[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

lcommadot

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys :) I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seemed as good as any. So my OV has been freezing on the Harmonia font screen since about 1 this afternoon. It was acting crappy about a half hour before that. The Android Browser, Opera Mini, and Facebook kept on FCing so I held the power button to shut it off and hit power down.When I went to restart it, it froze on the Harmonia font screen and stayed there for about 25 minutes until I finally had to pull the battery.

I took the battery out for 2 hours to see if that would help, but when I turned it on again it froze in the same spot. The font does the shimmery thing about 7 or 8 times, then stutters and resets. Then again. After a couple times it just freezes. I'm not sure what to do now?

I would REALLY appreciate some help. I'm not sure if I should wipe Dalvik from the CWM screen or if that would even help? Whatever I do, I need to make sure my texts and pictures are safe. I have important messages that I need to be able to access, as well as pics that I would like to keep. Not sure if wiping stuff would erase those? Should also mention I'm running Harmonia 2.3. Thanks in advance for any help :)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re-flash right over the top and wipe cache and dalvik.
If that fails, you will need a complete wipe.

Something caused an issue or your phone is dying.

medmansri

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to use ButtonRemapper to remap the voice search button, does anyone have the instructions please?

I'm loving this ROM so far, very stable and runs smooth! Great work LeslieAnn!

lcommadot

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Alright, well I ended up having to do a full wipe. Not too stoked about that, but at least the phone is usable again :) One last thing Leslie - I was backing up once a week with Titanium Pro, is there anything that I shouldn't restore like system apps? Does that mean I shouldn't try to retrieve my MMS stuff? Thanks again, you make the best ROM out there :)

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
It's been removed as it is a serious battery hog.
For weather and news, there is better alternatives.

If you turn off "auto refresh" in the stock news/weather app then it is no longer a battery hog. The only drawback is you have to manually refresh it every time you load it (no biggie).

I have mine backed up to Titanium and just restore it after flashing H2.

I ran into problems with restoring system settings from H2 awhile back when I was playing with moving Dalvik to SDEXT. My phone didn't like having Dalvik there at all and after three full wipe/restores of H2.08 It still was doing wonky things. I lost my camera button, my home button, intermittent crashes, etc...

I eventually figured out I would lose all that after restoring system settings from Titanium. Now I use Titanium for apps and MyBackup for system info although to be honest I haven't yet upgraded to 2.09 to try that out yet.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Alright, well I ended up having to do a full wipe. Not too stoked about that, but at least the phone is usable again :) One last thing Leslie - I was backing up once a week with Titanium Pro, is there anything that I shouldn't restore like system apps? Does that mean I shouldn't try to retrieve my MMS stuff? Thanks again, you make the best ROM out there :)

Don;t restore anything related to the system, apps and especially data.

If you turn off "auto refresh" in the stock news/weather app then it is no longer a battery hog. The only drawback is you have to manually refresh it every time you load it (no biggie).

At which point, there are better alternatives.

medmansri

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Will ask one more time. Does anyone know how to get the voice search button to work again with the Button Remapper? I see all other options except the voice search to pick from. Thanks for the help.

K-L-M

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
(Voice search button)

Hi, Go easy on me as I'm not an expert on these things, but I think I have stumbled on what you are looking for. I don't know anything about a button re-mapper but I got the voice search to work anyway. Maybe this will help.

I have Harmonia 2.09 installed on my Optimus V.

Settings > CyanogenMod settings > Input > Search key behavior > check search key app > select Custom application > Applications > (bottom of list) voice Search.

Let us know if this was what you were ultimately looking for.

K-L-M

medmansri

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
(Voice search button)

Hi, Go easy on me as I'm not an expert on these things, but I think I have stumbled on what you are looking for. I don't know anything about a button re-mapper but I got the voice search to work anyway. Maybe this will help.

I have Harmonia 2.09 installed on my Optimus V.

Settings > CyanogenMod settings > Input > Search key behavior > check search key app > select Custom application > Applications > (bottom of list) voice Search.

Let us know if this was what you were ultimately looking for.

K-L-M

Thanks for the reply. But I believe You're talking about the search button and not the voice dialer button. Maybe I wasn't clear about what I asked in the previous post. I'm wanting to change the function for the voice dialer button, the button next to the camera button. Right now it has no function after this ROM install.

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

K-L-M

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
medmansri said:
Thanks for the reply. But I believe You're talking about the search button and not the voice dialer button. Maybe I wasn't clear about what I asked in the previous post. I'm wanting to change the function for the voice dialer button, the button next to the camera button. Right now it has no function after this ROM install.

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

Ohhh...My bad. The voice dialer button next to the camera button is what you were referring to. Being I cannot speak that was the first Optimus feature for me to forget about from the get go!

I remember hundreds of posts ago on this thread that was asked about. Don't think it got answered then.

Anyway, on remapper app, I have not head anything about it and the voice dialer key.

I just went into recovery where it has a 'key test'. Recovery mode > Advanced> Key test. Voice dialer came back as code 216 on my OV.

OK, I just looked into this 'button re-mapper' app on XDA. Ohh....Now I am with you. Voice dialer is not a feature. Did you consult the button re-mapper folks on this for future development? I don't know how many phones have a voice dialer button (popularity might be an issue?), as the OV is my first smart phone. You might need to donate a OV first before they could add it :)

Have you looked into Launchkey on XDA? A cursory look there talks of the 'search key' but not the voice search button next to the camera, but you never know.

DraeHD

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Considering hopping back to Harmonia to avoid bloatware on other ROMS and get that great battery life back. Just curious, does anyone get lag in their messaging app when the text log reaches over 1000? I never delete mine....

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

nixie21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I just switched my wife to this rom. After playing with it I switched myself from bobz ics and could not be happier. thanks Leslie..

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Considering hopping back to Harmonia to avoid bloatware on other ROMS and get that great battery life back. Just curious, does anyone get lag in their messaging app when the text log reaches over 1000? I never delete mine....

Yea dat always happens wit almost every rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums