Hi everyone,

I just pur harmonia 2.3 on my optimus v and, wow, it is super fast now; especially after setting the CPU clock speeds.

I'd like to run bechmarks and compare the results to other phones, perhaps other optimus v owners. I used quadrant and it ranked in the top 3 on the provided chart, and I read that quandrant isn't good to use for some reason.

What do you use to benchmark your device? There are a handful of options out there and would like to take the most objective approach.

Thanks.
    02-09-2012 08:51 AM
    Quadrant has issues with Stage-whatever view and gives a silly high, false reading.

Your phone at 600 runs the same as a stock phone at about 750mhz, not a bad bump for free. Add a decent overclock and the stock rom has to run at around 900mhz to keep up. You could underclock to 480 and still outrun stock. Yes, stock is that bad.

As for comparisons, the difference between the various IHO roms comes down to the overclock and the launcher being used. Beyond that, the difference between the phones is actually within the tolerance for the test itself. In other words, irrelevant. Comparing the old Froyo roms resulted in pretty much the same thing. The results were barely noticeable on a benchmark, let alone noticeable by you. Comparing Froyo to GB, the results are different, however a single number is really poor way to judge them because Froyo does some things better, while GB does other things better. For casual use where you don't need pure speed, Froyo is a bit more efficient, saving you battery (this gap has narrowed, but still exists), however in terms of raw power, GB is faster. A benchmark isn't going to show you that.

Remember, it's all similar software, on identical devices. If you take 3 identical computers, all with the same version of Windows and benchmark them, the differences will be very tiny, the only variance being a slight variance in parts, mostly the mechanical ones. On our phones you have less parts and its all solid state, with nothing moving.

If you check the sticky in the root section, the big guide has a link to some benchmarks with Froyo, which confirms what I have said here.
    Dannemand likes this.
    02-09-2012 01:55 PM
    Just to solidfy what LesieAnn is saying check this out.

Just by editing your build.prop you can get this kind of results.

02-09-2012 03:14 PM
    Good post, LeslieAnn. Thanks.
    02-09-2012 06:08 PM
    LeslieAnn,

Thank you for that. Your explanation is worlds better than any benchmark.

My phone is set to 600min / 844 max using smartassV2. It has not crashed yet (864 however did crash) and I am using launcher pro; instant response time on everything.

Thank you for your rom
    02-09-2012 10:06 PM
    For the benefit of everyone else reading this thread, capslock118 is lucky to be able to overclock that high without crashing.

Do not be surprised if you cannot go higher than the mid 700's, that's generally the safe zone for the OV.

Wish I had your phone capslock118!
    02-10-2012 02:59 AM
    Agreed, most should expect 748, but some can't even go above 600.
    02-10-2012 03:18 AM
    i got a new OV about 2 /12 months ago and have it running @ 864 mhz with profiles ...since out the box. Hasnt crashed once (fine with camera every time) very snappy.. its paired with the great extended battery *drools*
    02-10-2012 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD