Some Advice please!

TheChaser

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Alright so i have been going threw and trying out some of the new roms out there. I am currently downloading Harmonia 2! i was wondering if anyone could point me to a real nice basic rom? Also another question. In all the roms that I have been downloading the base-band is always unknown? Is this a problem or something not to worry about? I never see the 3g on any more but i think its just b/c of my location.. I never see the 1x either.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Discovered

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, the most basic rom in my opinion is Harmonia 2, also the 3G might not show but it might show a data icon insted. thats how mine is, Im not sure if that has to deal with the baseband though. I think its just when the rom was built it wasnt labled.

Reactions: TheChaser

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Either the ROM's build.prop wasn't edited to show a baseband or if using a custom kernel the kernel was overlooked in this same situation for the baseband.

Reactions: TheChaser

TheChaser

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Like i said I'm pretty new to all this stuff and just been tinkering around the last couple of days with it. I also know that were I'm at even though I'm in the middle of town I get horrible reception. But what I just can't understand is my girlfriend has my old optimus v that she can txt and receive txt all day long in our apartment. but sense Ive gotten this new one I can't i have to walk outside for a few just to get some. The PRL and everything are the same. So maybe just gotta get used to the place idk? lol

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
If your OV is a new one then it was built with different firmware than the old ones. The antennae may be different as well. I do not know of the exact differences, I only know the two versions do behave differently when "out of range". My husband and myself have Lg OV's. I have a first edition,and his is new. His auto-shuts down and reboots to find a new signal ( when there is NO signal at all ), I have to
MANUALLY reboot to find a new tower when out of range. Usually about 200+ miles from home.
To find out if it's your phone or just the network in your area that sucks, download RootMetrics (from rootmetrics.com) into your home computer. Run it to do a check on how well your chosen network is running at your location. That info may help explain SOME of the poor reception issue for you. Also check your settings. You may not have something turned on. Good Luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz