How to move a number from VM670 to other cellphone?

funk223

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi, every one,

I think the screen of VM670 is too small. I want to change a large screen phone. But I still want to keep the virgin mobile service. Is that possible to get the phone number to an other android phone?
Any ideas, guy? Thanks.

:D

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
You can only do this if you buy a phone from VM, like the Motorola Triumph (way bigger screen), and you will be able to keep your number. If you want to keep your number and you are trading carriers (like going to at&t or T-mobile) there should be some kind of option to keep your number, but you may have to look into it.

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
It can be done.
But if you can't do it yourself I won't be one to tell you how.
You will need to scrap the old phone too, cloning is not tolerated.
I was considering using an Evo but I prefer a small phone, there's a slim phone by sprint I believe mesmerize or something, it's all screen on the front and slim as hell, now that I have a bluetooth headphone I may get that as I prefer palm sized& low profile.
Good Luck!

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
if I were you I would start porting number over to Google Voice and you'll never have issues again about worrying about porting a number.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi, every one,

I think the screen of VM670 is too small. I want to change a large screen phone. But I still want to keep the virgin mobile service. Is that possible to get the phone number to an other android phone?
Any ideas, guy? Thanks.

:D

Come on guys. This is such a simple (and legal) procedure, I did this so many times.

- Buy the new phone
- go to VM website and sign in
- find the link to "swap phones" on right, under "I want to..."
- follow the directions.

You can sell your OV after this since it is ready for activation with a different number.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
you can ONLY change the Virgin Mobile service to another Virgin Mobile phone.

if you want a phone that is not on virgin mobile, you have to go buy that phone on that phones carrier, and ask them how to port your virgin mobile number to it.

honestly changing numbers is no big deal, and much less hassle. just text your contacts the new number when you get it. simple.

of course, no other carrier has the phone AND the plans to compete with VMusa, but if money is no object, get whatever you want. Galaxy Nexus maybe?

bmxrider234

Banned
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I ported from Verizon to virgin mobile last year worked great until I realized I lost my account money. Only way to truely swap service is to change ur prl number. Risky if u don't know what ur doing. Really virgin mobile phones are not too bad. They say u get what u pay for. If u want lets say the galaxy 2 then pay alot for it. What makes it better the name of the phone.

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Actually for all services you will need to change
ESN - spoof VM to think your on the same phone
*Manually program the # as well as change the data service settings.
on Some phones this is spectacularly simple. On others you need a specific program or know how on editing & searching thru NV items.
PRL - Yes of course to connect to VM.
Finally after you have your new Rom on your nrw Android you need to change the Build prop info (311490) other #'s may work.
You may also need to set APN settings and copy an apns conf file.
I think I got it all covered. oh, and keep your old phone as a backup in case someyhinh happens, you only need to turn iton & you're notdead in the water losing your month('s) of service you paid for. but never have both phones on at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12