What is the best ROM to flash on an Optimus V?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried iho, but I'm loving harmonia 2 ..I just wish there was a larger collection of Roms for the optimus v

What are you talking about... between froyo, gingerbread, and now ICS (taddaaa!!) There are over a dozeb different roms to flash. If you think a dozen (or more) isn't enough, I don't think youl ever be satisfied. ;)
You can find at least 6 current roms for the OV on the github page.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
There are several OV roms, but most are extremely outdated and will use up a lot of space on updates, some don't work with newer phones either.

And for Harmonia 2, it is an IHO rom.

nomammes

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
optimus v ics??

There are several OV roms, but most are extremely outdated and will use up a lot of space on updates, some don't work with newer phones either.

And for Harmonia 2, it is an IHO rom.
I wish an ics rom would come out!! the harmonia is bomb bay and bumblebee too bad gingerbread don't play skyfire video cause it's the best.

Last edited:

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
What are you talking about... between froyo, gingerbread, and now ICS (taddaaa!!) There are over a dozeb different roms to flash. If you think a dozen (or more) isn't enough, I don't think youl ever be satisfied. ;)
You can find at least 6 current roms for the OV on the github page.

Don't forget the S roms. CM7 S roms.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
How? I've had it on mine for awhile now and haven't noticed any problems except having a problem navigating in recovery mode. Would this be why? Please see my other thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/op.../156742-clockworkmod-recovery-v5-0-2-7-a.html

Thanks!
Yeah, no problems except that recovery doesn't work.

On new phones it flashes a recovery that DOES NOT WORK with those phones. Then we get 5 new threads a day asking why their phone went blank.

On top of that, none of our roms are listed there (the ones listed are old and were not put there by the creators), and it's risky to flash a rom from such a utility even on phones that do support it.

If you value your phone, dump that damn program.

Timand1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Actually, doing i in recovery is MUCH safer.

If it's a bad image it simply will not install, usually. This is true for either method, however you will get a notice in terminal. As for typos, it will either work, or it will not. If you misspell anything, it will simply error out and not flash anything.

So far dead heat right?
Flashgui works... For now. What happens on the next update? The terminal method is foolproof, it ALWAYS works, unless there is something wrong, and then it simply will not. There is no risk, no fear of someone else changing something.

You guys sometimes may think doing some of this the old way is silly, but my phone is older, been flashed more and done things you haven't even dreamed of, yet still runs fine, and it is because of doing this stuff the right way as opposed to the easy way is why.

LeslieAnn You always have the best Advice. more people should listen and follow instructions.
this coming from a noob. You have helped me solve problems Thank You LeslieAnn

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams