I was browsing around as always and came across something I hadn't seen before and would come in handy right about now... I apologize if I somehow missed a thread on this somewhere... I would like to know if there is anything like the Bunker buster for optimus v? (Data throttle remover) I and I'm sure others would love this!... thankx
    01-30-2012 04:42 AM
    Others correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Virgin's throttling is network-side. So no, there's no easy way around it.
    clodfelterac likes this.
    01-30-2012 12:15 PM
    Even if it isn't. The throttle shouldn't even be noticed by alot of people bc their speeds suck worse than the throttle speed.
    clodfelterac likes this.
    01-30-2012 02:25 PM
    Even if it isn't. The throttle shouldn't even be noticed by alot of people bc their speeds suck worse than the throttle speed.
    i get up to 1.2mb. With low signal.

Although ymmv

Sent from your mom's phone.
    clodfelterac likes this.
    01-30-2012 02:27 PM
    i get up to 1.2mb. With low signal.

Although ymmv

I suppose I was exaggerating..

Anyway, that doesn't seem right or even legal to untrottle throttled data. I checked into that and it seems to be only for htc's and so I doubt it will work on our phones. Even if it does, it will get abused by heavy heavy data users.
    clodfelterac likes this.
    01-30-2012 02:33 PM
    You won't accomplish anything with that.
    The reason your speed is low is that Sprint customers get first priority, we get what is left. Speeds are based on signal and available bandwidth, not based on Virgin limiting you.

This sort of thing worked for a very short time on cable modems years ago, providers wised up rather quick.
    clodfelterac likes this.
    01-30-2012 03:23 PM
    Even if we had such an app i personally wouldn't use it. I'm happy with everything. I use wifi at work(which I'm currently on) and Wednesday wifi at home too.

clodfelterac likes this.
    01-30-2012 11:11 PM
    Thanks for the replies everybody... I was just throwing it out there... I understand the sprint 1st/virgin 2nd on b available bandwidth... And i understand traffic congestion... I'm just hoping to find a way to keep my 1.8mbps dl speed all the time... And I know it's not gonna happen... And Leslie, I'm gonna try and hold out and get that Asus 7in tablet you were talking about... Or mabey a laptop... But that tablet sounds pretty sweet. ... Or mabey both... Thanks again everyone!...
    01-31-2012 05:46 AM
    Sorry for typo... :-)
    01-31-2012 05:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD