02-02-2012 09:57 AM
43 12
tools
    Hi - another question - sorry... The .4 xonia file is a .rar, so I open it on my laptop with win zip right? Then will it be a flash_image like my original recovery? Is it ok to have two recoveries? Is .4 xoinia a recovery or something different? When in device manager should I right click the LG thing under the usb section or under the ports section?
    01-30-2012 11:10 AM
    Xionia .4 is a recovery, you can only have one, but you can swap them out easily enough and yes just open it with Winzip or Winrar.

Odds are you will only have one or two LG items in device manager, I think the phone puts two in there, both do the same thing I think. You won't hurt anything if you are wrong on which one you pick.
    01-30-2012 04:20 PM
    Well, you got lucky, I happen to have to do some of this to my phone today, and I made some interesting discoveries.

Recovery has nothing to do with it.
    Interestingly enough, when the phone is off and you plug in the usb cord, you are accessing the rom, not recovery.

Using Xionia, I got nothing.
    Using Xionia plus a Froyo rom, I got what I needed.
    Using IHO recovery plus a Froyo rom, I still was able to get what I needed.

It's rom dependent.Restore a Froyo rom or install Harmonia 1, install the LG drivers and you should be able to do what you need.
    01-30-2012 11:13 PM
    Interestingly enough, when the phone is off and you plug in the usb cord, you are accessing the rom, not recovery.
    This makes sense -- chargerlogo is in the boot partition, not the recovery partition.
    01-31-2012 12:09 AM
    Don't know if this helps but I use iho and I can only swap prl when in recovery the phone off doesn't work. Also in recovery th qspt has the wrong number show up, however I can successfully swap my prl

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    01-31-2012 01:03 AM
    Well, you got lucky, I happen to have to do some of this to my phone today, and I made some interesting discoveries.

Recovery has nothing to do with it.

Using Xionia, I got nothing.
    Using Xionia plus a Froyo rom, I got what I needed.
    Using IHO recovery plus a Froyo rom, I still was able to get what I needed.

It's rom dependent.Restore a Froyo rom or install Harmonia 1, install the LG drivers and you should be able to do what you need.
    It just occurred to me -- this functionality is probably related to one or more of the proprietary LGE binaries such as "ftmpower", or "cnd".

Note ftmpower is in the boot image. It's called directly from the LGE init, just like chargerlogo. And it's got very few readable strings in it. Hmmmm...
    01-31-2012 01:43 AM
    Don't know if this helps but I use iho and I can only swap prl when in recovery the phone off doesn't work. Also in recovery th qspt has the wrong number show up, however I can successfully swap my prl

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    The number that shows up in qpst is the exhange number used by Virgin to route to your phone.
    01-31-2012 05:53 AM
    the photons must be aligned against me. I think the prl thing is not meant for me. Did a complete wipe installed harmonia 1.7 latest looks successful, but on reboot I get to the LG logo then nothing. did it twice with two downloads of the zip. I guess I'll wait 20 minutes then pull the battery and try to restore from recovery. limping home with sad face... oh well thanks for trying you all - you really didnt have much to work with on this end!
    01-31-2012 06:03 PM
    If you still have a nandroid backup of Froyo that will work as well.
    Dave Begue likes this.
    01-31-2012 08:21 PM
    the only 2.2 nandroid I have won't restore due to md5sum
    01-31-2012 10:04 PM
    the only 2.2 nandroid I have won't restore due to md5sum
    Did you rename the folder containing that nandroid? If so, make sure the name doesn't have spaces, commas etc as this will trigger a MD5 error on restore.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO
    Dave Begue likes this.
    01-31-2012 11:05 PM
    never intentionally renamed any folders. wonder why I can't get harmonia1.7 to work? Must be two consecutive bad downlaods? Maybe third try is the charm? Is there a different 2.2 rom I could try?
    02-01-2012 08:33 AM
    never intentionally renamed any folders. wonder why I can't get harmonia1.7 to work? Must be two consecutive bad downlaods? Maybe third try is the charm? Is there a different 2.2 rom I could try?
    Ok, didn't realize it was a downloaded nandroid. In that case it probably really is an MD5 error. Still worth checking that the folder it's in only has letters, digits, dashes and underscores in it's name.

02-01-2012 02:25 PM
    holy crap! I did it! Man you guys & ladies are awesome for helping me out so much!
    02-01-2012 09:45 PM
    ^^
    Good job. What did you do? Did you download that 2.2 nandroid a third time and it worked?

02-01-2012 11:21 PM
    I used an older 2.2 rom "weekend special" or something, I switched my recovery to xionia, I used a different computer win7 64bit. I used every scrap of driver stuff that Leslieann posted I left phone off the whole time. The port shown in device manager didn't match the one that worked in the other 2 programs - I think I just got lucky picking ports in those programs. I will let you know if there is any diff in my 3g at work - thanks again all
    02-02-2012 07:16 AM
    Glad you got it to go one way or another.
    02-02-2012 07:43 AM
    Well you did it :-)

02-02-2012 09:57 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD