03-07-2012 01:55 PM
279 1234 ...
tools
    They flashed fine, there is no market included though... what do you want to know curiousnoob
    I wanted to see if the market, or anything with Google applies to it. :P

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-11-2012 10:40 AM
    The apps included work, but without a market you can't download any. Also terminal emulator isn't included so you can't push stuff. Another problem is the huge amount of space ics takes up... all I did wasflash the Tom 89MB and gapps 23MB

as you can see space will Be a problem. Maybe try putting the market into the gapps zip beforeflashing and see ifit works.
    02-11-2012 10:43 AM
    Gmail and gtalk worked, but the marketdidnt even show up. I made sure before flashing to do a full wipe so all that space used was from the rom itself. When I booted the phone it prompted me for my account info and stuff. So it was working ok, but I declined to log in and stuff, and market wasn't in the app drawer.
    02-11-2012 11:01 AM
    Gmail and gtalk worked, but the marketdidnt even show up. I made sure before flashing to do a full wipe so all that space used was from the rom itself. When I booted the phone it prompted me for my account info and stuff. So it was working ok, but I declined to log in and stuff, and market wasn't in the app drawer.
    I wonder if it was installed at all. I'ma check the zip. If not, it might have needed the Google Account sync? Then again you said Gmail worked....
    02-11-2012 11:07 AM
    Well since I didn't sync an account there was nothing for gmail to show, but it opened fine and asked If I wanted to add an account, so did gtalk. In my experience when it does that, it means its working fine, but the absence of market was weird.
    02-11-2012 11:16 AM
    It could have something to do with not logging in, because there's a load of apps in the gapps that I didn't see installed when I flashed it. I can't log in though cuz I'm not near wifi.
    02-11-2012 11:20 AM
    It could have something to do with not logging in, because there's a load of apps in the gapps that I didn't see installed when I flashed it. I can't log in though cuz I'm not near wifi.
    I'm busy today, but somebody should definitely go into account & sync from the settings and manually add their Google account. See if that fixes market

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    02-11-2012 11:36 AM
    I think you have to log in in order for the market to appear?
    02-11-2012 12:33 PM
    If the Market works, I'm so testing Google Chrome Beta. xP
    02-11-2012 01:24 PM
    If the Market works, I'm so testing Google Chrome Beta. xP
    We still can't get a working market :/

02-11-2012 01:28 PM
    Why won't the market work?

When I flashed gapps, the only apps that showed up in my drawer were gtalk and gmail, and if you look in the gapps zip there's almost 30 apps that should install.

One thing that is gonna have to be done is that all the apks need to be downsized, because they all contain pngs for hdpi and xhdpi phones and it takes up wayyyyyy too much room.
    02-11-2012 02:04 PM
    After flashing gapps, go to settings, applications, and see if Vending.apk is there.

02-11-2012 02:49 PM
    Probably not likely to work but has anyone tried useing titanium backup to backup the market app on CM7 and restore it on CM9?

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
    02-11-2012 03:19 PM
    Probably not likely to work but has anyone tried useing titanium backup to backup the market app on CM7 and restore it on CM9?

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
    Could work. If we had a way to download titanium backup without market

02-11-2012 03:33 PM

There's an option in titanium to create a flashable zip that will install titanium on your new rom

Sent from space
    02-11-2012 03:42 PM
    There's an option in titanium to create a flashable zip that will install titanium on your new rom

Sent from space
    Well, I'm done with ics for today. Busy for the rest of today, but I think you may be into something!

02-11-2012 03:46 PM

Sent from space
    Hahaha I was typing this same thing when my phone froze probly from the stupid screen rotations and I had to pull the battery

Sent from my optimistic optimus
    02-11-2012 03:50 PM

http://matrixrewriter.com/android/fi...kup_latest.apk

Found this without to much trouble. Also like the flashable zip idea. I didn't think of that

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
    02-11-2012 04:04 PM
    http://matrixrewriter.com/android/fi...kup_latest.apk

Found this without to much trouble. Also like the flashable zip idea. I didn't think of that

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
    What the heck, I got an hour. Let's try this bad boy out

02-11-2012 04:36 PM
    Sounds like it has a ways to go to be a daily driver, but maybe our Dev all stars could team up with drew.

PM'd him yesterday.

LeslieAnn, better make sure that ICS build box is fired up and ready for some load over the next couple weeks.
    rukin5197 and Anonymo like this.
    02-11-2012 04:48 PM
    so does hardware accerlations work? any apps?
    lupohirp claims it does. I haven't flashed it yet.
    02-11-2012 04:52 PM
    as you can see space will Be a problem.
    Yeah .. but at least it fits. I was afraid it wouldn't.

I'm thinking a partitioned sdcard with symlinks will be a must.
    02-11-2012 04:55 PM
    LeslieAnn, better make sure that ICS build box is fired up and ready for some load over the next couple weeks.
    Still getting sub 15minute first runs of IHO builds, no word yet on second runs, but they just upped my internet speed, so it may help.

Oh, and it's waiting for a challenge.
    It growled at me and told me to tell you "bring it on, b*tch!".

For those wondering what he is referring to, it's this:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ld-server.html
    A community server I setup for devs to offload their rom building to a more powerful computer. The offer still stands for people building roms for the OV.
    tdm, anthonycr, Anonymo and 2 others like this.
    02-11-2012 05:29 PM
    Still getting sub 15minute first runs of IHO builds, no word yet on second runs, but they just upped my internet speed, so it may help.

Oh, and it's waiting for a challenge.
    It growled at me and told me to tell you "bring it on, b*tch!".

For those wondering what he is referring to, it's this:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ld-server.html
    A community server I setup for devs to offload their rom building to a more powerful computer. The offer still stands for people building roms for the OV.
    touche'
    02-11-2012 05:40 PM
    I couldn't get the titanium backup zip to flash idk what was wrong with it but it gave an error and aborted.
    02-11-2012 06:11 PM
279 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD