It unmounts itself, downloads fail, I have to restart the phone to get it to mount sometimes... Any solutions? :P

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    01-25-2012 10:08 PM
    try a different one and see if that helps.

mostly temporary data is stored there, unless you explicitly moved apps to it.

swapping wont hurt anything, and you can test.

if your still using the stock 2GB, yeah, those arent the greatest quality. wouldnt be surprised if it was giving read/write errors after being so old

i got a whole drawer full of "stock" sd cards my phones and devices came with, they always get swapped out asap with a nice card.
    01-25-2012 10:15 PM
    Could be the card or the socket.

First try re-partitioning and formatting in recovery, I have one that that fixed most of the problems, though the card is still failing, it's at least usable, if unreliable. Try not to use it for roms or anything important until you know if this fixed it.

At least they are cheap. 2gb is around, $4 and 6Gb is under $20 if you look around.
    Don't be scared to try Radio Shack, on sale they have been known to be one of the cheapest places, even beating mail order.
    01-25-2012 10:18 PM
    Could be the card or the socket.

First try re-partitioning and formatting in recovery, I have one that that fixed most of the problems, though the card is still failing, it's at least usable, if unreliable. Try not to use it for roms or anything important until you know if this fixed it.

At least they are cheap. 2gb is around, $4 and 6Gb is under $20 if you look around.
    Don't be scared to try Radio Shack, on sale they have been known to be one of the cheapest places, even beating mail order.
    I tired using Windows to repair it. It worked, so u put it in Android, and it says damaged sd card. So i took it out, and put it back in, thusly it reads again. Im trying to see if it does it again.

try a different one and see if that helps.

mostly temporary data is stored there, unless you explicitly moved apps to it.

swapping wont hurt anything, and you can test.

if your still using the stock 2GB, yeah, those arent the greatest quality. wouldnt be surprised if it was giving read/write errors after being so old

i got a whole drawer full of "stock" sd cards my phones and devices came with, they always get swapped out asap with a nice card.

01-25-2012 10:53 PM
    I tired using Windows to repair it. It worked, so u put it in Android, and it says damaged sd card. So i took it out, and put it back in, thusly it reads again. Im trying to see if it does it again.

youll have to move any data off it you want to keep, like pics and music, to your PC, then put the sd card back in the phone and format it from within android.

if you format with windows using the wrong file system, android wont read it correctly.

just format it within android. formatting WILL erase data, so save the data to your PC first.
    01-25-2012 11:06 PM
    I was advised on this forum NOT to use the Windows disk tools. This is what I was told to use: HP Format Tool

Or just use the format option in recovery. Should go without saying, but BACK UP important data from your SD card to your PC first, i.e. pictures / music.
    01-25-2012 11:10 PM
    My card has been doing the same

01-25-2012 11:44 PM
    I was advised on this forum NOT to use the Windows disk tools. This is what I was told to use: HP Format Tool

Or just use the format option in recovery. Should go without saying, but BACK UP important data from your SD card to your PC first, i.e. pictures / music.
    If HP format supports fat32 you should be fine, I have had the same thing happen a couple times, I just reformat it using the phone or partition mini tool (its a free windows partitioning software)

01-25-2012 11:47 PM
    I use Ease US Partition Manager.

01-25-2012 11:54 PM
    Do not use any tools, use the device. Period.

Computers have lots of room for software and are able to adapt to oddball stuff, devices on the other hand are usually programmed for a very minimal range of contingencies.

Always partition/format cards with the device you intend to use it in, not a computer.
    01-26-2012 01:47 AM
    I had great luck using Ubuntu system tools on an old Dell Latitude. It runs Ubuntu as a solitary OS just to support my droids. I've had Windows 7 32 bit/ Android conflicts before. Works perfect and even has a built in terminal emulator for the tough problems. Like a stubborn Samsung Intercept I had ! Because it's Linux It really works better for droids.(Android OS is really Linux based software anyway) One has to take great care when dealing with system files. If you make changes to the file formats in a way your phone is not designed to accept, then it can't read those files as they are needed, and it won't run as a result.
    01-26-2012 12:33 PM

Computers have lots of room for software and are able to adapt to oddball stuff, devices on the other hand are usually programmed for a very minimal range of contingencies.

Always partition/format cards with the device you intend to use it in, not a computer.
    Thanks Leslie, your a lifesaver~

01-26-2012 02:50 PM

Ok, so I tried repartitioning, Formating, all kinds of stuff.... I have a 2GB SD card that I will try, if it has the same problems, could it be the socket? Also, I tried changing the recovery as well. Gonna try reflashing in a bit. But in recovery, I click ' Choose zip from SD card ' and I get some text saying stuff like, " Can't moun't SD card, lunac/mount/ (Some other text, I don't remember, something similar to this though). Please and thank you.
    01-26-2012 09:15 PM
    Just tested it out, its actually the sd card slot. How can I repair it, or where can I go?

01-26-2012 10:04 PM
    Just tested it out, its actually the sd card slot. How can I repair it, or where can I go?

The socket, is hard mounted to the motherboard I think. The part isn't expensive, if you can find one, the problem is putting it in. Paying someone will cost more than a new phone.

I think mine has been on the way out for a few weeks now.
    01-26-2012 11:00 PM
    The socket, is hard mounted to the motherboard I think. The part isn't expensive, if you can find one, the problem is putting it in. Paying someone will cost more than a new phone.

I think mine has been on the way out for a few weeks now.
    Baaah. I've been playing around with the back of the phone. I can't get the SD card to mount again.
    01-27-2012 06:37 AM
    Anyone know where to find the SD hardware peice?

01-27-2012 02:52 PM
    I just checked my phone, and I have a message that says Removed SD card. Please insert a new one. Once I get home, ill try my other SD card, but thisnis random... maybe its not entirely broken?

02-07-2012 01:56 PM
    Never seen that one.
    Maybe back it up, and re-format it with the phone, see if that fixes it.
    02-07-2012 03:02 PM
    Never seen that one.
    Maybe back it up, and re-format it with the phone, see if that fixes it.
    It went dead again. Ill try opening the phone. Hopefully I don't screw anything up.

02-07-2012 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD