Google responded to a user over at AF about the Market issues. Mostly standard stuff, but a couple of things they suggest may help you. The same user also posted these instructions for submitting issues with the Market to Google:
    It probably doesn't get used very often, but the Help menu item in the Market allows you to report issues.

Press Help -> Android Apps -> Help Resources -> Contacting Us -> Market on my phone or tablet

You can select the type of issue (e. g. Downloading/installing apps). It also asks you to specify your phone model, and a free text field is provided to add additional information.
    Read the response from Google with instructions here:
    Market goofiness - Android Forums
    01-20-2012 01:08 PM
    I read it, some of it makes sense, but some of it makes me want to slap the ***** who wrote the email.
    Eollie likes this.
    01-20-2012 05:15 PM
    It's a pleasure to read your note and assist you today. I recommend the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:

- Uninstall Market updates (Home > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Market > Uninstall updates)

This will revert Android Market to the original version that came with your device. Android Market should automatically self-update to the current version within a few days - there's no way to permanently uninstall Market updates. However, you can perform the following steps to ensure the latest version of Android Market is updated properly:

1. Launch Android Market
    2. Switch to the Home screen
    3. Wait 5-10 minutes for Market to self-update
    4. Re-launch Market

- Clear the Download Manager cache and data (Home > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Download manager > Clear cache and Clear data)
    - Clear the Market cache and data (Home > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Market > Clear cache and Clear data)
    - Reboot your device
    - Sign in and out of Google Talk repeatedly to restore connection to our servers:

1. Go to your devices app launcher, and press the Talk app
    2. If youre already signed into Talk, press Menu, and then touch Sign out
    3. Launch Talk again to sign in (if you are unable to sign in, please let me know)

- Ensure firewalls are not blocking access to ports required for Android Market (TCP and UDP 5228).
    - Confirm that there is strong connectivity on your device, and contact your mobile service provider if you aren't connected.
    I also follow these steps when I want it to rain
    01-20-2012 11:12 PM
    I also follow these steps when I want it to rain
    Yeah, I left a pretty scathing response in the original thread. What a joke.
    01-21-2012 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD