[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2.07 6May12 (IHO Gingerbread)

As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with MMS on Virgin, and I can't imagine why it would be broke on both 1 and 2. That sounds like an issue with Virgin, but I would try another rom just to verify.
Thanks! I'll have my friend make sure her plan includes picture messaging. I forgot the obvious question and figured it was something technical. :doh!:

For using MMS on Sprint, that is a different matter, the two MMS systems are incompatible. Go sms might do it, but odds are you will need to swap the cdmasmsdispatcher, apns-conf.xml and two lines in the build.prop.
I'll pretend that I understood all of that when I only got about half of it. I've always had the sneaking feeling that all GO SMS needed to function on the Opti S without the stock MMS app was some user agent string or something, but I've not been able to figure out what it is to date. I'll explore these two files (other than build.prop) when I have more time. Thanks for the guidance!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I'll pretend that I understood all of that when I only got about half of it. I've always had the sneaking feeling that all GO SMS needed to function on the Opti S without the stock MMS app was some user agent string or something, but I've not been able to figure out what it is to date. I'll explore these two files (other than build.prop) when I have more time. Thanks for the guidance!
Sometimes Go will do it, sometimes not.

The cdma file isn't super hard to swap, but it's not easy either unless you are setup to do it, which I am. I'm curious why you are running this on an S though. Not that you are the first to do it. Once I get Harmonia operating properly again, I can make a version with Sprint mms, it's only a few extra minutes. I'd be curious to see how it works.

Reactions: epidenimus

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Sometimes Go will do it, sometimes not.

The cdma file isn't super hard to swap, but it's not easy either unless you are setup to do it, which I am. I'm curious why you are running this on an S though. Not that you are the first to do it. Once I get Harmonia operating properly again, I can make a version with Sprint mms, it's only a few extra minutes. I'd be curious to see how it works.
I am installing this ROM on a friend's Opti V and that is where the probs occurred with MMS.

Concurrently, I am open to learning hack-abouts to get GO SMS working on the S and other devices, as I often find that 3rd party apps do a better job. I think it's a sham that one should have to keep a stock app in place when a suitable replacement is found and chosen. It is not inline with the modularity aspect that I so appreciate with Linux, makes additional hassle and requires workarounds, and takes up precious internal storage.

Apologies if I misconvulfigatized the two devices. :confused:

EDIT: If you do decide to dev something for the S, I'd be happy to test it. Currently running thekraven's CM7 on ZVD, so should be mildly compatible with something from Harmonia 2. Or I could try Harmonia with an S-based kernel... Semper Gumbi.

Last edited:

marlo222

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

Play store has been having some issues with the latest updates. There is talk all over the place about it.

You have to clear market cache and framework cache.

Hi, just wanted to make sure i got it right, with 2.06, apps i had installed before would install ok, with 2.07 i started getting the "missing shared library", went back to 2.06 and had no problems with the apps i had before with 2.07.
So installing 2.07 and then clearing the market cache and framework cache will fix this?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

No, clearing the market cache and framework cache clears the Play error saying purchase error.

marlo222

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the clarification. As I was waiting for my phone to recharge, I went back to 2.07 just now (just did a wipe of cache and divlak cache as i had done before) and now the apps that i couldn't download before with 2.07 loaded just fine (still running the same kernel i had before).
I had done the switch back and forth the last couple of days between 2.06 and 2.07 and everytime 07 would not download the same apps that 06 would.
Not sure whats going on but i'll test 07 now and see if any apps give me any problems.

Last edited:

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
2 sets of "noobie" questions:
1) is it possible to install themes for Harmonia 2 other than the 2 stock themes? And how?
2) I am happily running Harmonia 2.06 now. What are the advantages of .07 over .06? How difficult is to install? What are the steps to install over.06?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

If 6 is running good, stay with it for the moment. 7 has some fixes, but is having an issue with the Play Store.

As for the themes, use UOT Kitchen or the theme system for CyanogenMod.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Concurrently, I am open to learning hack-abouts to get GO SMS working on the S and other devices, as I often find that 3rd party apps do a better job.

This may help?

In GoSMS, go to Settings > MMS settings, check Fill APN configuration manually, set MMSC to http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms? MMS PROXY = 205.239.233.136 and MMS PORT to 81

Apologies if I misconvulfigatized the two devices.

I tried to pronounce this word for like...5 minutes. lol

Reactions: epidenimus

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Just installed this on a friend's phone. Sleek, clean, and shiny! :)

Only question we have is: MMS? She can receive pics but not send. This was an issue in Harmonia 1.6 as well, from which I upgraded it. (Yes, I did a clean wipe of all the necessaries through Bobzhome recovery.) I did not apply the new radio update. Ideas or hints?

Try the Handcent SMS. I've tried both Go SMS and Handcent and prefer Handcent because it is alot more customizable.

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks much! Will do a search and will wait a little longer on 07. Can 07 be installed right over 06? How would that be done?

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

2 sets of "noobie" questions:
1) is it possible to install themes for Harmonia 2 other than the 2 stock themes? And how?
2) I am happily running Harmonia 2.06 now. What are the advantages of .07 over .06? How difficult is to install? What are the steps to install over.06?

As to your first question - I am running the Go Launcher on my V and absolutely love it. You can get lots of free themes and mix and match parts of them with your own backgrounds, basically make it look like you really want it to.

driya2010

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

This post is first of all to thank LeslieAnn who not only has given us a great ROM in Harmonia but also has written variety of information in easy to read and understand posts. I also realize that the ROM is also inclusive of many other's work - JerryScipt, tuvall, BobZHome and of course the CyanogenMod people. A big thanks goes out to them as well. All of you made a simple phone, a great one with the right software.

I have a Optimus V which is my first smartphone bought in August last year. I did not use it much initally except for call and texts. It was fine for these as I have decent signal at both home and at work. I slowly started using apps like ebay, some to do list, shopping lists, gmail, yahoo mail. They woked ok but many times were very sluggish and made me not use them that often. I did read comments about rooting and installing rom to make the phone more interesting. I did not know they will improve the speed and make it more appealing. I am tech person but was pretty lazy to install adb and other stuff to root. Then I saw this app called Gingerbreak which was supposed to one-click root. I tried several times the app but it never worked for me.

Then few days ago, I saw the page that described exploit for the phones with VMZ9 radio update. I saw that I did not have that update. I installed that update as my phone was not rooted at that time and followed the steps in that post (thanks jcase and JerryScript). I read through the different ROMs and I liked Harmonia for its description of being simple and as close to stock as possible and installed the 1.8 version. I was very happy with the performance. So, I decided to go fancy and went to 2.06 and then 2.07 version. In between I did try the other ROMs but came back to Harmonia for its simplicity and seemed to be made to order for what I wanted.

I installed Juice Defender, changed the governor to SmartAssv2 and set the min clock to 480Hz and max clock to 844Hz. Now the phone works beautifully and am might happy with it. It is as if I got a new phone on turbo. Thanks all the devs.

Harmonia 2.07 + Juice Defender + CPU settings = LG Optimus V turbo

P.S. Apologize for the huge post.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Now the phone works beautifully and am might happy with it. It is as if I got a new phone on turbo.
It really does make a huge difference, it's amazing how poor the stock rom really is.

Just putting on a rom, you get an immediate 25% speed boost, more if you overclock.

At 844, a stock phone would have to run a little over 1000mhz to keep up with your phone (based on benchmarks).

Glad you are enjoying your phone. :)

AwildKiwi

May 7, 2012
Visit site

Came back to Harmonia. Just started experimenting with flashing my phone and tried most other roms out there and there are either too many problems with stability or they are just god awful. I sure hope the messaging straightens out. But for the most part I love this one.

Last edited:

randomosity117

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Running harmonia 2.07 and having zero issues :] i have handcent sms and for mms messaging go to the stock messaging app settings and check (activate) auto retrieve and auto delete and deselect everything else. Make sure handcent or gosms arent the default messaging apps. That should work, it works for me on handcent sms, which is my favorite. I havent had any problems with my restored apps or downloading apps, but ill let you know if i do. Not a single reboot either. So far harmonia is euphoria on my phone:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol