Miui now open source?!

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I hope this will get going. It's going to be a nightmare to port though. A port of a port, resized to mdpi, and then trying to port it over again? Doesn't sound easy lol. And its v4. I have my doubts, but it doesn't mean someone won't try. I'd certainly donate to anyone who gets a working build!

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I hope this will get going. It's going to be a nightmare to port though. A port of a port, resized to mdpi, and then trying to port it over again? Doesn't sound easy lol. And its v4. I have my doubts, but it doesn't mean someone won't try. I'd certainly donate to anyone who gets a working build!

I mostly likely would donate as well. 10-25$ :p

MIUI is the shxt xD

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

port of a port... that's how we got cm9, just so you know :)
And tdm did that in like 2-3 days :D

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, ICS. Many bugs, but this is MIUI were talking about. Extreme coding xD

I was actually planning on taking a crack at porting it, but they don't have a git set up (that I know of) so I can't do anything really.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I was actually planning on taking a crack at porting it, but they don't have a git set up (that I know of) so I can't do anything really.

I wonder how the Leoama, or whatever it's called, source is. Probably closed source, it's just like Miui..... But it's based on Gingerbread too. :D

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how the Leoama, or whatever it's called, source is. Probably closed source, it's just like Miui..... But it's based on Gingerbread too. :D

And we "do" have gingerbread on our phones.. so it's definitely a possibility. IF they're open source. Although I can't find a source for it, and it doesn't really interest me.. Now MIUIv4, that interests me ;)

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
And we "do" have gingerbread on our phones.. so it's definitely a possibility. IF they're open source. Although I can't find a source for it, and it doesn't really interest me.. Now MIUIv4, that interests me ;)

SpaceCaker told me they went open Source, I thought it was just the apps? He also said their only having trouble with the Microphone chip sets, or something. I'm so confused! :(

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
port of a port... that's how we got cm9, just so you know :)
And tdm did that in like 2-3 days :D

Have t keep in mind that port was from a phone with almost identical hardware, parts, and specs. The Samsung Ace isn't such a close cousin

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
That looks... interesting. It looks like a cobbled together version of MIUI, WP7, Zune, and ICS. Is it themable? That's all I really care about. I'd rather MIUI v4 over this.

Its just like MIUI, and yes. Themeable. I did some snooping on the website it came from, the signature looks like it came from the people who made QQLauncher. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair