[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So when I update Maps, it downloads half way and then just proceeds to installing. A package file is invalid error then pops up. Argh, any fix?

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I got so happy that it updated an app but then it got to maps and the damn "insufficient memory" popped up again. Damn it! Thanks though, at least one app updated lol
Crap. Maps is always a problem seems like. I can't remember how I ultimately solved my insufficient memory problems when I was afflicted. If I can recall, I'll let you know. Someone else may come forth with a solution in the meantime.

esploded

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Aw man, I just tried flashing this rom (it even said "Welcome to Harmonia") and promptly rebooted the phone, but now I've been stuck on the Harmonia load screen for 10+ minutes now. Any fix?

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I kept updating it and it finally worked! For once since I've rooted my phone 3 months ago, its bug free!! Loving this rom!

Anyone know how I might be able to get Nova Launcher on this?

classpro

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I use link to SD to put as much as possible (other than widgets, keyboard) on the SD card (you have to format a separate partition on the SD card). I also close as many running programs as I can. So far I've always been able to update, and have many apps installed.

Reactions: QuinnSF

medmansri

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Got in on the Elite on the $25 plan deal and moving away from the OV. Thanks Leslie for this ROM, it was the only one I used for the entire time I had the OV.

Hope to see you make something good for the Elite in the future!

Reactions: LeslieAnn

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Nova Launcher uses some ICS API's, so it's not possible to use it on GB. Holo Launcher, though, is very similar and does work with Gingerbread.

Unfortunately I only wanted those cool swiping effects ;( Oh well, wouldve been too much of a hassle to redo homescreen anyways. Thanks though!

I use link to SD to put as much as possible (other than widgets, keyboard) on the SD card (you have to format a separate partition on the SD card). I also close as many running programs as I can. So far I've always been able to update, and have many apps installed.

Do you know a good tutorial on how to partition a SD card so these error messages won't keep popping up? I've tried following some threads but could not understand how to do it.

learning2

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this bug report will be helpful or not... I'm new to changing ROMs, so if there is any data I'm supposed to collect when I have a problem, let me know.

I'm having problems with the notification power widget. The first problem was that the "airplane" mode toggle would not work. It turns out that it wouldn't work under the network settings menu, either. It would try, but then something seemed to immediately turn 3G back on.

I could turn everything off individually under the network settings button, so I decided the easiest thing to do would be to just add the turn on/off data button to my power widget. Then I could turn everything off individually instead of with the airplane button.

However, I cannot seem to make any changes to the set of buttons in the notification power widget that stick. I can check and uncheck, but the settings do not "take."

However, since rebooting the phone, the airplane button works again.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I would check the file (MD5) and then flash again, right over the top of your current install (no wipe or fomatting, except Dalvik and Cache). That will probably clear up any issues.

Reactions: learning2

learning2

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I would check the file (MD5) and then flash again, right over the top of your current install (no wipe or fomatting, except Dalvik and Cache). That will probably clear up any issues.

I still had the zip file on the sdcard -- it still md5 checks out fine. I did go ahead and wipe dalvik and cache and re-install, though. The behavior seems to be improved.

I can now change buttons and have those changes work. However, the data on/off toggle is weird--the indicator underline on the widget never goes away, even though the "3G" indicator leaves the status bar or if I open the wireless settings it will be unchecked. I decided to just leave that button off the power bar since it was confusing. I don't really need to use it much and going through the wireless settings menu is fine.

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I have an Optimus Elite and a One V (the Elite is bricked, but oh well).
I expect to have a few roms ready for both soon.

I've been "hanging out" at XDA because... well let's face it the One V threads are pretty stale here... and I'm getting pretty sick and tired of their attitudes over there. The developers have a kind of "mightier than thou" attitude that really sucks. You don't dare ask a question without expecting an answer that belittles you.

Good thing I haven't donated to any of them. I'll just save up for Leslie! As a matter of fact I'm going to do that right now. I used the heck out of H2 when I was using my OV and for that alone she deserves a little something.

mainebearsden

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Crap, package file errors are the worst. Here's a thread I had saved on the issue. Irksome issue, that.

I spent alot time looking thru many threads and google searches and as noted in the posted thread - beyod the issues with corrupted downloads and other general memory errors - one of the limitations that the Gingerbread ROMs (at least CM7 ROM versions) have addressed is the limitations to the default size of the various protected data partisions.

Quoted from the above link:

There is a script baked into CM7 that moves DALVIK CACHE to the Cache partition (where previously it was located in the Data partition). From what I understand this was done in order to open up more space in the Data partition.

The problem with this is that once you have a certain amount of apps installed the Cache partition gets filled up. Once there is no more room for Cache files then you get the "Insufficient Space" error. Once there is no more room for Dalvik-Cache to expand then you get the "Invalid Package" error.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So while you can have a phone that has no corrupt files - no download errors and i have well over 100k free RAM to download applications - the CACHE or DALVIK CACHE partision space can be in fact full due to the number of applications you have installed. The error message is not properly alerting you to the source of the "package file is invalid" error.

Myself i just eliminated some apps I dont absolutely need but I am running 112 MB free of 178 MB total available RAM after loading Harmonia 2.09.

If you want to use more of your RAM for apps probably the best solution is to create a SD-EXT partision on your SD card and move the Dalvik Cache to an SD-Ext partition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the things i noticed today when i was trying to make a phone call to check with Charter on the status of a Internet outage was that while i was going thru the Charter automated phone attendant that i received an incoming phone call. Which this ROM allows me to receive fine but when the original phone call ended - the received incoming call was also disconnected. The standard phone application was not able to keep the foreground incoming phone call connected when the background originally dialed phone call was disconnected at the source. Perhaps this is a standard Google phone feature but i have used other non-Android phones without having the incoming phone call dropped (Motorola Razor V3xxx). I did see a manage other calls icon but the couple of times it occurred (much to annoyance of my boss) I dont remember seeing any menu coming up to cancel the other phone call or keep the incoming phone call active when i clicked on it. But since it was only alittle over minute from receiving the incoming phone call till the orginal one disconnected not sure the phone had time to respond to clicking the icon.

Is this a bug with the CM7 ROM or this version that still needs to be addressed. Persumably you would always want to keep both phone calls. There may be option in the settings to solve this or this may be something that is unique to how Virigin Mobile runs there network. But i thought it worth while to post something in case it was an obsur bug that still needs to be addressed.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85