02-13-2012 06:35 PM
34 12
tools
    I know that you can force 1x data instead of 3g by switching to cdma only in the cyanogen settings. Maybe I'm saying something that's common knowledge or useless information, but if you want to slow your data, you can by switching network modes
    01-05-2012 10:01 PM
    I cannot seem to have my 3G enabled. It only enables itself when wifi is enabled. This was never a problem before with original cm7 i don't think. I'm running BACKside IHO CM7.2 on OpV 2.3.7
    01-31-2012 12:31 PM
    I know that you can force 1x data instead of 3g by switching to cdma only in the cyanogen settings. Maybe I'm saying something that's common knowledge or useless information, but if you want to slow your data, you can by switching network modes
    Will switching to 1x data help with battery drain? I don't care about data speeds as long as everything still works.

I spent some time in the hospital visiting my dad a couple of weeks ago and it had a real weak signal. As a result I was losing about 15-20% an hour of battery life without even using the phone! Would switching to 1x mode help with that?
    01-31-2012 12:58 PM
    Will switching to 1x data help with battery drain? I don't care about data speeds as long as everything still works.

I spent some time in the hospital visiting my dad a couple of weeks ago and it had a real weak signal. As a result I was losing about 15-20% an hour of battery life without even using the phone! Would switching to 1x mode help with that?
    1x would probably drain your battery faster, it would make your phone work longer and harder to load everything that requires data. Your best bet would be to use airplane mode when you have a bad signal

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    01-31-2012 01:57 PM
    Yes but then I can't receive calls or texts. I'm not talking about using it for data during this time.

I know what you're getting at but I don't feel like my phone should go dead in just a couple of hours just because there's a weak signal. I understand how this happens but it seems to me that there should be some kind of setting to maybe increase the amount of time it spends searching for a signal or something of the sort.
    01-31-2012 04:58 PM
    If you have weak signal, you can always just disable the mobile data. Settings-Wireless and Networks-Mobile Networks-Disable Mobile Data.
    01-31-2012 05:12 PM
    The Time Without Single has more to do with Coverage then with a so called bug with the V. I get terrible single in my home and at times 80% or more TWS and if I leave driving around or go for a nice walk it drops to as low a 0%. Sprint is just very limited with their coverage, and do not focus on covering the Per-Paid as well: my neighbor has Cricket which also uses the Sprint network as as TWS just as bad has mine, and her daughter as a Sprint phone and has a high TWS as well.
    02-13-2012 03:53 PM
    No, sorry, you haven't actually read what the TWS bug is.
    TWS is what you claim, however the TWS bug leaves the indicator stuck at 50%.

So yes, while you may get a TWS of 80%, the bug will ALWAYS show you 50%. Almost all current roms have this patched.
    02-13-2012 04:30 PM
    No, sorry, you haven't actually read what the TWS bug is.
    TWS is what you claim, however the TWS bug leaves the indicator stuck at 50%.

So yes, while you may get a TWS of 80%, the bug will ALWAYS show you 50%. Almost all current roms have this patched.
    Oh, okay now I understand.
    02-13-2012 06:35 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD