Ok well lets give you the story ive downloaded the clockworkMod app and created my backup well that didnt work out so well when i go booted into the clockwork v3.0.7 or somthing like that then after messing around with it i got a new rom and everything and i was happy because it finally worked after a few hours so i got the IHO puritey or something after that booted up i was all happy and excited and well i went to restart my phone bam recovery mode formatting data boot etc i was like noo then it loaded back up my rom so i was like ok but come to find out it dont save anything? everytime i restart my phone it would reset all my info on my phone so (btw my adroid version was 2.2.0 now it is 2.3.5)
    so i went back into the market and downloaded clockworkMod again and now its v5.0.2.7 and now the buttons are messed up my down arrow goes up voice button goes down and camera button dont select please help im desprete

btw my phone is Lg Optimus V
    01-29-2012 11:54 AM
    NEVER, EVER, EVER USE ROM MANAGER!!!!!!! It is not compatible with the Optimus V and is why your phone is messed up. Now, luckily your phone doesn't look beyond repair at this point. First off, you need to flash a new recovery that will work correctly. Once you do that, you can re-flash a ROM and you'll be okay. I recommend Bob Zhome's recovery, since it's compatible with almost anything: VM670NH_recovery.img . Some more good info in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...stom-roms.html
    01-29-2012 12:30 PM
    Short answer. You messed up your phone. You failed to research anything prior to flashing.

Im sure somebody will come along to help. But Im tired of offering links and spending time researching just so you can have your hand held. IMO go buy a new phone and dont do anything until you have read so much here in this forum that you are dreaming about how to root, flash, and update to new builds. Then read some more and declare android as your lover and then and only then root the phone and install a custom rom.
    Irate Iguana likes this.
    01-29-2012 12:33 PM
    NEVER, EVER, EVER USE ROM MANAGER!!!!!!! It is not compatible with the Optimus V and is why your phone is messed up. Now, luckily your phone doesn't look beyond repair at this point. First off, you need to flash a new recovery that will work correctly. Once you do that, you can re-flash a ROM and you'll be okay. I recommend Bob Zhome's recovery, since it's compatible with almost anything: VM670NH_recovery.img . Some more good info in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...stom-roms.html
    ok but how do i do put the new recovery on there bu adding to sd card? because i cant mount usb driver because the camera select button dont work
    01-29-2012 12:39 PM
    Short answer. You messed up your phone. You failed to research anything prior to flashing.

Im sure somebody will come along to help. But Im tired of offering links and spending time researching just so you can have your hand held. IMO go buy a new phone and dont do anything until you have read so much here in this forum that you are dreaming about how to root, flash, and update to new builds. Then read some more and declare android as your lover and then and only then root the phone and install a custom rom.
    i had it working its just that it wasnt saving my data and i was going to get a diffrent one and i cant select anything because of the camera key not working and also ive been researching i kno i should have done it before so i just need to get to be able to select a option.
    01-29-2012 12:45 PM
    Longest run on sentence evar.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
    pbailey212 likes this.
    01-29-2012 01:31 PM
    Longest run on sentence evar.

are you saying to keep tapping the talking button because if so that is used to scroll down
    cole2kb likes this.
    01-29-2012 01:47 PM
    No, he was politely telling you to use proper punctuation in your post.
    01-29-2012 04:07 PM
    are you saying to keep tapping the talking button because if so that is used to scroll down
    That was his signature. "Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V" He's using Tapatalk to navigate through his forums of choice.
    01-29-2012 05:13 PM
    The button has probably been remapped... try the others, one of them should work... emphasis on should...
    01-30-2012 04:27 AM
    i had it working its just that it wasnt saving my data and i was going to get a diffrent one and i cant select anything because of the camera key not working and also ive been researching i kno i should have done it before so i just need to get to be able to select a option.
    If Im reading this right you were trying to get it back to stock so you could return the phone? You broke the phone and wanted the store or VM to eat the cost of your mistake? Im sorry you got what was deserved. Defrauding either VM or the store you bought it from is not only wrong it is technically illegal.

If you werent planning on taking the phone back then I stand corrected. But the quoted statement makes me think your intentions was to do a factory reset and try to return the phone.
    Irate Iguana likes this.
    01-30-2012 06:28 AM
    If Im reading this right you were trying to get it back to stock so you could return the phone? You broke the phone and wanted the store or VM to eat the cost of your mistake? Im sorry you got what was deserved. Defrauding either VM or the store you bought it from is not only wrong it is technically illegal.

If you werent planning on taking the phone back then I stand corrected. But the quoted statement makes me think your intentions was to do a factory reset and try to return the phone.
    Eollie. If i was reading that right. Meant needed a new recovery because the old recovery would not create a backup? Now he/she has borked their phone due to not reading/researching.

I'm amazed how someone can spend $100+ on a phone and intentionally destroy a phone by not reading. Especially when all needed to read is at the top of the ov forum......

To each their own i guess. We should make a thread titled. "So i f'd my ov, post here." Lol. Been a surplus of these threads lately.

Sent from your mom's phone.
    01-30-2012 07:03 AM
    Eollie. If i was reading that right. Meant needed a new recovery because the old recovery would not create a backup? Now he/she has borked their phone due to not reading/researching.

I'm amazed how someone can spend $100+ on a phone and intentionally destroy a phone by not reading. Especially when all needed to read is at the top of the ov forum......

To each their own i guess. We should make a thread titled. "So i f'd my ov, post here." Lol. Been a surplus of these threads lately.

Sent from your mom's phone.
    You know your probably right. I am probably jumping to conclusions.

With the recent influx of people coming here creating threads wanting people to tell them how to fix their phone it is getting frustrating. I cant even begin to count how many times Ive had my Optimus in a state I was afraid I wouldnt have a phone anymore. Only I would search the forum and using simple deductions and common sense figured out how to fix it.

I think the biggest problem is people dont understand what a stickied thread is or why certain threads are always at the top of a sub-forum. It is apparent the general population doesnt know how to read the first few pages and then skip to the end and see when the last time it was updated or if it is still a relevant subject. Combine that with the fact the mods here keep dilapidated threads open and available for people to post in and the community suffers with constant ignorance of rooting and roming.
    01-30-2012 07:15 PM
    You know your probably right. I am probably jumping to conclusions.

With the recent influx of people coming here creating threads wanting people to tell them how to fix their phone it is getting frustrating. I cant even begin to count how many times Ive had my Optimus in a state I was afraid I wouldnt have a phone anymore. Only I would search the forum and using simple deductions and common sense figured out how to fix it.

I think the biggest problem is people dont understand what a stickied thread is or why certain threads are always at the top of a sub-forum. It is apparent the general population doesnt know how to read the first few pages and then skip to the end and see when the last time it was updated or if it is still a relevant subject. Combine that with the fact the mods here keep dilapidated threads open and available for people to post in and the community suffers with constant ignorance of rooting and roming.
    I would think that most people would be careful enough and ask questions firstthough. When I joined this forum after getting my optimus (my first android), It took me a month of asking questions and reading to finally root my phone. Thats a long time, but I didn't want to screw up or void my warranty for no reason at all.

It took me even longer to flash my first rom, which I did after anofher month of reading and posting/asking questions. Maybe that's way too long, but it was my first introduction to android. What suprises me the most about all the "I bricked" posts is that most of them are first time android users. I would think people would feel a little more trepidation about something that could break your phone.

In the future, ill be quicker to root and rom, but as a tech-oriented kid, I'm shocked by the people who have no clue about what they are doing and dive in without seeing how deep the bottom is.
    01-30-2012 07:45 PM
    I would think that most people would be careful enough and ask questions firstthough.
    Then you get 50 people asking the same question and everyone berates them.

What we actually need is a moderator who is part of this community who can remove and edit threads to keep things current.
    asadullah and itsrayray like this.
    01-30-2012 08:37 PM

What we actually need is a moderator who is part of this community who can remove and edit threads to keep things current.
    I nominate you
    01-30-2012 10:17 PM

This is definitely true but I think for some reason they aren't going for that here. I tried to get them to remove my threads especially the fastboot root and well they didn't even after I removed all the downloads and info. I don't know what blarf has going on with xda but I understand why he supports it to a degree.
    01-30-2012 10:33 PM
    I nominate you
    Hear hear!

01-30-2012 10:34 PM
    I have dealt with the mods here, I have had good and bad luck with them.

As for me doing it, I have several forums I run with this same software, but I really would prefer not to.
    01-30-2012 11:06 PM
    I would nominate eollie, it would be funny hearing him call out the dumb ones before clearing their posts

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    01-30-2012 11:17 PM

We had one dunno what ever happened to KSmithInNY.

I would nominate eollie, it would be funny hearing him call out the dumb ones before clearing their posts

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    I would prefer to keep AC around. Nobody would ever want to post for fear of being taken to task for being dumb. LOL

I use to get upset with people that would tell people they should use the search function on the various forums I read. Then in time I started to understand how frustrating it is to answer the same questions every few days because people are too lazy to search.
    anthonycr likes this.
    01-31-2012 05:40 AM

I use to get upset with people that would tell people they should use the search function on the various forums I read. Then in time I started to understand how frustrating it is to answer the same questions every few days because people are too lazy to search.
    While a pain, it's also a hassle when you do search and you get 50,000 threads of people asking how to find it, and everyone saying search.

You get the same questions over and over again, because search no longer works when everyone just says use the search.

That is my biggest gripe with the Linux community as they are notorious for it.

If you can be bothered to tell someone to search, and it's that easy, tell them to search next time, but include a link to where the info is. Otherwise you haven't done anyone any favors.
    markusf21 likes this.
    01-31-2012 08:57 AM
    While a pain, it's also a hassle when you do search and you get 50,000 threads of people asking how to find it, and everyone saying search.

You get the same questions over and over again, because search no longer works when everyone just says use the search.

That is my biggest gripe with the Linux community as they are notorious for it.

If you can be bothered to tell someone to search, and it's that easy, tell them to search next time, but include a link to where the info is. Otherwise you haven't done anyone any favors.
    What about the people you hold their hand lead them to the top of the forum and show them where to find the answer. Then they post they are going to bump a thread every day until somebody gives them all the answers?

How about the person that admits they are too lazy to search and just wants the community to give them the answers?

I understand what your saying. From time to time you will see me give a link or even tell them what to do. Most of those times are when my troll or a-hole radar isnt going bananas.
    01-31-2012 04:01 PM
    What about the people you hold their hand lead them to the top of the forum and show them where to find the answer. Then they post they are going to bump a thread every day until somebody gives them all the answers?

How about the person that admits they are too lazy to search and just wants the community to give them the answers?

I understand what your saying. From time to time you will see me give a link or even tell them what to do. Most of those times are when my troll or a-hole radar isnt going bananas.
    Well I guess the conclusion is that there are problems on both ends, and when you combine the plethora of useless threads that don't help noobs with the noob's lack of motivation to search, you get lots of people either breaking their phones, or annoying us. I try to help who I can, because I know that it's not really what you Rommers and more active members want to spend your time doing, BUT, I can't always help people.

Funny thing happened... I'm sitting in class and some kid and he kept trying to tell me iOS could be put on our androids, so I googled it and found an xda thread about it... only the whole thread was a joke that led to a telling them how to use the forum. I'm guessing you guys have seen it, but if not, its what we need to have at the top of every forum
    01-31-2012 04:30 PM
    I try to help who I can, because I know that it's not really what you Rommers and more active members want to spend your time doing, BUT, I can't always help people.
    I dont mind helping people, I really dont. If I can help somebody and make their day better its a good thing. I guess Ive been around tech support forums so long I can pick out the people that really shouldnt be doing these things.

Funny thing happened... I'm sitting in class and some kid and he kept trying to tell me iOS could be put on our androids, so I googled it and found an xda thread about it... only the whole thread was a joke that led to a telling them how to use the forum. I'm guessing you guys have seen it, but if not, its what we need to have at the top of every forum
    I hadnt seen that but Im sure it is very funny.
    02-01-2012 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD