03-07-2012 01:55 PM
279 12345 ...
tools
    I couldn't get the titanium backup zip to flash idk what was wrong with it but it gave an error and aborted.
    Mine simply just hung at the installing market 3.4.4 part. Odd.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-11-2012 08:47 PM
    I've never been able to get the Titanium zip to work at all, even on Gingerbread
    02-12-2012 02:08 AM
    I've never been able to get the Titanium zip to work at all, even on Gingerbread
    Me either

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    02-12-2012 08:31 AM
    OK so no luck with the titanium flashable zip. Anyone try installing titanium via apk and restoring the market?

02-12-2012 01:01 PM
    OK so no luck with the titanium flashable zip. Anyone try installing titanium via apk and restoring the market?

Mine simply just hung at the installing market 3.4.4 part. Odd.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    02-12-2012 01:28 PM
    I tried but wouldn't show market. I will flash it again later on and try again.

02-12-2012 01:45 PM
    Sorry Gannon thought you also tried the zip. Oh well was worth a shot anyways.

02-12-2012 01:47 PM
    Uhhhhh okay.. so.. my market is working.. just flashed (only wiping cache and dalvik) and went to logcat the market, but it worked. I installed angry birds

02-12-2012 05:58 PM
    I just got done spending a few hours on ICS and got the market installed and working also. I flashed gapps ICS gapps but it didn't get me the market so I installed titanium backup and restored es file explorer to do some poking around. Went to the gapps zip and checked to see if it contained the market apk.. It did so then I checked in /system/app/ the app was there but the icon wasn't right and clicking on it only resulted in parsing error. I decided I would try copying the app from the zip over to replace the one in /system/app/ copy failed.. So then I tried copying and running it in /data/app/... Copied successfully. Ok great ran it installed successfully. Now I had market listed in my app drawer but when I tried opening it, it would just fc but I could see the accept or decline privacy statement thing and thought I was pretty close but had to get it into /system/ well I went back into titanium backup and thats when I noticed system rom was being reported with less then 2mb free. Then I used titanium backup to remove some system apps (can't remember what ones) and tried copying the app again success! Then ran it. It installed successfully and I hit open and it finally did! I'll probably try and replicate it tomorrow but for now have restored back to BACKside

rukin5197 likes this.
    02-12-2012 07:21 PM
    In short I think the ICS gapps would flash and work fine but there isn't enough room in /system/ after the rom

02-12-2012 07:33 PM
    Well my method is a little easier, but yours is safer.
    My method:
    Flash cm9 from only wiping cache and dalvik (coming from cm7 with market 3.4.4)
    Flash gapps (the one designed for the optimus one (curiousnoob posted earlier))
    Reboot.
    Bam! Works!

02-12-2012 07:36 PM
    @thewraith420 did you see the screenshot I posted of my internal storage? Did you see how the system apps were taking up space not reserved for them? You might be on to something with it not working because there's not wnough room. Maybe if someone does a sd partition after initially flashing the rom and then flashes the gapps over that that maybe it will work.
    Just food for thought... or should I say ice cream
    02-12-2012 07:38 PM
    Storage is going to be a MAJOR issue for ICS on this phone, there is no way around it.

Even on the Evo they are stripping out a lot otherwise they too have almost no room for apps when done, and they have more room. I think someone said a current, full install on the Evo would leave 30 megs, on the OV that would probably be closer to coming up 100+ megs short. And yes it can cause things to not run. Memory will also be an issue.

This is why so many phones will not be getting updates for it.
    02-12-2012 07:47 PM
    Tired of constantly pressing the back button? Well myself and me2151 have fixed that. Until I find out a fix for the ov, use this: http://www.mediafire.com/?d2gmfck4cmg3bd7
    And replace it with the file in /system/usr/keylayouts
    Don't forget to change the permissions! And of course, reboot

Edit: got it to work properly with our phones. Here is the download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?totahvftwu5tk4a
    notown likes this.
    02-12-2012 07:58 PM
    I think tomorrow ill flash the rom, install titanium backup, restore my Pro key, and use titanium backup to convert some system apps to user. If that goes well I'll have more room in /system and hopefully I'll be able to flash gapps and actually get them all. Including the market

02-12-2012 08:40 PM
    I think tomorrow ill flash the rom, install titanium backup, restore my Pro key, and use titanium backup to convert some system apps to user. If that goes well I'll have more room in /system and hopefully I'll be able to flash gapps and actually get them all. Including the market

Sounds good to me

02-12-2012 08:49 PM
    Tomorrow, I'll be sure to get all these fixes converted into one flashable rom

kcls likes this.
    02-12-2012 09:41 PM
    Hey I was thinking that maybe when we get a working rom, I could take all the apks, open them up using 7zip and replace all the hdpi and xdpi pngs we don't use in our phones with blank 1pixel pngs that wouldn't take up any room, which would free up a heck of a lot of room.
    02-12-2012 09:52 PM
    Yeah, the ICS gapps have A TON of unnecessary stuff in them. It was a problem over in the nook color forums when ICS was just being released. If you look over in the nook color xda forums there is a gapps zip posted with just the basics in it. You might try that instead. But I'm sure converting a bunch if apps to user and uninstalling will also help.

Man, I'm so excited for this. I never dreamed that ICS would be possible on the V. Now its a reality!

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
    02-12-2012 09:55 PM
    Hey I was thinking that maybe when we get a working rom, I could take all the apks, open them up using 7zip and replace all the hdpi and xdpi pngs we don't use in our phones with blank 1pixel pngs that wouldn't take up any room, which would free up a heck of a lot of room.
    Feel free, but that would be a heck of a lot of decompiling and signing and rewriting XML to get it to recompile with possibly missing images.

rukin5197 likes this.
    02-12-2012 09:56 PM
    Feel free, but that would be a heck of a lot of decompiling and signing and rewriting XML to get it to recompile with possibly missing images.

And I heard people couldn't get ics apks to decompile. Double whammy

02-12-2012 10:10 PM
    Guys the market works just fine. Wipe everything completely, install ICS along with the ICS google apps. The market does not show in the app list, however if you open the app list and hit the little three vertical dots at the top right you can select market from the menu and it works fine.
    02-12-2012 11:39 PM
    And I heard people couldn't get ics apks to decompile. Double whammy

Well forget the dexompiling part then... I don't have a way to recompile them anyway
    I've manually editted hundreds and hundreds of pngs in my current set up, so I figure once there's something final, I'll just screw around and see if I can't save 50-100 megs of space by removing (or at least downsizing) the pngs.
    02-13-2012 06:58 AM
    ^^ sounds good
    I got my computer working and will be able to make a flashable ROM just for us ov users
    Question: should I make a new thread, or just make a download link on this one? I don't want the devs to get angry because they will need to make a thread for their ics. Or should I just simply say, this is just temporary until the devs release a working version for our phones..

02-13-2012 02:01 PM
    ^^ sounds good
    I got my computer working and will be able to make a flashable ROM just for us ov users
    Question: should I make a new thread, or just make a download link on this one? I don't want the devs to get angry because they will need to make a thread for their ics. Or should I just simply say, this is just temporary until the devs release a working version for our phones..

Or you can release it in a post and I can quote you in the 1st post.

rukin5197 likes this.
    02-13-2012 02:28 PM
279 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD