Which ROM?

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh God. Not another one of these threads. Search around, there are at least 3 other threads with the same title. Basic answer though:
Gingerbread-IHO
Froyo- Harmonica

But seriously. Search around. And always remember: read as much as you possibly can before doing ANYTHING to your phone.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
There is a full list of current roms and downloads here. There are good things about all of them, I have used harmonia (a barebones rom based off of mrg666's mirage rom using the stock GB launcher), and backside (which is loaded with customization). Others I haven't used, but I know Bobzhome has a very good kernel and mirage is also decentand has the ice cream sandwich animations. I'm sure others will fill you in more. I think I left out a couple roms.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Harmonica........

But seriously. Search around. And always remember: read as much as you possibly can before doing ANYTHING to your phone.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

I hate typing "harmonia" on this phone it always autocorrects to "harmonica" :p

I second what kcls says about reading. Its important in order not to brick your phone.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay so assuming your rooted: DO NOT factory reset your phone. Also flashing things with rom manager will potentially break your phone. You need to flash a recovery first.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Do not use any tools
Once rooted you have all you need, you can flash recoveries from inside with terminal emulator very easily and you can flash roms from recovery.

Also, you only need on thread, and I posed the 3 sins of the OV there. Read them, live them, and your OV will last a long time.

I hate typing "harmonia" on this phone it always autocorrects to "harmonica" :p
I wondered why so many people kept calling it that!

I was getting frustrated at it. LOL