[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Twrp is freakin awesome, it's like a real touch GUI for a recovery, install it you'll be glad you did

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If your apprehensive about flashing a newer recovery, try the Cannibal Open Touch (COT). I've tested and can verify that it does work very well indeed. It also has the "fix recovery loop" option in the advanced section (very big plus).

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been hearing a lot about COT. Might try that one first, actually. Now, when I flash a new recovery, are my existing Nandroid backups still workable? I've heard conflicting reports on that.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been hearing a lot about COT. Might try that one first, actually. Now, when I flash a new recovery, are my existing Nandroid backups still workable? I've heard conflicting reports on that.

You may get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it. Make new backups for every recovery you flash.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, flashing and calibrating that sucker couldn't have been easier. COT, that is. Looks real nice. Love the touch function. Everything seems solid. Of course, I won't know how reliable it is until I need to recovery from my new Nandroid backup, but I have faith.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Here's an odd question. I flashed COT with no trouble. Haven't used it for anything significant yet. Today, I'm getting force closes all over the place. That almost never happens. It doesn't seem likely, but can a recovery affect the normal operation of the phone?

daniel reagan

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately doing a search for "listen" "google listen" and "progress bar" gives far, far too many hits, so I am just going to ask here...

I upgraded to Harmonia 2.08 from 1.x, and love it. Except... when I am listening to a podcast, either in Listen or in BeyondPod, the progress bar does not advance unless I tap on it somewhere. If I pause and leave the Listen app and then go back into it, my only option is to hit "Listen Now" which starts over.

I upgraded to 2.09 hoping it would fix the issue, but it didn't.

Is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas on what is causing this?

hpscott

May 15, 2012
Visit site
daniel reagan: I'm having have the same issue with the audio progress bar with multiple apps, such as Akimbo (audiobook player), DoggCatcher (podcast manager / player) and OverDrive Media Console (audiobooks from public libraries).

Notably, I've tried multiple Gingerbread ROMs, such as IHO, MiRaGe and Harmonia, and they all have this issue (perhaps they're all based on the same base code?). Furthermore, the issue is not present with Harmonia's Froyo or BobZHome's ICS or Jelly Bean.

I keep thinking I must be doing something because I figure otherwise lots of people would be posting about this, but you're the first other that I've found. Please post back if you figure anything out!

hpscott

May 15, 2012
Visit site
... describes a workaround that might be implemented.

Are any developers still working on Gingerbread for the Optimus V? It looks like, for understandable reasons, development has shifted either to more recent versions of Android or, even more dramatically, more recent phones.

More specifically, I'm wondering if there's any chance for a ROM-level fix for this audio-progress bar bug, or if I should move on as well?

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Are any developers still working on Gingerbread for the Optimus V? It looks like, for understandable reasons, development has shifted either to more recent versions of Android or, even more dramatically, more recent phones.

More specifically, I'm wondering if there's any chance for a ROM-level fix for this audio-progress bar bug, or if I should move on as well?

I could look into it, what are the most popular audio book apps?