[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2.08 19May12 (IHO Gingerbread)

Leslie Ann? Is Mediafire down, every time I click on download, it sends me to a blank webpage....
It works for me, and considering the number of downloads, it must be for others as well.

What exactly was updated in 2.08? I'm curious, I don't want to update if I have no need lol.
It's updated to Cm IHO dated the 15th, which also updated the Mirage kernel, for exact details there, Mrg666's updates would tell you more.

As for what else is done, it fixes voice search and app compatibility issues that 2.07 had.
So far I would say this is one of the better Harmonia builds.

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Is anyone else having an issue with their home button not working after updating? I completely wiped using LA's zip file before installing the updated version but still i managed to screw something up. Lol! It's not a big deal as i can just use button savior like i do on my nook tablet. But if there is a quick fix i could do, i might as well do it now because i see no reason to change roms again in the near future as LesslieAnn once again did a great job with this update. Thanks yet again! :D

Just sooo happy to be able to use the voice feature again for texting. I was a little lost without out it.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone else having an issue with their home button not working after updating? I completely wiped using LA's zip file before installing the updated version but still i managed to screw something up. Lol! It's not a big deal as i can just use button savior like i do on my nook tablet. But if there is a quick fix i could do, i might as well do it now because i see no reason to change roms again in the near future as LesslieAnn once again did a great job with this update. Thanks yet again! :D

Just sooo happy to be able to use the voice feature again for texting. I was a little lost without out it.

Somehow I had left out voice search last time. :-[

As for this, it sounds like a flashing issue. As near as I can tell, this version seems to work quite well.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Sheer perfection over here. I've been tinkering with everything and haven't found even the tiniest glitch. Typical Harmonious spectactitude. (It is SO a real word. You could look it up. But don't.)

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

So I did a test that I have never done with this ROM until just this morning. I charged my phone last night then bump charged it all the way. Turned on 3g all day and left it on with my screen at half brightness. No overclock. 245 min 600 max w/ smartassv2. With moderate use of checking facebook, using tapatalk and using facebook messenger I have my phone at 56% battery at a time of 8hours 30 minutes on the battery. Plus I made like 7, 10 minutes phone calls so. This ROM is the definition of battery power. It truly is. I will be using it as my daily driver until ICSandwich is updated or Quattrimus is a stable beta. Thanks Leslieann!

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Somehow I had left out voice search last time. :-[

As for this, it sounds like a flashing issue. As near as I can tell, this version seems to work quite well.

Turns out I was too busy updating apparently and stuff to simply try rebooting again. I know I should've tried that as one of the first things. Stupidity on my part, sorry. Everything seems to be working great! Thanks!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I'll try this ASAP (perhaps later tonight). Is it possible to add some of the extras that are zipped for Harmonia 1.x, like the sounds and ringtones zip?

Currently, I don't have a sd-ext partition. I've done some research on this, and it appears that if I create one, I'd be able to load bigger (or just more) apps on my phone. Right now, the biggest app I have on mine is the original Angry Birds, at around 15 MB. I've also looked into using link2sd for linking apps to that partition... just wondering if that would help as well.

Last one... is it a good idea to run a swap file or swap partition for this phone? I might try this, too.

Thanks for any help on those issues.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

So I did a test that I have never done with this ROM until just this morning. I charged my phone last night then bump charged it all the way. Turned on 3g all day and left it on with my screen at half brightness. No overclock. 245 min 600 max w/ smartassv2. With moderate use of checking facebook, using tapatalk and using facebook messenger I have my phone at 56% battery at a time of 8hours 30 minutes on the battery. Plus I made like 7, 10 minutes phone calls so. This ROM is the definition of battery power. It truly is. I will be using it as my daily driver until ICSandwich is updated or Quattrimus is a stable beta. Thanks Leslieann!

You're welcome. :)

By the way, you aren't doing yourself any favor with your 245 minimum, it's counter productive. Jump it to 480, it won't hurt you and will likely give you even more battery.

I'll try this ASAP (perhaps later tonight). Is it possible to add some of the extras that are zipped for Harmonia 1.x, like the sounds and ringtones zip?
You can use the wallpapers, ringtones and LauncherPro theme from Harmonia 1, everything else will bork your phone.

Reactions: daffy_duck_nj

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Alrighty. Jumped it to 480.

I am one of those people who wants to maximize battery because I use my phone all day and I am out usually all day. No time to charge it XD

randomosity117

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
One sort of annoying thing I've noticed is whn I unlock my phone sometimes, after I slide the tag it just freezes like that till the screen times out. Then I try again and it all goes smoothly. Anybody know what could be causing this?

Tapatalkin' from my Harmonious HoneyCombSandwich

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Which ext is required For Harmonia? And will it work automatically when Done setting it up?

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

DraeHD

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

It works for me, and considering the number of downloads, it must be for others as well.

It's updated to Cm IHO dated the 15th, which also updated the Mirage kernel, for exact details there, Mrg666's updates would tell you more.

As for what else is done, it fixes voice search and app compatibility issues that 2.07 had.
So far I would say this is one of the better Harmonia builds.

Thanks for the response Leslie, I'll be sure to update later on, can't do it now, but I will check it out.

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Alrighty. Jumped it to 480.

I am one of those people who wants to maximize battery because I use my phone all day and I am out usually all day. No time to charge it XD

If you are really concerned about battery life, you might want to consider an "extended battery". I recently purchased one from a seller on ebay for under $15. It is rated at 3600 mAh as compared to the stock 1500 mAh and comes with a new back cover to hide the extra juice. Yes it does make your phone just a little bulkier, BUT by using the new battery and the cyanogen mode settings/power bar, I am now ableto go for 2 or 3 DAYS without a charge! Using the power bar to turn off either wifi (if i'm not in a wifi area, or simply don't need it) or mobile data/syncing (when my phone is in my pocket and i have no need for it to be on) has made a tremendous improvement. If you are interested in any more info on the exact seller i purchased it from or any other questions, msg me as i am not attempting to act as a promo for a 3rd party and posting their info here.

BTW - running at 480-844

Last edited:
Reactions: Garymeister

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow. This is why I shouldn't do geek stuff at 3 a.m. Got excited about the new version and went right for it. Booted into recovery and cleared cache, system and boot. Then I realized I hadn't downloaded the 2.08 zip file onto my SD card. So I went back a screen and rebooted. Blue screen of death followed, with a bunch of gibberish. Pulled the battery and tried again. Same thing. Horror! Fortunately, using the button sequence to reboot into recovery worked just fine. Restoring from the backup (I made that just before clearing cache, etc.) as we speak. I'm a dolt. Still not sure what went wrong, though.

The "blue screen of death" is fast boot. If you format boot in recovery, it automatically will boot to fast boot (unless you flash a ROM AFTER wiping). It removes all of the files contained in the boot.img, including the kernel. This is why roms don't boot if you flash then format boot. If you are flashing a different rom I would recommend wiping boot also before installing though.

Dave Begue

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

"I added a donate button next to the download link."

Leslie Ann - um dudette - your donate button needs to be much bigger and hot pink... It is hard to find! ;)

classpro

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

After all the praise, I think I need to find one quibble - a small one. The search results in Google Play are not very good. Is this a fingerprint issue or something like that? Everything else seems perfect so far.

_Severability_

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Good Lordy LeslieAnn I have to get a boot manager.. With that kernel I'm going to try it soon still playing with the Bobz rom with the same kernel.. I have no doubt this is your best effort on this rom to date.. I owe you a donation will hit you up soon..Thx Hey I love a smartass2 hehe..

Last edited:

randomosity117

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone else have Google contact sync.issues or was that just me? I fixed it, and it was more than likely just my own error while flashing or wiping or something. I don't want to come accross as someone who just dogs on your hard work. I love this ROM and I always come back to it if I feel adventurous enough to try a different one. Definitely my favorite keep up the hard work :D

Tapatalkin' from my Harmonious HoneyCombSandwich

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37