[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

cherly09

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2.08 19May12 (IHO Gingerbread)

Quick question: I have 2.08 and every time my phone powers down (shuts off), it goes back into factory reset and I have to reinstall all my apps again (thank God for Titanium). Is that normal or is there a way around that -- other than being hyper-vigilant about the battery not running down?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Quick question: I have 2.08 and every time my phone powers down (shuts off), it goes back into factory reset and I have to reinstall all my apps again (thank God for Titanium). Is that normal or is there a way around that -- other than being hyper-vigilant about the battery not running down?

You either have a bad flash or bad backups that you are restoring from.

Deal Trees

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Ah, after a 6th time formatting and flashing this ROM, it finally loaded!!!! YAY!!! Thanks for this awesome ROM :D

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I would like to try this but I never "messed around" with the sd card before, just used it as stock. Can you please provide more info on how to do this? I would imagine once you create the partition you would have to somehow link or move files to it in order for it to be effective(?), but I don't want to screw anything up. Thanks in advance!

Some ROMs will pick up on the partition as internal memory and start putting the apps you download in there. You can also Google the data2ext mod.

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Reactions: chadilac462

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Yikes. So, I kept getting the "invalid package" errors every time I tried to install an update for Titanium Backup. I figured I could uninstall the program and then reinstall it fresh and that problem, at least, would be behind me. Bad idea. Trying to reinstall Titanium, I get the invalid error and can't do it. Probably should have foreseen that. So, I cleared cache and dalvik and cleared out the Play Store. No go. I tried Ryuk's script and it failed after the third line. No such file directory. Hairy stuff because without Titanium, I have no backup as I tinker. Although, there's the 2.07 nandroid just waiting to make these problems go away.

EDIT: Fixed the "invalid package" problem and was able to reinstall Titanium by reinstalling the Google Play Store. Just downloaded the apk and installed it over the existing copy. Titanium installed and so did the other updates that had been hung up with the invalid package error. Seems to me that this proves that it's an issue with the market, not with the ROM. Worth a shot if anyone's still seeing that problem. I DID have to use the Fix Permissions app because Titanium kept force closing. That worked like magic, though, and now everything is cop... copas... Everything is working great.

Last edited:

_Severability_

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Yikes. So, I kept getting the "invalid package" errors every time I tried to install an update for Titanium Backup. I figured I could uninstall the program and then reinstall it fresh and that problem, at least, would be behind me. Bad idea. Trying to reinstall Titanium, I get the invalid error and can't do it. Probably should have foreseen that. So, I cleared cache and dalvik and cleared out the Play Store. No go. I tried Ryuk's script and it failed after the third line. No such file directory. Hairy stuff because without Titanium, I have no backup as I tinker. Although, there's the 2.07 nandroid just waiting to make these problems go away.

EDIT: Fixed the "invalid package" problem and was able to reinstall Titanium by reinstalling the Google Play Store. Just downloaded the apk and installed it over the existing copy. Titanium installed and so did the other updates that had been hung up with the invalid package error. Seems to me that this proves that it's an issue with the market, not with the ROM. Worth a shot if anyone's still seeing that problem. I DID have to use the Fix Permissions app because Titanium kept force closing. That worked like magic, though, and now everything is cop... copas... Everything is working great.

Yeah I had to do the fix permissions too.. Same problem with titanium.. She's purring like a happy Cat now..

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

anyone else sense a recurring theme?

I swear, it's the craziest thing. I can't wait for a fix honestly, because Harmonia is probably the most amazing ROM I've ever tried out. It's like BACKside but with a lot less (unnecessary) apps for more storage! Plus, it's stable, and the ICS theme is beast. This little issue is my only complaint.
Love it.

Ron Scubadiver

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

I recently switched to Harmonia from IHO. Mainly, I like having cyan colored icons instead of green. I don't miss the complexity of ADW. Also, the new boot animation on IHO is kind of a turn off with the mooning robot. Who knows, Jerry might come back from his vacation some day. Both roms work well. It is nice to have a choice.

Photography at: Ron Scubadiver's Photo Houston

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I just want to say that I don't have the package error, I have a "purchase error". When trying to download a app from the play store, it says that there was a problem processing the purchase, or something like that.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Go into settings-manage apps, select all apps and scroll down to Google services framework. Clear the cache and data, then reboot. Found this solution on xda after a Google search. Seems to be an issue with the play store and not ROM related as it is affecting a number of different devices.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Go into settings-manage apps, select all apps and scroll down to Google services framework. Clear the cache and data, then reboot. Found this solution on xda after a Google search. Seems to be an issue with the play store and not ROM related as it is affecting a number of different devices.

Thank you for this ^^.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

anyone else sense a recurring theme?

Yep!!

I've noticed that Titanium does not deal well with scripts that move Cache around, and it really does not like the ad2sdx script that my rom users for the sd-ext partition. I've never really cared for the app, and the develops of MyBackup Root gave me permission to us there app as a system app.

_Severability_

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Ok so here is the $64,000 question then.. Is there a backup app that doesn't "F" up with this ROM or others?? Paid or other wise cuz I don't need that again..

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante