Found yet another method to fix the market when using CM based ROMs, and it should work for most other ROMs as well.

CM 7.1 Market "Insufficient Space" error - CyanogenMod Forum

Thanks to Micheal323 at AndroidForums for pointing this out, and of course to capeli for posting the method at CM forums!

I'll probably convert this to a shell script for easier use, for now, just follow the steps exactly as laid out in post #6.
    01-07-2012 12:43 AM
    Or if you have link2sd you can chose to link delvik and library files, that will fix both common errors with market downloads, but you have to have a partitioned SD card

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    01-07-2012 01:07 AM
    Or if you have link2sd you can chose to link delvik and library files, that will fix both common errors with market downloads, but you have to have a partitioned SD card

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    The advantage to the method I posted is of course no partitioning required. Many people get scared when they see the word partition, so I thought this might be a bit easier.
    a5pe4 and Dave Begue like this.
    01-07-2012 03:14 AM
    worked like a charm for me although it took me a couple of minutes to realize i had to type "su" into terminal emulator first
    sheureka and JerryScript like this.
    01-07-2012 08:27 PM
    Once I figured out how to increase the font size and saw MasterTec's post it was super easy - and works great! I'm a 70 year old grandma and had never rooted or put a new rom on anything until yesterday. If I can do it anybody can do it. Many, many thanks to everyone who does this amazing work!
    a5pe4 likes this.
    01-07-2012 09:21 PM
    This needs stickied. I'm most likely going to copy down the commands into notepad for later. Bumpppp
    04-03-2012 12:30 PM
    Partitioning is not that scary
    04-03-2012 01:06 PM
    I'm thinking of writing a script that well partition the sdcard for people to 524MB, or would that be even scarier?
    04-03-2012 04:32 PM
    I've been using this for awhile now. No problems so far.

Sent from space
    04-03-2012 05:10 PM
    This technique helped for a bit, but then I ran into the "invalid package file" issue in the store which is also space related. The fix for that is a little more involved.

Did anyone else run into the "invalid package file" after trying the insufficient space fix? I wonder if moving the download.old directory in the /cache directory to the SD card might alleviate the problem a little?
    04-03-2012 07:46 PM
    Probably not a big issue for most, but once you do this you need an sdcard inserted to download. This is why bind mounting is used in the startup scripts.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-03-2012 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD