Okay so I just got this phone from my brother, I upgraded from a kyocera zio. I have messed with custom roms and recoverys and whatnot, but I recently flashed a new rom using the custom recovery on here, it went great, but I lost the recovery on reboot, is their anyway to fix this? Sorry for my stupidity...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-02-2012 01:52 AM
    What custom recovery from where? Your not being specific ....

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    kebamishima likes this.
    02-02-2012 03:30 AM
    Why would u change the rom? Iho is the leading rom for the OV....
    READ READ READ AND STUDY WHAT U DO OR U WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE.
    IM ASSUMING THAT WHATEVER ROM U FLASHED (you didn't specify it or the recovery you were using so u won't get help til u do) wasn't compatible with the recovery u had.
    Here is with happen:
    The recovery was on my sd card. I told u....DOWNLOAD A RECOVERY FIRST!!!!!! THEN FLASH THE ROM.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    kebamishima likes this.
    02-02-2012 03:34 AM
    Ill be nice and help... research,research,research, and some more research first... make sure all of the files you plan to flash are compatible with your phone and with each other... from where you're at now as per the post... if you literally have no recovery to access.. download flashimage.GUI and flash recovery that way...... don't forget to thank the dev... I hope this helps...
    kebamishima likes this.
    02-02-2012 04:12 AM
    What rom, what recovery?

So long as the phone boots into something, it's probably salvageable.
    If you still have root, andcan get into the rom, you can flash a recovery from inside the rom. Otherwise you will have to hope you can start over with root and install a recovery through ADB shell.
    kebamishima likes this.
    02-02-2012 06:47 AM
    Man, u guys are really helpful ^_^ I'm so sorry for taking up space on the forum... I was just really really high and was hitting the wrong button input. Again thanks everyone for all the advice. Just kinda freaked myself out.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-02-2012 07:14 AM
    Anybody else not notice the brotherly love here?

I was hoping to see a fist fight break out.
    02-02-2012 07:45 AM
    Anybody else not notice the brotherly love here?

I was hoping to see a fist fight break out.
    Sorry, I only give out hugs.
    02-02-2012 09:22 AM
    hello. my name is Jayson and im having a problem with my Sprint samsung epic 4g. its from the Galaxy S line and i got it from a friend. it had a pattern lock and i was trying to unlock it when the Android system recovery. all i know is that the model number is: SPH-D700 I DONT KNOW IF THAT HELPS AT ALL OR NOT.
    heres what i keep seeing and keep running into:

Android system recovery <3e>

Enter: OK Key. Select : Vol Up / Vol Down
    reboot system now
    apply update from sdcard
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

# MANUAL MODE #

i tried everything to reset the phone to its factory defaults but nothing happens. i have even tried pressing every button and it seems to have froze with the exception it the 4 front panel buttons: menu, home, go back, and search with nothing happening but the button flashing one time after each press.

please help me!i dont know what it was using for an os and i dont know what software it uses.
    please, if you can help me to do this i would most appreciate it.

THANK YOU!

also im having to use my sprint incogneto as a medium to transfer data.
    02-04-2012 11:45 AM
    First off it might be better to get help in the forum for your phone, since this is a thread about LG Optimus Vs. That said, pressing the volume up and down keys and using the ok key like it said, will select stuff in recovery. The ok key is probably the camera button... unless you have a dedicated ok button. That said... if you pull the battery you can reboot the phone. However if I understood correctly you forgot your password to the lockscreen? If that's the case you can just click the forgot password on the android lockscreen and login using your gmail account on the phon
    02-04-2012 12:22 PM
    First off it might be better to get help in the forum for your phone, since this is a thread about LG Optimus Vs. That said, pressing the volume up and down keys and using the ok key like it said, will select stuff in recovery. The ok key is probably the camera button... unless you have a dedicated ok button. That said... if you pull the battery you can reboot the phone. However if I understood correctly you forgot your password to the lockscreen? If that's the case you can just click the forgot password on the android lockscreen and login using your gmail account on the phon
    well the problem is the phone cant get anywhere cause its stuck in what seems to be recovery mode. plus my friend deleted the gmail account too. mind linking the correct forum page to me?
    02-04-2012 12:54 PM
    Heres the page for the epic 4G. Try pulling the battety out of the phone like I said.
    02-04-2012 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD