How is ICSandwich2.3.7 Final

optimusv45

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i just saw this recently added new ROM. Its is by ThaUnknownArtist. I have never seen this author on the forum before. I am wondering if any of u have tried the ROM and can give me some feedback on it. Thanks.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried it, but its a totally themed gingerbread rom. TheUnknownArtist is from over on the xda forum, he's got a whole thread about it over there.

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I find it deceptive, because nowhere in the first post does it state that it's just themed Backside ROM. A lot of people are confused about this, even though us frequent posters already know.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I find it deceptive, because nowhere in the first post does it state that it's just themed Backside ROM. A lot of people are confused about this, even though us frequent posters already know.

Yeah when I saw it over on xda I was so confused because the posts here about not getting ICS on the optimus. But after reading a few posts I realized that it was just a theme, kinda lame, something you can do yourself... by simple downloading a ICS theme for the theme chooser and running syndicate apps ICS launcher.

optimusv45

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah when I saw it over on xda I was so confused because the posts here about not getting ICS on the optimus. But after reading a few posts I realized that it was just a theme, kinda lame, something you can do yourself... by simple downloading a ICS theme for the theme chooser and running syndicate apps ICS launcher.

can u tell me where to download the ICS theme and how to have it loaded on the theme chooser? Thank you.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Its iho with an ics theme and his own tweaks, he does a pretty good job usually, and puts a lot of work in to his builds, I have his last ics update dual booted on my phone, its worth playing with

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

optimusv45

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Its a nice ics themed rom built ontop of backside. Very fast and stable, ultracharged!!!!

Hormonia 2.02
Cwm base recovery 4.0.1.5

that's good to hear. i am running on bobzhome, i guess i will have to wipe everything and format everything if i want to switch . i dont like jumping to different roms cos have to re-set up my email along with everything else. do u think im just better off finding a ICS theme and use theme chooser ?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Personally I cant see flashing a themed BACKside rom and going through all that hassle when I can just download an ICS theme and the ics launcher onto my normal BACKside rom. There may be some advantages using the themed rom though. try theming your present rom first and see if that doesnt satisfy your craving for ice cream;) if not, maybe try the fake ics rom.

optimusv45

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Personally I cant see flashing a themed BACKside rom and going through all that hassle when I can just download an ICS theme and the ics launcher onto my normal BACKside rom. There may be some advantages using the themed rom though. try theming your present rom first and see if that doesnt satisfy your craving for ice cream;) if not, maybe try the fake ics rom.

i just tried a ICS theme, its by sonny sekhon. it was alright i deleted it already lol. I saw some changes but there werent like great. my "google search" actually was just blank lol. i also tried some ICS live wallpaper which made my phone a bit laggy so i deleted that too ~.

jabak3

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
So I just read the first and a couple posts after on the first page.

I Know that there was some talk about Optimus V being on the list of getting an upgrade.

Then That it wasn't

On the side I thought Roms were not Themes. A theme can be used with apps such as Launcher Pro, ADW, etc.

But a Rom I thought was made by programmers not related to Android/Google, Phone Companies, Providers.

So I saw a couple threads for working on a Custom ICS Rom, not a theme but actual Rom.

As for the XDA Forums. From what I have seen there are a lot of good programmers and people that work on everything like this and have done very well in doing so. So I think XDA is very Reputable. As for the Members. I would assume if people were fake, or didn't know how to do something like this. That they would not be posting much less be on the forum other than getting info for their own phones.

But I have a question in my random nonsense ramble(I talk a lot).

Can anyone Confirm whether or not there will be an upgrade for ics or any other Android OS for the Optimus V? From Virgin Mobile or Google/Android.

2 - Is there a completed ROM created yet for Optimus V. As I have seen threads with people working on them. Is there an actual ROM, or are they all Themes.

Themes/Roms - are they both a work in progress, completed or only one or the other are being worked on and/or already finished or testable staged?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
If you are running a cm7 rom you can theme your phone with ics and make it look like ics. At the moment there is NO ics rom. Only ics themed gingerbread rom's. LG will NOT be updating the optimus with ics,but the cyanogen team (responsible for our wonderful cm7 roms) will he eventually making a cm9 ics rom for us to use. So the bottom line is that we'll get ics, but it will take longer because LG didn't make it super easy for us to get it by making us one:p

optimusv45

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
From what i have read, we will not receive a ICS update. we never even got an official update to gingerbread lol and i don't remember our phone ever getting any useful updates from LG. There are a good selection of very good quality gingerbread ROMs for us. as far as themes, as long as u r running on a CM7 ROM, u will be able to use the theme chooser to use MDPI themes.

optimusv45

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Check the XDA link.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

I did. It is more like "here it is" kind of deal. Not much information on it as far as reliability, what works , what doesn't and how it is comparing to others. Given i don't read on their forum I'm not gonna spend hours researching about it , just hoping to hear from those who has tried it here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37