[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

chellebelle

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I figured out my incompatiblity problem. I'm ashamed to say, that I did not have 2.08 installed (as I'd earlier stated), I had 2.07. It was as I went to re-flash that I noticed my error. I flashed w/ 2.08 and my incompatibility problem seems fixed. Unfortunately, that did leave me once again with the Market Issues; but the last time I had this issue, I found the following steps in a forum (I wish I had taken note who had posted this, so that I could give credit, unfortunately, I did not). Hopefully, others can find it useful, it works great for me.
1. move or delete 01mvdalvik from /system/etc/init.d
2. reboot
3. remove the same file again (if it's back)
4. go to settings>applications>manage applications>google play store and hit clear data
5. reboot to recovery
6. wipe cache and dalvik cache
7. reboot
additionally, I use S2E with great success.

I had to do this to get the package file invalid error to stop, I couldn't even install from titanium or sideload anything. I searched all day yesterday looking for a way to fix it and came across the in android forums, I believe. I think Jerry was the original poster, but I'm not 100% there, I was just so happy that worked. I'd been fighting for a day and a half, I could get about half but apparently installed before it started, then couldn't do anything. I also use s2e and love it, mostly because it moves everything and not just the application itself. My internal memory is always completely empty :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Rayz321

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2.08 19May12 (IHO Gingerbread)

Okay so this is absolutely my favorite ROM of all time! :D I've tried many ROMs and none can compare.
So I'm thinking of purchasing and LG Optimus S(because S costs less than v) to use as a WiFi only device(it's actually for my mom to have to play with haha) but I was wondering if I tried to root and flash with this ROM would there be any problems or could you port it over for me if it's not too much work?

Thanks a bunch!

srojtas

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Okay in continuation with my previous post. I figured out why it was crashing. I had to use a PC to copy the zip file over to flash with. When I copied it with my Mac, it was adding some files to the SD card that were causing the phone to crash.

Problem solved!

Reactions: LeslieAnn

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Okay so this is absolutely my favorite ROM of all time! :D I've tried many ROMs and none can compare.
So I'm thinking of purchasing and LG Optimus S(because S costs less than v) to use as a WiFi only device(it's actually for my mom to have to play with haha) but I was wondering if I tried to root and flash with this ROM would there be any problems or could you port it over for me if it's not too much work?

Thanks a bunch!
With the newer display drivers, it may work out of the box, but I'm not sure.
You can get used OV's for $20 or so, used.

If nothing else, find a basic GB rom and do what is listed in the first post, that will get you 95% of what's here. I remove a lot and only add a tiny bit, these roms are very simple.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Okay in continuation with my previous post. I figured out why it was crashing. I had to use a PC to copy the zip file over to flash with. When I copied it with my Mac, it was adding some files to the SD card that were causing the phone to crash.

Problem solved!

Interesting, I know Mac likes to leave files, but never heard of that.

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

First and foremost let me say I've upgraded to 2.08 (love the lockscreen font) and overall it seems faster/more awesome!. With that said, I thank anyone in advance for answers to these questions!

1) I have tested MMS (picture sending and mms emoticon sending) to/from 4 different phones (all old OV's running harmonia 2.08) and all fail to send/receive these.

I've been reading up on this and I think It may because of my ClockWorkMod (I somehow ended up using v4.0.1.5 I'm guessing this is beyond horridly out of date), if so, is that why mms fails? and if that will fix it, to what do you recommend I upgrade and how (do I have to re install everything to upgrade CWM? :( )

I found an old thread here stating that Harmonia had fixed this issue long long ago, so I'm a bit confused

2) I've noticed two new apps (spare parts: very awesome) and vmroms. Is vmroms needed (may I delete it safely?) I've poked around it, not very much in need of it.

3) I recently rooted a OV (one of the ones I mentioned before) and first tried Harmonia1 (Newest), after install it would get stuck at the LG logo (it would blip twice and then freeze there). After cleaning & installing Harmonia2 it worked no problems. (I tried it twice to make sure I wasn't crazy, re-downloaded, etc etc). I'm fine with H2 instead, so It's ok but I figured I'd mention that it happened (for no apparent reason!).

Cheers, and thank you for the assistance!.Hands down fantastic and GREATLY appreciated work LeslieAnn!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Mms works, always has, it's not your recovery, it's your phone. Same with Harmonia 1. The newer phones have fickle memory that doesn't take flashing well.

Add for the apps, yea you can remove it, in fact you can uninstall it from app settings, you don't need a file manager. It was put in the data folder specifically so that you could.

randomosity117

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
As for the mms issues, are you using the stock messenger? Make sure auto retrieve is checked. I use handcent SMS, which supports emoji being sent via mms. But you have to make the stock app the default, check auto delete and auto retrieve and uncheck everything else in the stock messenger settings. Then using handcent you can send and receive messages. Just don't make it the default in handcents settings (you can make it default when, for instance, you hit a contact picture, hit the messaging icon, and a pop up asks "complete action using" and you can choose it and check the box that makes it default for that action) hope this helpshelps

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

Mms works, always has, it's not your recovery, it's your phone. Same with Harmonia 1. The newer phones have fickle memory that doesn't take flashing well.

Add for the apps, yea you can remove it, in fact you can uninstall it from app settings, you don't need a file manager. It was put in the data folder specifically so that you could.
Thank you for letting me know, As said I've tried it on four of these phones (my friends and I all have the OptimusV, etc). Glad to know about the vmroms!

As for the mms issues, are you using the stock messenger? Make sure auto retrieve is checked. I use handcent SMS, which supports emoji being sent via mms. But you have to make the stock app the default, check auto delete and auto retrieve and uncheck everything else in the stock messenger settings. Then using handcent you can send and receive messages. Just don't make it the default in handcents settings (you can make it default when, for instance, you hit a contact picture, hit the messaging icon, and a pop up asks "complete action using" and you can choose it and check the box that makes it default for that action) hope this helpshelps

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
I've tried Regular and Handcent on them (sending emojicons as well). I'll try this further and update!

Thank you both for quick responses!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Actually, now I kind of wonder if maybe the recovery is the problem for many people. Some seem to have no issue and others, lots of issues, that may be the common link, then again it could just be some newer phones are more fickle than others.

Reactions: vagotis

sheureka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I was having lots of problems with installing apps (the packet file error) so I did a complete wipe and it's been running very, very smoothly ever since. Highly recommend anyone try that first before spending a lot of time with the "fixes". - sheureka

anon(471323)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

I'd like to remove the "Videos" App that came installed with this ROM but I cannot find the .apk file, could anyone point me to it.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Well, here's a new one. Ran into trouble tonight trying to run "fix permissions" through recovery. It just froze. Ended up doing a battery pull and rebooting. Of course, when it got booted up, the phone was inoperable so I tried another fix permission and reboot. Same deal. So, last resort -- restoring from Nandroid backup. I have three such backups and attempts to restore then give me the message "MD5 mismatch! Which is just alarming as hell because I thought the Nandroid was always a way out of a mess. So, I'm sitting here trying to think of what to do next, and when I look at my phone, it's going through the restore process. It DID restore – to Harmonia 2.03, from way back in March, I think. Just crazy. I guess my question is: is there any way to make those other Nandroid backups work, in spite of the MD mismatch message? Always new and interesting way of borking things over here.

*I HAD renamed the Nandroid backups, which I didn't realize was a no-no.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

maybe if you rename them back ? :confused:
I was thinking of that. Only, my chances of renaming it perfectly are pretty slim. I had renamed them with the pertinent info: Harmonia2.8 and the date, I think. Probably could be done if I was really careful to match the naming convention. Thanks for the suggestion. Right now I'm kind of restoring things and preparing to re-flash 2.08. Tedious.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, my phone is pretty well borked. No sign of Titanium and it's the old "package file invalid" error when I try to restore it. Nasty situation. If anyone knows of a way I can use that Nandroid backup, in spite of the renaming, I'd love to hear it.

* Problem sort of solved. Re-flashed Harmonia 2.07 and no more package file errors. I can reload apps now, anyway. Long night. Lesson for me? Don't rename Nandroid backup files. Wow. The pain and suffering that caused.

Last edited:

Cr0ppy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Well, here's a new one. Ran into trouble tonight trying to run "fix permissions" through recovery. It just froze. Ended up doing a battery pull and rebooting. Of course, when it got booted up, the phone was inoperable so I tried another fix permission and reboot. Same deal. So, last resort -- restoring from Nandroid backup. I have three such backups and attempts to restore then give me the message "MD5 mismatch! Which is just alarming as hell because I thought the Nandroid was always a way out of a mess. So, I'm sitting here trying to think of what to do next, and when I look at my phone, it's going through the restore process. It DID restore ? to Harmonia 2.03, from way back in March, I think. Just crazy. I guess my question is: is there any way to make those other Nandroid backups work, in spite of the MD mismatch message? Always new and interesting way of borking things over here.

*I HAD renamed the Nandroid backups, which I didn't realize was a no-no.

I understand that running "fix permissions" in recovery is also a no-no! get a terminal emulator from the play store then type fix_permissions.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I wondered about that. I do have Terminal and could have gone that route, instead. The script is very small. I'll definitely use it next time.

As an aside, there's a function in Titanium Backup that's proven to be really effective. Market Update Helper, found in the market tools menu. Seems to clear up a lot of problems between your apps and the market. I was having trouble updating a few apps -- various errors, including the dreaded package file -- but after I ran that little function, all the updates went through. Still thinking about giving MyBackup a try.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac