[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2.07 6May12 (IHO Gingerbread)

I gave it a shot at making my first boot animation for my OV. I posted the download in the forum entitled "Custom Boot Animations" if anyone else wants to try it out. I hope to make a few more if i can find the time.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

2.07 should be pulled or at least a note about incompatibility issues with many apps. Harmonia releases are usually very good and do not need anything else, like 2.07 needs gapps and market fix for many. Just my two cents, I am back to 2.06 which has been a better version all around for me, splash screens are better too.

A few months ago, after the new phones came out, 3 people had problems installing a version of Harmonia. One user went to all of the various forums for the OV and spread word that it wasn't working right and that I was doing nothing.

Yes, 3 people had problems, but the rom had been installed 1500 times already!
Those 3 people had issues on their phones, a bad flash, bad download, bad restore or just a fickle phone, but because I did nothing and he saw problems on the forums, I was a bad developer for not fixing it.

See, you guys see the error reports, but you don't know how many downloads there are so you have no context.

Right now, of all the problems being reported, even if you count those using Titanium Backup (because hate to tell you guys, but that is likely a huge part of your problem), less than 2% of people using Harmonia 2.07 are having issues. Less than half if you discount TB users (which honestly, I almost always do).

The fact that that some are having problems, tells me there could be something minor, but the actual numbers tells me that it's more than likely an issue with your phone, bad download, Play Store problem, backup restore issue, fickle memory, or who knows what else, but 1-2% isn't time to go running and screaming and claiming there is a rom issue. 1-2% is actually below the hardware failure rate for the phone!

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

LesslieAnn,

Don't let the haters get to you! The rest of us really appreciate the hard work you put into what you do. As you said most problems are minor glitches that have absolutely nothing to do with the ROM itself. I have been very happy using Harmonia 2.06 and 2.07. Without out people like you alot of us wouldn't even have had the experience of seeing how crappy stock phones really are. You are appreciated by many so please keep up the great work!

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I'd be interested to know what others use in place of Titanium. I've been using it from the beginning and didn't know there were issues. I'd be totally willing to try something else.

primalist

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Running 2.07 flawlessly, as is my girlfriend after I flashed it for her. Best version yet. Thanks for your continued efforts making the OV a phone way more capable than it otherwise would be. OV owners are quite lucky to have you and the other devs on our side.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd be interested to know what others use in place of Titanium. I've been using it from the beginning and didn't know there were issues. I'd be totally willing to try something else.

I'd also like to know what other's are using for backup as well. I am using Mybackup root.

Also, I'm still loving Harmonia so thanks to LeslieAnn for developing it!

Last edited:

Garymeister

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

I can't find BeweatherPro on market. When I checked purchased apps it says it is no longer compatible with my device. I just recently flashed 2.07, it worked fine on 2.03. Is it an update issue?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Titanium Backup does a lot of cool things, unfortunately it's also far more complicated than it needs to be in order to do most other things.

Mybackup Root, or Mybackup Pro is so much simpler.
Also, you shouldn't restore system settings... EVER! Even if you put the same rom back on. You don't know if it got everything or it's compatible. You also should put apps back, and then put data back second, a two step process. Some apps do not deal well with having it put back in a single step.

I can't find BeweatherPro on market. When I checked purchased apps it says it is no longer compatible with my device. I just recently flashed 2.07, it worked fine on 2.03. Is it an update issue?
Something didn't flash properly.

Reactions: Dave Begue

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

"Also, you shouldn't restore system settings... EVER! Even if you put the same rom back on. You don't know if it got everything or it's compatible. You also should put apps back, and then put data back second, a two step process. Some apps do not deal well with having it put back in a single step."

And that's why copy and paste was invented. Good stuff to know. I didn't realize apps and data should be done separately, for instance. Into Evernote that hot tip goes.

Dave Begue

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

dumb guy/neewb question - when I flash a new rom do I automatically get a new kernel too? :-\

Garymeister

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

I reverted to 2.06 from 2.07 and everything works perfectly now. I will backup and try 2.07 again later, thanks again for this awesome ROM :)

sheureka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I've also had to go back to 2.06. Audubon Birds won't run at all on 2.07, even after a complete wipe, and I really need to use it. 2.06 which has been flawless for me. - sheureka

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

ive got harmonia and iho as my top installs and backed up for use when i need to go between the two. and have never had an issue out of leslies harmonia or jerryscripts iho. to me they function better than the original ever did. the app issues seem to be isolated. because im definitely not experiencing them. some app issues related to downloading from market are just that,market based issues. i dont think the roms are the issue.

Reactions: LeslieAnn

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

Titanium Backup does a lot of cool things, unfortunately it's also far more complicated than it needs to be in order to do most other things.

Mybackup Root, or Mybackup Pro is so much simpler.
Also, you shouldn't restore system settings... EVER! Even if you put the same rom back on. You don't know if it got everything or it's compatible. You also should put apps back, and then put data back second, a two step process. Some apps do not deal well with having it put back in a single step.

Something didn't flash properly.

another great backup app is App Backup & Restore. Its so simple its painful. Now it doesnt do much but backup apps. But for what it does,its the easiest thing there is.

Reactions: LeslieAnn

Dave Begue

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

After, not at the same time. Well, almost, you can flash it while you're still in recovery, after you've flashed the ROM.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Ok - so I flash the latest Harmonia, then if I wanted to I could flash a kernel? What are the benefits of a different kernel? Where do you get kernels from? Are there any compatability issues between kernels and roms? :confused:

nevermind - I found this answer in Leslie Ann's guide:
"Kernels
While we used to have quite a few kernels to pick from, and they are still a few floating around, the best kernel is the one that came with the rom you are using. Today, that pretty much means the modded Picasticks in Harmonia 1x or the IHO kernel found in IHO roms, most or all of which use the Bobzhome kernel. The other kernels either don't work with all phones, or are old and/or bloated for use on the Optimus V."

Last edited:

yeshuapoppy

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

Regarding incompatibility with market apps:
I installed Harmonia 2.07 on my wife's phone last week and could not load Heytell back. After much digging, I found Heytell is compatible with Optimus MQSTZ but not VC... Further, I compared a market search using Optimus S with Optimus V and found OV has many fewer market apps compatible. These phones are identical. I suspect VM has limited apps to their OV users. You will not discover this until you reinstall from the market!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy