03-07-2012 01:55 PM
279 ... 89101112
tools
    TDM/ICS/CM9/Harmonia 3 Pre-Alpha

Not trying to step on anyone's toes here, it is TDM's rom, I'm just making it easier for those who can't do it themselves.
    No guarantees as I haven't even tested this, but it should work fine, as always, BACKUP. This is very much not ready for prime-time, hence the pre-alpha status.

Download
    Md5:5ed6013e3827558328cf8473f841aecf
    With Gapps it's still 7 megs smaller (compressed) than the download on page 1 without Gapps.
    Shaved approximately 25+ megs from the rom, and 10+ megs from Gapps decompressed.

To install:
    Be sure to wipe system, boot, dalvik, and the factory restore/reset in recovery.
    Gapps is not needed.

Setup is the same as my other roms; the basics, nothing more.
    This details exactly all I have done so others can follow it.
    Includes:
    Gapps essentials, Gmail, Email, Market *

Removed:
    media/Boot animation
    media/video
    Languages other than English and Spanish
    Removed wallpaper from framework (one is still left in launcher, saves 300k, could reduce that as well for another 300) <--- !!!
    cmstats
    development
    gallery
    Holo spiral wallpaper
    live wallpapers
    magic smoke wallpapers
    spare parts
    videoeditor
    visualization wallpaper

Note: Gallery, DSP, and Voice recorder can be removed. If you remove voice, all speech stuff may not work.

*From Gapps for everything to work you need (and I used)...
    System/apps:
    Gmail (can be removed)
    GoogleBackupTransport
    GoogleContactsSyncAdapter
    GoogleFeedback
    GoogleLoginService
    GoogleQuickSearchBox (can be removed)
    GoogleServicesFramework
    GoogleTTS
    MarketUpdater (can be removed, but could cause problems)
    MediaUploader
    NetworkLocation
    Vending
    VoiceSearch (can be removed)

From other folders, you need everything else.
    02-16-2012 05:31 AM
    I think that is the TTS(Text2Speech)
    Yes it is.
    02-16-2012 05:31 AM
    Yes it is.
    Is it safe to remove? Does anybody here use that? Lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-16-2012 05:35 AM
    Is it safe to remove? Does anybody here use that? Lol

Should be safe, but could do some damage to other voice stuff.
    If you pull that, you could probably pull voicesearch and voice recorder as well. It's unknown what all this stuff is hooked into, so make backups.
    02-16-2012 05:51 AM
    I was trying the TDM alpha update 3g \durring the update i got Random offset: 0x8a
    it updated, but I didnt leave recovery just to be safe.
    02-16-2012 05:54 AM
    Using ICS to post this right now and had to flash multiple times. Every time got a random offset. After a few tweaks, works well enough for me to keep it.
    Discovered likes this.
    02-16-2012 05:57 AM
    I was trying the TDM alpha update 3g \durring the update i got Random offset: 0x8a
    it updated, but I didnt leave recovery just to be safe.
    I got the same message and it booted up just fine.

Discovered likes this.
    02-16-2012 05:59 AM
    Thanks Leslie! Just to be sure, we don't have to flash gapps with your modified build?

02-16-2012 06:05 AM
    Time to update your signature, LeslieAnn

tyvm for this and everyone else thanks as well

Ill do some testing and see how i could help
    02-16-2012 06:15 AM
    @Leslie, do you mind me adding you to the OP? :P

02-16-2012 06:25 AM
    Ok been testing the second build slimmed down all night and for me this pure awesomeness. Once again, thank you to all the devs. Only bugs I've had are the radio bug after boot and reboot (test menu switch off and on to fix). One time had to toggle 3g itself in settings to fix (could just be phone). FC's for some apps (expected). And phone becomes a hand warmer when charging (probably just the phone again). All in all a very impressive first build.
    02-16-2012 06:31 AM
    Thanks Leslie! Just to be sure, we don't have to flash gapps with your modified build?
    You do NOT need Gapps with it.

@Leslie, do you mind me adding you to the OP? :P
    If you do, please make sure to state that it's a modified TDM rom and very alpha.
    I don't want to steal anything from TDM (or anyone else), it's his work, I just sprinkled it with the Harmonia pixie dust.
    02-16-2012 07:08 AM
    Man... last time i logged in, all we had was a flashable ROM without Market, or working phone.
    I come back and all of that is somewhat working.
    Thanks & awesome work to those working on this.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-16-2012 07:16 AM
    Thanks leslie for removing the bloat and intigrating gapps. Can I request one with the generic.kl gannon posted a few pages back. Its nice to have Home and settings back where they belong. I've already replaced it on mine but I'm sure others would appreciate it

02-16-2012 07:51 AM
    There are already two or three ICS roms out there for us to choose from, and we've only had ICS for a few days... which do I choose

02-16-2012 08:04 AM
    Just thought I'd mention this rom still has factory reset in the privacy menu Perhaps in the next build it could be removed before someone tries to use it

tdm likes this.
    02-16-2012 08:17 AM
    Just thought I'd mention this rom still has factory reset in the privacy menu Perhaps in the next build it could be removed before someone tries to use it

This is going to cause us many headaches

I just found a factory reset in your new ICS ROM and decided that it would be really helpful to reset my phone to clear all those problems I'm having. I clicked it and POOF!!!! it rebooted and its stuck on that silly LG screen. Help!!!!
    02-16-2012 08:22 AM
    I haven't been able to get mobile data unless I also check the Enable Data While Roaming option in the mobile network settings. I hadn't read of anyone else needing to enable that to get 3G to work.

The 3G icon still shows up but nothing will transfer. The *#*#4636#*#* Phone Information menu says Roamig Icon Disabled (or something like that) and I actually just noticed the 3G icon disapearing and reapearing as I type this.

Edit: Well, nevermind, after a few reboots, airplane mode toggles and mobile data on/off cycles, 3G has evened itself out. It's stable and working without checking Mobile Data While Roaming. Phone Info still says Roaming Indicator Off for the Current network.

Edit again: 3G still goes in and out sometimes. I guess that's to be expected with an Alpha rom.

Awesome work, Devs!
    02-16-2012 08:24 AM
    Just wanted to point out that leslie's slimmed/market added build works great! Downloaded most things that I have on cm7 and everything is working great. I have tapatalk. Poweramp. Titanium backup. And am t
    Really pleased with this alpha build.

Sent from your mom's phone.
    02-16-2012 08:29 AM
    This looks really temping to try,but its still alpha. And my only phone,Thanks to all who made this possible.
    02-16-2012 08:37 AM
    Running H3. Have not paid so I can't test data. Running smooth.

OV ICS TapaTalk
    02-16-2012 09:10 AM
    Any way somebody can make a flashable zip to fix hard button layout on harmonia 3? Or point someone in the right direction to fix the buttons I.e. home, option.

Sent from your mom's phone.
    02-16-2012 09:28 AM
    Absolutely incredible you guys. Glad to see that this phone is rocking a semi-stable ICS build! Everything will come around with some time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    02-16-2012 09:41 AM
    I'd like the same as Ray...
    And CRAP! You guys sure this is Alpha?! It works surprisingly well.
    It's way faster and processes things better . Example: Market is waaaay faster. Loads better.
    Calls & Data work fine for me. Haven't tried SMS or MMS.
    I get that red box, but it really doesn't bother me.
    I OC'ed to 729 (i think) and it worked great, no overheating, FCs or Rebooting.
    And i swear, 3G responds better.
    If the Option & Home buttons worked i would just run ICS as an everyday ROM to test it out.
    I installed TB and it worked fine.
    I really can't think of any problems i ran into except the buttons which got me frustrated xD

02-16-2012 09:43 AM
    I'd like the same as Ray...
    And CRAP! You guys sure this is Alpha?! It works surprisingly well.
    It's way faster and processes things better . Example: Market is waaaay faster. Loads better.
    Calls & Data work fine for me. Haven't tried SMS or MMS.
    I get that red box, but it really doesn't bother me.
    I OC'ed to 729 (i think) and it worked great, no overheating, FCs or Rebooting.
    And i swear, 3G responds better.
    If the Option & Home buttons worked i would just run ICS as an everyday ROM to test it out.
    I installed TB and it worked fine.
    I really can't think of any problems i ran into except the buttons which got me frustrated xD

Fresh New placebo effect? Very exciting to watch, I wont flash until the Dev Crew starts a stable thread.
    02-16-2012 09:51 AM
279 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD