[How-to] Brick Your Optimus V

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I sent the following to Koush, let's hope he responds favorably.

JerryScript said:
Hello,

Someone is once again putting up ROMs built for the Optimus V VM670 on ROM Manager without permission, and the recovery is once again soft-bricking phones.

I have never submitted BACKside-IHO-VM670 to ROM Manager, nor have any of the other IHO devs, yet their ROMs continue to appear on ROM Manager.

The Optimus V LG VM670 has two different versions of lcd screens. If you flash a recovery without the proper drivers configured, you end up with a black screen. This can be fixed by blind flashing via ADB, but of course most users don't understand ADB commands.

There is currently a small number of people so upset over this issue, they want to start spamming ROM Manager's review section in the market with bad reviews. I have held them off, letting them know who you are and how much you have done for the community with your work on CWM, CM, and other projects. Some think it's a malicious attack agains IHO itself, and I've assured them that is not true.

Until such a time as there is some method to ensure the actual ROM dev has at least approved posting their work to ROM Manager, please remove BACKside-IHO-VM670 (any build date) from ROM Manager.

Thank you,
Jerry Jasuta
http://github.com/JerryScript

moregt13

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
well I just tried it with my Optimus V today cause i honestly dont know nothing about any rooting, roms, etc. But i never would have if it didnt say my correct phone!

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Where in the app itself does it tell you what it thinks your phone is?

Some of the older versions of RM had the Optimus V in its option to manually change your phone. It looks like the current version doesnt allow you to change the model of your phone. /shrug.

Jerry I really hope you get a better response than I did.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, don't use rom manager. Don't follow this guide;) there's something out there called gingerbreak that'll root your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance