A question about terminology

silentboxer

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I've just rooted my Optimus V and I am seeking to put a rom on my phone with the help of RomManager. I'm understanding the most of the instructions but the only thing that leaves me stumped is that I can't understand what the instructions mean when they say that you "install" the rom to the SD card then you select it in the Rom manager. What I would like to know is would "installing" it to the SD card mean that I'm going to have to extract the rom files from the Zip file that I download them from and put the on the SD root directly?

Irate Iguana

Boss Status
Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't have time to assist you atm, but all I can say is. DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER. Read the stickies for information, and stay the hell away from ROM Manager.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
do not use rom manager.

if your already here on the Android Central forums, just search these forums and get the REAL help you need. dont use that app at all.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've just rooted my Optimus V and I am seeking to put a rom on my phone with the help of RomManager. I'm understanding the most of the instructions but the only thing that leaves me stumped is that I can't understand what the instructions mean when they say that you "install" the rom to the SD card then you select it in the Rom manager. What I would like to know is would "installing" it to the SD card mean that I'm going to have to extract the rom files from the Zip file that I download them from and put the on the SD root directly?

What rom are you trying to install?

If it is a recent rom there is instruction on how to flash the rom in the thread where you found links to the rom. IHO mega thread has instructions on the first page in post one and three. Harmonia 2 has instruction in the first post.

Like said dont use rom manager to install a rom you will do nothing but break your phone. I use to be a believer in RM but after trying to deal with the developer and having him blow me off and then totally ignore me and blame the devs for not following protocol I told him to play hide and go ufck yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz