Plz anyone help me i've messed up my lg optimus v!!!

elijahbowie

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
So i rooted my LG Optimus V over Christmas, but today decided i want to reset the the phone so i used the factory data reset without knowing it would mess up my phone. I'm only 16 and do not have another $130 to spend on a new phone. When I boot the phone after it shows the LG sign the screen is just blank and stays there. I can't boot into recovery mode using volume down+home+power. When i do that the screen just stays blank. PLZ SOMEONE help! I don't see how the phone can be fixed if i cant see the screen! :(
PLZ HELP MY PARENTS ARE GOING TO KILL ME IF I CANT FIX IT. :'(

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Was phone stock with exception of root or had you flashed a custom ROM or Recovery? If so what were they? Most newer custom ROM's (If not all) have the factory reset option removed from the settings Menu.

Just a thought but wondering if when you rooted you may have used ROM Manager to load clockworkmod recovery but still have stock ROM? If so the version of recovery that was loaded is for older V's and will cause a black screen after LG logo on newer V's. Not saying you did this but trying to think of what may be happening.

Please let us know all steps you took prior to performing the factory reset so we can give you the best info!

Last edited:

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Get a job and take responsibility for your mistake, I was bagging groceries when I was 16. Yes you screwed, lucky for you these phones are *almost* unbrickable, follow the link posted above and more importantly READ EVERYTHING

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

fenrix

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
If you're in the St. Louis area I can help =P
Basically since your phone MUST be rooted for this
to happen, you just need to load your phone to fastboot(mine has it)
or possibly through adb on that blank screen, simply flash the restore, it can be done via fastboot I think, but adb should find your phone even though it's just a blank screen. after that just go from there,
put a rom zip on the sd & flash, viola.
Just trust me ALWAYS keep your restore working
And to do that ONLY wipe data via the Restore menus & never use LG style resets

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
There are PLENTY of video instructions on how to fix your Optimus V on YouTube. just type in " How To.." and whatever info your looking for will probably be there. You phone has a very large community out here so there is a lot of info available to help you. Check out those instructional videos, they are very helpful. Good Luck.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
There are PLENTY of video instructions on how to fix your Optimus V on YouTube. just type in " How To.." and whatever info your looking for will probably be there. You phone has a very large community out here so there is a lot of info available to help you. Check out those instructional videos, they are very helpful. Good Luck.

The user that started this thread is gone.

His phone is already a cold, unfixable brick. Thanks for trying to help him though.

Maybe next time though, you could post a link to the videos you are referring to.

;)

cotylee1991

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
guess he wasn't lying about the parents..

LMFAO, that made me laugh. Kids these days, they rush into the whole rooting scene, and don't read before they attempt. They just go at it. Luckily, yes the OV is practically un-brickable, so he may have a chance to fix it thru ADB, depending on which ROM he had flashed. Granted, were all here to help, there's a large community of people willing to offer help. But hell, maybe he wasnt joking about his parents! Anyways, your reply made me laugh :D

Sent from my LG Optimus V.
IHO BACKside CM7.2
"Cracker for fun, hacker for LIFE!"

Last edited:

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I kinda feel sad for the kid, :( but you can't blame him for trying :) sometimes you got to learn the hard way.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith