure if this matters but this is a new Optimus V. My old Optimus V phone died after repeated drops. I am pretty sure this is not user error on my end but you never know. I can flash and sync the other IHO ROMs.

Thanks for trying.

Freedomrock

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I went ahead and gave it a shot and no joy. I did a total wipe, fresh install and then booted up. I then booted into recovery and ran the patch then rebooted. Set up google account and tried to sync and nothing. I gave it a good ten minutes.

I am not sure if this matters but this is a new Optimus V. My old Optimus V phone died after repeated drops. I am pretty sure this is not user error on my end but you never know. I can flash and sync the other IHO ROMs.

Thanks for trying.

Edit - Ha! I spoke to soon. I went ahead and flashed one more time and score! Everything syncd. Thanks and well done.

Freedomrock

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for trying.

I gave it one more shot and this time it worked! This may post twice, i saw message about post going to moderator, not sure why. Thanks again!

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

I too am using 2.5 and I'm curious as to what 'problems' existed. I've not run in to many myself thus far and have attributed to most if not all to other things. Could you please list a 'changelog'.

I have run in to certain issues I've not figured out yet since rooting and using this Rom. Specifically they are:

Skype speakerphone doesn't work anymore, not sure what the heck, it worked before.
Now when I plugin my headphones to skype it thinks it's a headset not headphons (so internal mic doesn't work anymore), it didn't before.

Aside from that everything works perfectly.
I'd very much like to know if this is truly worth it, as I've got the phone running/setup and I'm not sure what these updates are.

Thank you very very much for your hard work, efforts, they are truly and sincerely appreciated.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I too am using 2.5 and I'm curious as to what 'problems' existed. I've not run in to many myself thus far and have attributed to most if not all to other things. Could you please list a 'changelog'.

I have run in to certain issues I've not figured out yet since rooting and using this Rom. Specifically they are:

Skype speakerphone doesn't work anymore, not sure what the heck, it worked before.
Now when I plugin my headphones to skype it thinks it's a headset not headphons (so internal mic doesn't work anymore), it didn't before.

Aside from that everything works perfectly.
I'd very much like to know if this is truly worth it, as I've got the phone running/setup and I'm not sure what these updates are.

Thank you very very much for your hard work, efforts, they are truly and sincerely appreciated.
Quite a few bugs were fixed, (camera!), a few apps (Play and Gmail) were updated as well.
I don't have an exact list because Mrg666 builds me sort of a hybrid, mostly pure IHO, with a few tweaks, and then I work from there. I could look at changelogs, but I really hate doing that, lol.

If things are working and you are happy with what you have, then there isn't a pressing reason to update really, but I suspect you will probably have some things fixed. What you could do is do a nandroid backup and give it a try, if it doesn't improve, just restore your backup.

Take a look at my backup and restore guide, you can do a complete changeover in 10-20 minutes.

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

Quite a few bugs were fixed, (camera!), a few apps (Play and Gmail) were updated as well.
I don't have an exact list because Mrg666 builds me sort of a hybrid, mostly pure IHO, with a few tweaks, and then I work from there. I could look at changelogs, but I really hate doing that, lol.

If things are working and you are happy with what you have, then there isn't a pressing reason to update really, but I suspect you will probably have some things fixed. What you could do is do a nandroid backup and give it a try, if it doesn't improve, just restore your backup.

Take a look at my backup and restore guide, you can do a complete changeover in 10-20 minutes.

Awesome, I'll go ahead and do that now, thank you very much for the response!.
Oddly, I'd taken photos and camera seemed just fine for me.

I've noticed the filename contains 'OV' in it. I do not believe I have an OV (I have an old model), is this still fine for me?.

Skip This, It states clearly in the post it works on all models of the Optimus V.
Thank you once again, very much appreciated!!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed the filename contains 'OV' in it. I do not believe I have an OV (I have an old model), is this still fine for me?.
You're welcome!

I have to designate them as OV for my own internal use as there is now a matching Harmonia 2.x for the Evo 4g.

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Try this:
Harmonia_1.8_OV_Sync_Patch.zip

It may fix it, it may do nothing.
You may have to do a fresh install, then apply this before putting in your account info.
Either way, let me know.

I might actually need this, myself, in case there's another contact sync issue. Possibly add this to the OP? Also, clearing market data did the trick, got my apps back :) Other than that, no other problems to report. Harmonia remains a valiant warrior leading the pack of minimalist roms lol.

Reactions: LeslieAnn

slutyman321

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

can someone make a froyo status bar for gingerbread like a theme to flash in recovery

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon