(ICS)CM9, Now 3g!

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
[OFFICIAL THREAD CREATED BY TDM]
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...acks/156426-rom-alpha-quattrimus-cm9-ics.html

ROMS FOUND BELOW WILL PROBABLY STAY HERE, Maybe.

So the Dev's here at the Opt. V have gotten CM9, ICS, to work on our beloved phone. Many thanks to the devs, Cyanogenmod, Drew, and Lupohirp! Google too?
THIS IS NOT MY WORK!

I take no part in developing the roms posted below, as I'm just a simple Member at the forum. All work goes to those mentioned. Read Carefully.

I saw someone post that this has the Factory Reset via Privacy menu.... sooo

DO NOT FACTORY RESET IN THE PRIVACY MENU

Leslieann's modified version of TDM's port. ;D(YOU DO NOT NEED GAPPS FOR THIS ONE)
TDM/ICS/CM9/Harmonia 3 Pre-Alpha

Not trying to step on anyone's toes here, it is TDM's rom, I'm just making it easier for those who can't do it themselves.
No guarantees as I haven't even tested this, but it should work fine, as always, BACKUP. This is very much not ready for prime-time, hence the pre-alpha status.

Download
Md5:5ed6013e3827558328cf8473f841aecf
With Gapps it's still 7 megs smaller (compressed) than the download on page 1 without Gapps.
Shaved approximately 25+ megs from the rom, and 10+ megs from Gapps decompressed.

To install:
Be sure to wipe system, boot, dalvik, and the factory restore/reset in recovery.
Gapps is not needed.

Setup is the same as my other roms; the basics, nothing more.
This details exactly all I have done so others can follow it.
Includes:
Gapps essentials, Gmail, Email, Market *

Removed:
media/Boot animation
media/video
Languages other than English and Spanish
Removed wallpaper from framework (one is still left in launcher, saves 300k, could reduce that as well for another 300) <--- !!!
cmstats
development
gallery
Holo spiral wallpaper
live wallpapers
magic smoke wallpapers
spare parts
videoeditor
visualization wallpaper

Note: Gallery, DSP, and Voice recorder can be removed. If you remove voice, all speech stuff may not work.

*From Gapps for everything to work you need (and I used)...
System/apps:
Gmail (can be removed)
GoogleBackupTransport
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter
GoogleFeedback
GoogleLoginService
GoogleQuickSearchBox (can be removed)
GoogleServicesFramework
GoogleTTS
MarketUpdater (can be removed, but could cause problems)
MediaUploader
NetworkLocation
Vending
VoiceSearch (can be removed)

From other folders, you need everything else.

Wow. What to say about this.....?
Nice Job TDM(HAS 3G)
Here it is: tdm-cm9-vm670-alpha1.zip

This is an alpha release! Many things are broken! Install it at your own risk!

Working:
  • Phone
  • SMS
  • 3G
  • Bluetooth

Not working:
  • Button mappings are wonky
  • Camera
  • Clock widget
  • Probably lots more

Huge thanks to the following folks, who made this possible:

lupohirp for the initial port to the P500
drewwalton19216801 for the port to the Optimus S
blarf for creating IHO
LeslieAnn for the awesome build server

Once a few folks smoke test it, I'll create a new thread.

Edited by Gannon5157, Nice work!(NO 3G)
Okay, before I built, I needed to do this one thing:
ICS-OV-Alpha0.zip
Here is the temporary flash file for the Optimus V
Fixed:
-Home button/Menu Button Fix
-Market
-New ICS Bootanimation (got old of the old Android one)
Deleted:
-Live wallpapers
-Useless Japanese/Chinese keyboards
-Maybe something I forgot...
Not Working:
Everything not working in Drew's post
-SMS
-Phone

Remember: Flash Gapps. HERE had to flash Gapps twice with this build, because the first one didn't work..

Debating on removing Camera until we get it working.. but for now this is what we got.

Also, No radio.img included. :D

I'll reword this thread later for more organization.

Last edited:

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: (YOUR RISK)CM9 Optimus S boots on the V

What I want to know is if you have service when you flash back to an OV rom... I heard rumors about a sprint radio image.
;)

Don't worry. I checked the zip before flashing for a Radio image as well. Can never be to sure. ;D
I flashed to CM7 3 times today after the ICS. I do have Service. :p

If you don't have service, Flash a Froyo rom, Activate through the app, and whatnot. :D

Reactions: anthonycr

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like it has a ways to go to be a daily driver, but maybe our Dev all stars could team up with drew. :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

About exactly what I expected.

Getting this far isn't too difficult, we can do that with almost any Optimus S rom. It's getting the phone and 3g to work that holds us back. After that, then you may have to tackle mms issues, which after CM7, will probably not be much of an issue. The good news is that unlike the GB OS rom, we can access source code for this.

For those looking to flash this, keep in mind, you may have to run the activate app when you flash back. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. If you do, it means flashing back to Froyo. Sometimes just restoring nandroid will get 3g back, sometimes not.

Also, don't all get your hopes up too much, we were at this same spot o the OS GB rom and never did get it working, though not a lot of effort was really expended on it.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
EUREKA! EUREKA! I got SMS working!

Simply flash this build with ONLY wiping dalvik and cache. From previous cm7 port of course

Then got a text message at boot. Going to post this in the other forum.

Edit: only receive. It won't send because of lack of data, of course.
Hopefully further advancements though :)
Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Dude sweet!!!!!!
I can confirm that I have had no problems with data after flashing back to my normal ROM, it works fine.
also first impressions: it ran SUPER smoothly considering its an OV. I thought cm9 wouldn't work well, but it suprised me, beside the lack of service :p
Hey gannon5197, see if you can receive phone calls or make them using what you did, because when I flashed, after a full wipe, I had no service at all.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey gannon5197, see if you can receive phone calls or make them using what you did, because when I flashed, after a full wipe, I had no service at all.

Can't receive or make calls :/ bummer.
Trying to replicate the text message thing though, but can't get another text, (obviously because I didn't text back. Because I couldn't )
I don't have another phone to test with atm. So I'll have to do more testing tomorrow.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Can't receive or make calls :/ bummer.
Trying to replicate the text message thing though, but can't get another text, (obviously because I didn't text back. Because I couldn't )
I don't have another phone to test with atm. So I'll have to do more testing tomorrow.

Hey Gannon, If you will, try flashing CM9 gapps after ICS.

gapps-ics-20120131-noface.zip

I would do it myself, but I have to use ADB push, and a bunch of other commands. It's a pain. D;

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Dude sweet!!!!!!
I can confirm that I have had no problems with data after flashing back to my normal ROM, it works fine.
also first impressions: it ran SUPER smoothly considering its an OV. I thought cm9 wouldn't work well, but it suprised me, beside the lack of service :p

And it has a Overclocker. :D

With the p500 Overclocking scripts.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

What was the best was that scrolling was smooth. The overclock did run pretty smooth too. Gannon mighta been onto something with his text message... I'm thinking that there might be an apk that will give us some service (from a cm7) so we can use this a little until someone with mad skilz can hack it up.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay. I believe that the phone calls has to do with the build.prop. in /system
Preferably ro.telephony.ril_class=LGEQualcommRIL
I think we may need to change that. What we Change that to, you got me there :)

Edit: tried ro.telephony.ril_class=QualcommNoSimReadyRIL
No go. Keeping on keeping on ;)

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Take a cm7 build and look in /system/framework/build.prop that's the only place to look, amd see if changing to the old value works. HOWEVER, I somehow think that somehow it has a whole lot more to do with bigger stuff... :p I wish I knew more about this.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

FYI - you didn't receive a text message, it was already in your buffer. ;)

We have gotten pretty much this far on the OV as well. However, once all the system functions are activated, there is no way of knowing if it will still run as smooth. Right now, with limited background services running, the cpu has plenty of power left for scrolling, that won't be the same once everything else is working. ;)

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Take a cm7 build and look in /system/framework/build.prop that's the only place to look, amd see if changing to the old value works. HOWEVER, I somehow think that somehow it has a whole lot more to do with bigger stuff... :p I wish I knew more about this.

Already tried. Can't find anything to do with telephony besides
ro.telephony.default_network=4

And

ro.telephony.call_ring.multiple=false

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira